• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2004 models.

Love My truck

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I bought my truck when the Titan barely came out in 2004. I've had two issues one was the braken disks it had when I bought it, but with 93975 miles my brakes are still good. The second one was the Nissan Car battery, I've had that replaced twice."

Like life- Titan's are good and bad

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"What got me to buy it was the way it looked and the performance- not only blistering fast but nice road manners, quiet cabin, good handling. it also is loaded with a lot of well thought out stuff, from the center console to the bed track attachment system. It is an SE and has the tow and off-road packages, leather, all the airbags and the great Rockford Fosgate sound system. I run Toyo Open Country AT tires which have given me almost 40k mi and are a great match for the truck- but not cheap. They're good in snow too, here in MN. I use it to tow a 4-place snowmobile trailer in winter, an ATV trailer in summer or our tent trailer. For work i've towed an 8,800lb trailer frequently in the past and now tow a 3,500lb. It tows well at our lower altitudes and didn't struggle when we were in the Bighorns with our tent trailer+ load- but does with a big load of sleds. Now for the negative things (and remember this was the first year of production) it had the front brakes re-done 2x's (warped rotors) at the dealer before they finally did the recall and it got new calipers and rotors, I paid for only the second time. At 3 months the left side window fell off the track into the door- dealer fixed it immediately but for the last 5 years sounds like its going to stop anytime. They replaced the seat covers on the drivers side because the dye faded/ came off in a weird pattern. Then the seat bottom cover split around the seat control- they "fixed" it w/o replacing it and it's open again. Then at 73k it had the right side exhaust manifold crack- out of warranty, but the dealer squeaked it in somehow. Not long after the front differential went out. I got a discount on the labor and parts because it was just days after the manifold but it was still $2,700. Then the transmission cooler got a leak in it and since it's inside the bottom tank of the radiator it pumped tranny fluid into the engine block (no big deal) and coolant into the tranny (big deal) for how many miles I don't know, that was $1,540. It got a new radiator (the trans cooler is built in) and they flushed out the transmission but it was badly serviced that time and lost all it's fluid 8 miles away from the dealership. It showed a "service engine" light at the same time and I had to replace both O2 sensors for the engine management system+ reprogramming, $822. Now it needs the left side manifold, another $1,400- no warranty this time. If it wasn't for my dealer and service manager I would have walked away a long time ago. And now I think the transmission is an expensive timebomb waiting to go off. It has 78K miles now. Still has a quality ride and feel to it but I have less confidence in it now- a lot less."

By on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My favorite Nissan to date

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my truck in 2004 and I've had absolutely no problems with it. The gas miliage is the only drawback, but I knew what I was getting going in."

Appearances can be deceiving

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"04 Titan -truck looks good and is fast but trouble. Ran ok -AM radio didn't work correctly from day 1- dealer said some trucks were just like that- argued with dealer finally replaced. About 40K more problems started. Seat belts weren't functioning properly and brakes weren't working right, one problem after another. Motor on drivers window burnt out the first time at 32K and then second time. Dealer was difficult again- said used the window to much! Truck is fast, corners well, good suspension- but gets terrible gas milage. Nissan service is terrible. Still own truck with 100K on it. Replaced all wheel bearings, hub assembly, twice now, power steering pump, and much more. Basicaly have rebuilt the truck. Very expensive! Engine doesn't tow well as of about 90K, can hear the strain towing snowmoblies. Truck is comfy, love the styling on interior, and it drives well, faster than most cars! However, appearance and some performance don't make up for mechanical difficulties and poor service. Won't buy another one!"

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

By on Friday, December 04, 2009

04 Nissan Titan

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"This truck has lots of power, a good ride and is sharp. I tow a camper with mine and it performs wonderful. There were three big let downs with my Titan though, 1) Terrible gas milage. 2) Rear end failure. 3) Poor braking performance. Nissan was kind enough to take care of both mechanical problems after my warrenty expired."

Great Truck!!!

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"1st "new" truck I've ever owned. Going 6+ years now and still going strong. I'm so very impressed with the overall performance of this vehicle that when the time comes, I will trade up to a new one. NISSAN got it right with this one and has outshined all others."

By on Friday, October 09, 2009

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals