2004 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2004 models.

Like life- Titan's are good and bad

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"What got me to buy it was the way it looked and the performance- not only blistering fast but nice road manners, quiet cabin, good handling. it also is loaded with a lot of well thought out stuff, from the center console to the bed track attachment system. It is an SE and has the tow and off-road packages, leather, all the airbags and the great Rockford Fosgate sound system. I run Toyo Open Country AT tires which have given me almost 40k mi and are a great match for the truck- but not cheap. They're good in snow too, here in MN. I use it to tow a 4-place snowmobile trailer in winter, an ATV trailer in summer or our tent trailer. For work i've towed an 8,800lb trailer frequently in the past and now tow a 3,500lb. It tows well at our lower altitudes and didn't struggle when we were in the Bighorns with our tent trailer+ load- but does with a big load of sleds. Now for the negative things (and remember this was the first year of production) it had the front brakes re-done 2x's (warped rotors) at the dealer before they finally did the recall and it got new calipers and rotors, I paid for only the second time. At 3 months the left side window fell off the track into the door- dealer fixed it immediately but for the last 5 years sounds like its going to stop anytime. They replaced the seat covers on the drivers side because the dye faded/ came off in a weird pattern. Then the seat bottom cover split around the seat control- they "fixed" it w/o replacing it and it's open again. Then at 73k it had the right side exhaust manifold crack- out of warranty, but the dealer squeaked it in somehow. Not long after the front differential went out. I got a discount on the labor and parts because it was just days after the manifold but it was still $2,700. Then the transmission cooler got a leak in it and since it's inside the bottom tank of the radiator it pumped tranny fluid into the engine block (no big deal) and coolant into the tranny (big deal) for how many miles I don't know, that was $1,540. It got a new radiator (the trans cooler is built in) and they flushed out the transmission but it was badly serviced that time and lost all it's fluid 8 miles away from the dealership. It showed a "service engine" light at the same time and I had to replace both O2 sensors for the engine management system+ reprogramming, $822. Now it needs the left side manifold, another $1,400- no warranty this time. If it wasn't for my dealer and service manager I would have walked away a long time ago. And now I think the transmission is an expensive timebomb waiting to go off. It has 78K miles now. Still has a quality ride and feel to it but I have less confidence in it now- a lot less."

280K miles and going strong

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "reliability...quietness...power"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got the most basic truck on the lot but it still came with carpeted floors and a bedliner along with cruise. I had just run a chevy for 250K miles and thought I had done okay despite putting a new transmission, water pump, and 3 fuel pumps into that chevy....but this Titan is incredible! Like I said 280K miles to date and I haven't replaced anything but the battery (twice) and spark plugs once. Nissan paid for new brakes and rotors at about 30K miles...I've had the ones they installed since then and they still have life left on the pads. The engine is powerful, quiet, and leak-free. I've pulled some insanely heavy trailers and the power up grades is amazing. I've read a few bad reviews...mostly stuff like power window problems and radiators. Obviously I can't say anything about power windows (don't have them) but my radiator has never been a problem...I changed the anti-freeze for the first time a couple months ago. Just a fine vehicle....never a problem...never stranded...all I could ask for...and the price was cheaper than a chevy with a six cylinder, rubber floor mats, and no cruise or bedliner."

My favorite Nissan to date

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my truck in 2004 and I've had absolutely no problems with it. The gas miliage is the only drawback, but I knew what I was getting going in."

strength style reliable

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Owned 5 years, tow horses, hay, etc. Reliable, no repairs other than regular maintenance and tires. V8 shell/cap, off-road pkg - excellent in deep snow, mountains, all purpose. King cab back seats sometimes not the roomiest but passengers say seats are comfortable."

whata truck

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Best overall truck on the market does everything you ask and more exceeded my expectations..traded a 2000 Chevy Silverado(loaded model) for this truck it was third NEW Chevy I watched fall apart in my driveway no more for me. The Titan is so quite and tight SOLID just can't say enough about it. GM needs to send there engineers to Nissan school of technology..The real plus My Nissan LE was almost $8,000 less brand new than a Chevy or Ford."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals