• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 490 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

LOVE THIS TRUCK. Please make a bigger one!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Safe Safe Safe vehicle. PULLS like a dream."

Cons: "Better left side arm rest for driver."

"Cried today as my truck was totaled. Icey roads caused a driver of a ford explorer to lose control, cross the centerline and destroyed the drivers side of my truck, tore the axel of the rear of the truck, and sheared the drive shaft off. Hard hit. Deputy said had I been in a car, I would not have walked away from this one. His actual words were 'buy another one, just like this one.' This truck took a hard hit, air bags deployed, and most likely could have saved my life. I highly recommend this truck, and she pulled like a dream (2 horse trailer) handled like a dream. Some good times in this truck, and am missing her sorely."

162000miles everthing orginal brakes,belts

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great and powerful"

"its all qrginal except which I just chaged at 91000 on my 2nd set of tires because truck never got out of line great great"

Best vehicle I have ever had

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Very practical well designed truck"

Cons: "Rear air is not sufficient"

"Most dependable truck I ever owned, comfortable and practical interior. Have almost 200,000 miles on it, engine and drive train have never been touched."

excellent choice

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, functionality, performance"

Cons: "Paint finish, cheap plastics"

"I bought my '08 nissan titan se 4x4 new. I have never had an issue with it mechanically. Functionally, the truck is perfect, plenty of storage, comfortable, and overall just nice to live with. My complaints are about the the paint and plastics on the truck. I had to have the top & hood re painted recently, and it is just over 5 yrs old. I keep the truck waxed and clean with good products, but the clear coat still wore off (according to the body shop), and the paint faded out & looked bad. The black plastic trim on the exterior also fades quickly. There are products on the market to make it look new again, but you do have to re apply them often. The interior plastic is also kind of cheap. The glove box doesn't line up right in my truck, and you can see the dash flex when you push on it from the front by the radio. Not a big deal, but the fit & finish on this truck is the only thing lacking when compared to a ford. I do like my titan a lot, and expect to keep it until it is 10 yrs old, and do not expect to have any issues to speak of. I would absolutely buy this truck again, new or used."

Best Truck in class

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Stronger than other 1/2 Tons, fair mileage,"

Cons: "Small bed, A/C blower motor"

"This has been the best truck in its class. I've done more hauling and towing with this truck that my previous GM trucks could not handle. it may be 1/2 ton rated, but it handles more like a 3/4 ton. The only quirk, the bed is too small. I'd like to have a 6.5' or longer, this only has a 5.5'. The factory A/C blower motor is weak, but if you get the O'Reilly's replacement it will not be an issue. All of my GM trucks have crapped out at 60K, this is the first truck since 1996 that has made it over 100K with very little repairs needed, only the A/C blower motor (3 times), brakess & rotors (3 time) tires, routine maintenance, and about to need new shocks and struts. Recommend replacing factory rotors with high performance rotors to avoid warping issues, especially on the front. Since making this change, I've got about 70K on the brakes and rotors. With factory rotors, because I do a lot of towing/hauling, the front rotors tend to warp about 20K."