2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Great, but repair costs are terrible...

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Overall, I was very satisfied with my Nissan until repairs starting adding up quickly. My Titan was a 2006 with 42k miles which is below average as it was driven only several times per week. Prior to winter the heater stopped working and was looked at by several dealers. In the end, the cost to fix the heater problem was approximately $3000. This is an unbelievable cost for repair this time in comparison to other manufacturers. I was not expecting such a costly repair for a vehicle with under 50k miles. In addition, a power steering hose and axle joint seal failed as well totaling over $1000 in repairs. Based on this experience, I will never buy a Nissan vehicle again or recommend them to others."

safest truck I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Every thing you could want and complete safety."

Cons: "needs a little better gas millage."

"Had a 2004 Titan LE, got hit in the side by a drunk, flipped over on the driver side, outside of truck totaled, inside looked like new. Whole family waked away unhurt, went out and bought a 2006 Titan the nest week. Has all the comfort of a car and the usefulness of a truck. I'm just looking to trade up to a new one."

Saved my life

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"This is my second Ttian. My first was 2006. standing still I was hit so hard from behind the vehicle was a total loss. I had no injuries. I drove it home from the scene, The rear frame was cracked from the impact. The baby benz had the engine in the front seat. This truck saved my life. I bought the 2007 10 day later and have never had a repair bill other than maintenance. I use a hydrogen conversion kit for intake boost and I have increased the mileage by 30% Go Titan."

By on Wednesday, April 07, 2010

"Pros: Gutsy engine, pulls a trailer better than some 3/4 ton trucks, feels solid inside and out, roomy interior, comfortable, great value. Cons: Spray-in bedliner scratches and wears faster than my other trucks with plastic liners, the rear of the cab is kind of spartan, engine and exhaust get a little rough sounding at higher revs, Nissan is lazy with fit and finish...But I could easily forget about all of that! The Titian is awesome and extremely underrated. It's one of the older truck on the market, yet it feels new, looks great and does things better than so many other trucks. Have I ever needed to take it to the dealer for repairs? Nope, it's been very reliable. I've driven and owned many trucks, but my 08 Titan has so far been the best. If Nissan doesn't decide to build a redesigned Titan, I don't think I'll be trading this one in anytime soon. MY20O8Titan"

2005 4X4 LE 4 door loaded

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Purchsed vehicle as a Nissan Program Car in 07 with about 25K miles on it. Finish was great and still is, except for drivers side rear door that seems to close louder/rattles, and the drivers seat seems loose. The back up sensor/alarm went out and the Certified Nissan 100K warranty did not cover, seems odd for a "safety device". The drivers chrome door handle cover came off, poor plastic mold retainer clips broke. The spray on bed liner is begining to bubble in a few spots. Power is about too much. My friend has a company provided '08 Chevy 4X4 Club Cab (Freebie) and his wife drove mine to the store. When she got back she couldn't stop talking about the Nissan Power, she burnt up a 1/4 tank hot rodding. Gas milage on these has been low I think. I drove from Dumas Tx to Pueblo Co across northern NM and was at 20mpg. I set the cruise on 65 and nothing else. You can get terrible gas milage if you lead foot it, but I get very good milage. 15-17 city/rural and highway is routinely 18+. Have done the Al to Co trip 4 times and its always the same, winter is 19+. I have owened a '93 4x4 GMC Extended Cab and I still think that was the best vehicle I have ever owned. A friend has went through a Chevy, Dodge, and now has a Toyota and is still not happy. Especially when I park next to him. The Titan looks the best hands down. The DOWN FALL!! Resale/value. Nissan Titan suffers from being a new line. Not sure how long it takes to get your rep up. Advice? Buy a newused certified Nissan get the warranty, roll out, and dont look back. Horror stories that are in here, must be flukes. I would push anyone to purchase a Nissan. My complaints are nitpicking. Small hicups in a great vehicle."

Great ride and Appearance

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"I bought this truck as a alternate to the F-150 King Ranch and have found it to be a great buy. the leather styling is great the its Rockford Fosgate Audio system. and the ride is strong while providing good fuel economy for its size. It has great curb appeal as you drive by with its chrome accents. I cant get enough of the short bed that can haul good loads and still give you other configurations. In the snow this beast is a animal, I tried to get stuck in this beast and couldn't. it does get bouncy on rough roads but the seating is very comfortable in the front and in the back. The rear sensors are great for parking in Chicago side streets and the side mirrors are a great help for watching traffic beside you. Overall the truck is great to drive and very versatile."

Not that great

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought this '06 new after driving all the other trucks. For the money, it is a good value. But with 57K miles, the AC has crapped out, both exhaust manifolds cracked and had to be replaced, the shocks leak, the bakes lasted 30K miles and it needs a second set of tires. I bought the truck to be used as a truck not as a family car. It has a lot more quality issues than my '00 GMC Sierra. On the plus side, it has plenty of power. I hauled an 18' trailer with a JD 790 tractor, brush hog and box blade from OK. to WV and didn't even notice the load."

glorious:)

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"First truck I have owned and don't regret choosing the Titan for a second. Can haul a house, and she really gets up and goes when you want her to. Not awesome gas milage as expected but not horrible. I average from 17-21 per gallon. Tons of room on the inside and the bed is plenty large."

Want a new one

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I bought one of the first Titans in NM. A 2004, 4X4 off road package SE Crew cab. After months of research and driving everything in the truck market, i took a shot on the unknown Titan. What a lucky pick. 4 years and 99,250 miles of desert dirt and mtn snow, hwy and off road, it still runs great. Never stranded, always started, never stuck. Replaced the radiator and a window motor. Best car i've ever owned. I don't know what my milage is and don't care, they all get about the same. These trucks have way more features for the dollar than anything out there. I'm currently looking for a new one. P.S. its great in the snow with the VDC, and i wish it had a better drivers seat."

AZ TI10

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Best truck I have owned. Best room, towing/hauling cap. and a great value for the buck. It could get a little better gas mileage but if you drive it reasonably you do alright. I'm negotiating for a new 09 I like it so much."