• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 490 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Honestly A Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Driver position adjustability, overall handling"

Cons: "MPG, Splash Guards"

"The Pro-4X Titan rides and handles better than most trucks I've had experience with. Since I have back-trouble, even test driving tells me how uncomfortable I'll be on longer drives. The Pro-4x not only handled/rode better than the two other Titan versions, but surpassed the Tundra and Ram as well. I have short legs, and my Titan's power adjustable pedals (awesome!) plus 8-way power seat make my driving reach a breeze. The lockable rear differential makes getting out of parking in deep snow so easy. Heated mirrors = no snow build-up. It's the only car or truck I honestly have ever felt total comfort in, even on really long trips. In four years the only problem I've had is that the splash guards aren't wide enough to protect the rear bumper from stone/sand chips. MPG is typical for a full-size truck and there's most definitely pain-at-the-pump, but the trade-off is great handling, comfort, and hauling convenience. Road feel is great, u-turn radius is short/tight. Backing sensors are accurate. Power rear window is larger than most and really convenient. I'm completely happy with it and it doesn't hurt that it looks great!"

Nice vehicle/some issues

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,attractive body,kids love the dvd"

Cons: "Toggle Navigation,no heat in winter"

"I purchased this vechicle new in 2008 because of its features like navigation,bluetooth,heated leather bucket seats,dvd etc. After 1 year,front axle went up,repaired under warranty,bluetooth after 2nd year but dealership wont fix it as I was over 40k miles. They quoted me $700 for repair.At 35k, axle got stuck in 4x4 low mode and wont release.Dealership said I have to put in reverse and then it will release. It worked a few times. Never did that on my toyota?? AT 45k,the heat stopped working ( fan just blows cold). Now at 59k,shocks are gone, I am on my 3rd set of tires at $225 a piece and thinking of either repairing all issues or geting rid of it. Any ideas?"

Great Truck

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, Reliable, Versatile, & Comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

Titan in Montana with our trailer.

"I bought an 07 4x4 LE Crew Cab new. This truck has done EVERYTHING I've ever asked it to do. I drive back and forth from So. Cal. to our place in Montana, that's 1300 miles one way and the crew cab is so roomy and comfortable, it's no problem. Once we get to Montana, I put this truck to work, hauling wood, repairing fences, towing equipment, it gets no break. In the winter I put the chains on, switch it to 4 wheel drive and it takes icy roads no problem. In the 5 years that I've owned it (110,000 miles) all I've had to do (besides routine maintenance) is change a battery. I test drove a Dodge, Chevy, and Toyota, this truck was the best of the lot. Finally, I didn't buy this truck so I could get good gas mileage, and if you're looking for good gas mileage, I'd suggest a "Smart Car". Buy this truck for everything else you have to do."

Titan in Montana with our trailer.

A great truck.

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Cons: "Mpg is tough in this economy."

"Strong, comfortable, smooth, and dependable. The bells and whistles are impressive. The look is classy."

2nd Titan

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing, reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage, suspension"

"I bought the 09 LE crew cab after my 05 SE king cab was rearended and totaled due to a bent frame. Both trucks were great i liked the 05 better because it did not have the flex fuel engine, seemed to run a little better despite having 12 less hp. The le has lots of room inside and the leather is nice. Tows great but the suspension is too soft, i was told that the LE has a softer suspension because it is supposed to be better for long trips. Overall both trucks were/are great, with very few issues. Worst part about owning it is the fuel bill!"

Beast

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Endless power, smooth, comfortable,"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought this truck used (was in excellent condition) Awesome power, smooth transmission, great 4 wheel drive. MPG not great but you don't buy a truck to get good gas mileage. Would recommend this truck over any of the "big 4" American trucks"

good but yet some issues

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "awesome acceleration and handling. 4x4 is awesome"

Cons: "cheap interior. aweful gas milage"

"we bought this truck in september of 2011 and it barely had 100,000 miles on it. does okay on gas, but the tundra seems to do better. we had it for two months and it left us stuck on the side of the road. computer went out. nissan said it was a recall and they'd fix it at no cost and pay for the towing. and the interior is so cheap. nice, but cheap. great truck other than that. great acceleration and awesome handling. better than ford, dodge, or gm trucks by far."

Not great

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Powerhouse"

Cons: "Feels cheap"

"Ive owned ford and Chevy this truck has more power but rides like a tank it's noisy and not comfortable fuel mileage not a big deal gets about 15 mpg I'd say average for a truck"

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, LOTS of room, great ride"

Cons: "fuel consumption"

"This is my 2nd Titan and it is the BEST truck I have ever owned. Taken it to Canada twice without any problems. Bought both my Titans new and had no problems with either one except the original tire wear. Only got 15K out of both sets of OE tires. (Goodyear Wrangler SR=JUNK)The only drawback to this truck is the fuel mileage, which ranges from 14-16mpg. This doesn't matter if it is empty or has 12,000lbs behind it (which I HAVE DONE.) The truck will pull a house off of a foundation. If you are wanting a truck for fuel mileage, dont buy this, but if you want a truck for "truck stuff", get one of these!!!"

Great Truck!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Best value in a truck w/ all these options."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is my second Titan and have had zero issues. Runs great, looks great. Can pull a house and is comfortable too. If it weren't for gas prices it would be the perfect vehicle. Room for the family to ride comfortably and carry all the luggage too. 9 cup holders!!"