• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2004 models.

Useful, roomy, with all the features you need

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Versatility, Value, Reliability"

Cons: "Ride quality, payload"

"I have really enjoyed owning this truck for the last 6 years. Everytime I get close to trading, I can't seem to find something that lives up to this truck, with the features it has, for the price I am willing to pay. I originally purchased this truck for $23k about 6yrs ago with 19,000 miles on it. Its been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned needing only gas, brakes, oil"

Just a fantastic truck

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Great utility meets great comfort and convenience"

Cons: "Not made by an American company"

"I'm the second owner. I've had it for a little over five years, and it has been just a pleasure. Great power, and capacity while still delivering good gas mileage. People are always surprised by what a nice ride it offers. Great utility with great convenience and comfort. Completely reliable and very low maintenance. The crew cab is just immense inside, which has also been a huge blessing when our car was in the shop for an extended period. The bed on the crew is a little shorter, but the bed extender fixes that issue. I've never had a problem carrying plywood, sheet rock, firewood, or anything else, for that matter. Just a great truck. I just wish an American company made it!"

GREAT TRUCK FOR THE MONEY

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "POWERFUL AND COMFORTABLE"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE NOT ALL THAT GREAT BUT IT IS A V8"

"I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK USED AND IT HAS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK. ITS NOT THE BEST ON GAS, BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FOR A BEAST LIKE THIS. IT HAS A LOT OF ROOM AND CAN TOW LIKE NO ONES BUSINESS. IT HAS A LOT OF POWER AND A LOT OF GET UP AND GO. I LOVE THIS TRUCK.... WOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT ANYTHING ELSE."

fast

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"plenty of room, and power.."

Love my truck, BUT

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Yes. I love my Titan. It is a 2004 model Crew cab 4x4 with the off road package. I buought it used about four years ago. It had about 40k miles on it when I bought it. It now has about 90k. I don't drive it much because it drinks gas. I use it mainly for hunting. Or if I need to tow something. Power, Oh it's got plenty of power. BUT I've had a couple of what could have been pretty expensive repairs had I not purchased an extended warranty. I broke the spider gear in the rear-end while towing. Not a simple fix, the whole rear-end along with the axles had to be replaced. Seems it is all one piece. The dealer told me that that year had a history of doing that. He assured me that it would not happen again with the new rear-end. And the instrument cluster went out while out of town. Both were covered by the extended warranty. Other than that the front passenger seat is messed up and the cloth seats don't seem to be holding up very well."

awesome all around

By on Thursday, July 08, 2010

"I puchased this vehicle new it has been a pleasure to drive,all around from the beaches of the outer banks to the snowy pocono mountains.100% reliable,nissan stands behind you in warranty obligations,very few minor problems i don't think i could ever part with her lol."

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I bought a 2005 to help haul things around for my rental properties. The military transferred me and the wife convinced since I wasn't around my rental properties I should trade it in. I got a sports car- but after 6 months I had to have a titan back. This time I bought a slightly used 2004 with everything. Been driving it every since and LOVE IT!!!"

What a truck!

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"04 Titan LE 4x4. Great truck. I bought it with 37000 miles. I now have 60000 with no problems what so ever. Mileage is not bad for a big truck. 14 city/17 highway. Nice ride. Would definitley buy another and recommend to anyone. Down side, windows freeze closed in winter when it gets cold and bed is shorter than I am used to."

2004 Titan LE

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Since I purchased the truck it has never broken down on me. I call the dealer periodically for recalls and they always come back with a NO RECALLS answer. This is a perfect truck and reliable. I am happy I chose the Titan - best choice I ever made."

Not a man's truck!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Our Nissan Titan has fallen apart exteriorly. We were hunting, driving down a muddy road and the plastic part of the front fender fell off and 3 of the mud flaps. Right after we bought it the CO2 censor went out. Just randomly it wont start now like something is loose. I dont think all Nissans are this bad but it just seams like the craftmanship is poor. I must admit though that it is the smoothest riding truck that can get up and go when you want it to. It would be great for a drive around town and road trip truck, but it dosent have the ability to go off roading or haul trailers really."