• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2004 models.

this the best truck i ever have

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

"is amazing on i hope they can make it with small engine"

love this car

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"love my truck very reliable comfterble but we have a new adition to our family now have 4 kids and we are in need of a bigger car but over all i lopve mu truck.."

best truck ive ever owned

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"the titan is the best truck ive ever owned it has the best towing capacity ive ever had. it has power! ive had mine for all 115000 miles and havent had a single problem. its one of the most if not the most reliable vehicles ive ever owned. i just recently passed the truck on to my boy who loves this truck and has had no problems either. as for mpg it isnt great i get about 12-15 on an average tank. but if gas was ur biggest concern you wouldnt buy a truck. i will definetly buy another nissan when i need a new car."

solid game changer in trucks

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"I purchased this vehicle new & saved 8-10k over comparable vehicles. Seats are on the stiff side initially & reasonably comfy after a two hundred mile trip, cab is roomy and functional. The step up and into process may weaken the outside bolster on the seat cushion over time but I only weigh 150# & after 6 years it's still in good shape. Electronics work as expected even at base levels; controls are good except for the possibility of turning off headlights accidentally on left utility stick.. you get used to it and it's not that much of a detriment to ergonomics. Stereo is adequate as well, includes aux/mp3 input jack.. when 6 cds are not enough. Even with the no-frills materials which are adequate and serviceable; if you don't abuse the interior it will serve you and remain in good condition considering it's plastic like everybody elses interiors. Road noise is minimal to moderate..the exhaust is louder and drones along for the driver, passengers notice it less.. like it was tuned for the drivers' ego; I can still hear the factory stereo well at 50% so it's a pers. preference factor. Plenty of hand-hold assists for entry & egress if you need them and they will support a 200lb person. Front passenger sometimes complain about locating the seat belt clip, but they find it with minimal fumbling. Exterior is adequate again.. even if the body panels seem a little on the thin side. Paint process on front bumper plastic is good but has tiny spots of peeling, mainly from bug acids. Rear gate is HEAVY (60-80lb) this is fixable with a 20$ assist on 04 and factory assists on later models helped I hear. Factory bed-liner is good and flipper gate is solid & works well when used. Issues: orig brakes were weak under heavy braking & worked well otherwise.. I never experienced the "judder" & Nissan promptly fixed/upgraded them for free. Right hand column shifter was replaced, seatbelt height adjuster was fixed and trailer harness wiring was replaced.. all with beefier products and never were problems prior. Overall a solid vehicle and properly warrantied by Nissan. I was skeptical of the drive by wire system but it works well with maybe a half-second from stomping the gas pedal to hearing the tires try to break loose. Drive traction is solid in 2 or 4x modes. One issue that was not was the odd intermittent chemical type odor from hvac, but it could have been outside smells which I am overly sensitive to; along with my skin sensitivities which were not aggravated by materials used in mfr.. big plus! The truck goes and goes.. even in 8-12inches of deep snow., and overall was a very good buy."

Awesome truck

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Get compliments everywhere I go, runs great looks good, would purchase another one."

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Power poor mileage

By on Thursday, February 03, 2011

"This truck has plenty of power, problem begins when you start using it. When you step on it, this truck goes, when towing a heavy load, make sure your wallet is full before leaving the house. Although it has a hefty tow capacity, doesn't mean this truck was made to tow those kinds of weights. As a standard half ton, remember you may get the tail wagging the dog if you tow too much."

fast

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"plenty of room, and power.."

Solid truck

By on Friday, January 07, 2011

"Bought my 04 in '06 used. Put 50,000 on it with very little problems. Motly routine things such as tires brakes and belt. Door handles can stick under 20 degrees in winter. Tailpipe flange rusted through. Found out that it is typical of titans. Overall good truck. Been on and off road hauled many deer and items in the back. Pulls my 17ft boat really well. Gas mileage not too bad either hw 17 town 14 using 87 octane."

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

Titan P/U

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I bought this vehicle used, and because I needed a truck that could pull a trailer I had. The Titan was top-rated in pulling capacity for a half-ton. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that the Titan has a number of clever and helpful features I would have dismissed as clutter, such as the outside storage compartment. It has solved the problem of storing chain and tie-downs, as well as a tire repair kit. I also scoffed at the DVD system, but the grandkids love it! I like the wireless headsets so I don't have to listen to their DVDs and can still listen to talk radio! Lots of storage nooks that I am still finding. It pulls the gooseneck trailer like a champ, and isn't bad on gas, even with the trailer. I wouldn't have gone looking for it, but am glad we chanced to find it."

Love my truck, BUT

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Yes. I love my Titan. It is a 2004 model Crew cab 4x4 with the off road package. I buought it used about four years ago. It had about 40k miles on it when I bought it. It now has about 90k. I don't drive it much because it drinks gas. I use it mainly for hunting. Or if I need to tow something. Power, Oh it's got plenty of power. BUT I've had a couple of what could have been pretty expensive repairs had I not purchased an extended warranty. I broke the spider gear in the rear-end while towing. Not a simple fix, the whole rear-end along with the axles had to be replaced. Seems it is all one piece. The dealer told me that that year had a history of doing that. He assured me that it would not happen again with the new rear-end. And the instrument cluster went out while out of town. Both were covered by the extended warranty. Other than that the front passenger seat is messed up and the cloth seats don't seem to be holding up very well."

awesome all around

By on Thursday, July 08, 2010

"I puchased this vehicle new it has been a pleasure to drive,all around from the beaches of the outer banks to the snowy pocono mountains.100% reliable,nissan stands behind you in warranty obligations,very few minor problems i don't think i could ever part with her lol."

By on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

great Truck

By on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"It would take me too long to tell everyone about how great the titan is at towing with all its power or the comfort with all the room and accecories or how its a headturner where ever you go. but the few things that i would like to remind people is that even though i think this truck stood above the most in 2004-2005 it is a forien vehicle and the repairs such as brakes or exhaust manifolds and cat converters are pricey all vehicle will have problems all nuts and bolts fail with time but some come at an exspense"

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I bought a 2005 to help haul things around for my rental properties. The military transferred me and the wife convinced since I wasn't around my rental properties I should trade it in. I got a sports car- but after 6 months I had to have a titan back. This time I bought a slightly used 2004 with everything. Been driving it every since and LOVE IT!!!"

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Excellent truck gas guzzler

By on Friday, May 07, 2010

"I love this truck so much but the gas it eats is ridiculous. I spend on average $500 a month on gas alone."

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

I want two ! Hows that ??

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Bought my LE new in 2004. It now has 43,000 miles on it. I replaced the brakes on my own with after market units. What a great truck. I have waxed this deep water blue beauty so much it looks like candy apple now. I changed the rear end lube right away to synthetic 140 wt. with a custom aluminum cover, no problems at all. I'll tell how good it is .....after six years, I want another one in 4 x 4 this time. So, I could have two. It's the only truck I would consider again. It's all about that great engine torque !"

Underrated

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"This truck has not gotten the attention it should have. I bought it new 6 years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never driven a truck that has the performance and handling of the Titan. The folks at my Nissan dealer have also been great to work with."

Dream Truck

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"Everything I always wanted in a vehicle; Styling, Power, Luxury, Sound System, Hauling Capacity, and the attention to detail that makes everything work. Electic petals that adjust to your height, extra 12-volt power outlets even in the bed, cup and bottle holders galore, and it handles in the rain and snow like a champion, the tye downs in the bed make securing any cargo simple and secure, the visability even with the bed filled up is amazing with the large side mirrors with the covex lower mirror ... I could go on and on. Awesome Truck!!!"

2004 Titan LE

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Bought new and still have it. An excellent truck. Drives and sounds like a Corvette. Good on gas and very comfortable. Tows very well. Good looker and very spacious. I would buy another."

By on Sunday, January 03, 2010

Good solid truck

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"bought this truck about 4 months ago ive been pleased so far. comfortable, decent power could use a bit more (working on that). very livable. dead battery one morning but i do live in az so... good truck would recommend"