2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Based on 155 Ratings for the 2004 models.

Not a man's truck!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Our Nissan Titan has fallen apart exteriorly. We were hunting, driving down a muddy road and the plastic part of the front fender fell off and 3 of the mud flaps. Right after we bought it the CO2 censor went out. Just randomly it wont start now like something is loose. I dont think all Nissans are this bad but it just seams like the craftmanship is poor. I must admit though that it is the smoothest riding truck that can get up and go when you want it to. It would be great for a drive around town and road trip truck, but it dosent have the ability to go off roading or haul trailers really."

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"Couple of relatives are Ford and Dodge owners for same year, both agree that my Titan is way better than theirs."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"Had a 2005 Ford Sport Trac. It doesn't even begin to compare to my 05' Titan. Bought it new and had to get the brakes replaced once and the cd player doesn't load but I never use it anyways. I absolutely love it, strong engine, good get up and go power, I would recommend it to anyone. Everyone I've let give it a little test ride get absolutely jealous! I say if you haven't test drove one then you don't know what you are missing out on!!"

I love my truck and the upgrades

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"This truck is BY FAR the best 1/2 ton truck on the market. I drive a 2004 black LE. Tows absolutely awesome. What I have done to it is 5% tint, blacked out 3rd brake light, k&n air filter, banks monster exhaust, HID Halo headlights 10,000 k, altezza tail lights smoked. Ill be honest this truck didnt turn any heads stock but instantly once i got the banks monster exhaust everybody was saying nice truck and/or turning their heads. BUY IT!!!"

Nice

By on Friday, July 04, 2008

"The towing power was actually stronger than a previous 1986 one ton 454 Chev that I owned. 0 to 60 in the 7-8 second range is nice. Dvd though small was very clear. The tow button defintely made a difference."

By on Monday, June 09, 2008

Lemon

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"Have had so many problems with this truck, it is unreal, especially with 4x4 transfer case and front diff."

Best Truck Ever

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I have a 2004 SE Crew Cab. This has been the best truck that I've ever owned. The only issue I have is the time it takes for the air conditioning to cool the rear cab. We hope Nissan adds rear vents. It handles well in the city and on the highway (and has lots of power). We have taken it on several long trips. We especially like the 60/40 split because it allows us to store our stroller and other baby items (in addition to the carseat). My wife is only 5'1" and is very comfortable driving the truck--her favorite feature is the adjustable pedals. Our front seat is a bench seat and we can comfortably fit 3 adults in the front seat, with an additionall 3 adults in the back (plenty of leg room in the back). We have had minor issues with the brake (recall) and the rear middle seat belt (recall), but both were repaired quickly and we have had no other issues since. This truck is not only reliable, but also great looking. Highly recommend."

Great Truck!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"I bought the first model year, an 04 and have been nothing but pleased with this truck. There have a been a minor tweaks along the way but nothing major. I can't understand why Consumer Reports has a problem with it because this has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned."

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

It's the Titan of Trucks

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"Before I bought this truck I test drove all of the 1/2 ton pickups available. The Titan was far and away the best truck available for the cost. I wanted a truck that could tow my boat with no problems. When you compare Torque, Maximum Towing Capacity and Ride and Handling the Titan is a great performer. Throw in that the whole family can go to the lake in this vehicle and be as comfortable in the Huge backseats. The bed Utility package is the best I have ever seen, and has yet to be duplicated with the same quality by any other manufacturer. The initial 2004 had some problems, namely brakes, those have been fixed and now its a top tier truck. The only truck that beats the performance of this truck is the new Toyota Tundra and to get a Tundra that is comparable in size (CrewMax), performance (the 5.7L iForce) and utility options you have to spend over $42,000. My sticker new was $31,000. No contest. It's the Titan of Trucks."

Love and disapointment

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I Love this truck! I would recomend a Titan to any one, but would steer them away from any '04. The power leaves nothing to be desired. Driver comfort is unmatched in any truck I have ever driven. Handleing was good for a truck. The utilitrack system is so incredibly useful I don't know how to put it into words. Now about the disapointment part. 2004 was the ginipig year. This truck had so many problems. There were also a few minor details that were realy annoying. All the major and minor detail were worked out by '07 most were done by '05."

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

King of All trucks?

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"This was my first truck and i truly enjoyed it. But due to the increasing gas prices and will be downgrading to a dodge charger."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I have 65,000mi on the truck, standard recalls taken care of and it has been a great truck from pulling trailers 600 miles to dragracing all those hemi's ...My goal is to get 300,000 mi before I sell it..."

Strong Engine

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Engine is the selling point and great styling. Previous issues with brakes resolved by dealership."

solid overall

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"i have owned my 04 for about 3 years and have put extensive mileage(99,000) and have had few problems but not terribly major in my opinion...compared to the other large trucks i was looking at at the time i felt that the titan had the most options that others charged extra for just in its base price and with specific trim packages...my problems were like the others which started with the brakes but that was recalled and taken care of..the rear center seat belt continued to lock on me until that was also recalled and taken care of..at about 60k miles my driver side hub assembly had to be replaced which was not covered and at 85k my driver side window motor and regulator had to be replaced, both items were devastatingly expensive and not covered by the 100,000 mile warranty...the cabin is somewhat noisy but not that bad compared to other trucks equal in size and power...the transmission does sound like your doing something wrong sometimes when shifting from drive to reverse(loud clunk sound occasionally, not always)... the exhuast sounds quite impressive, all my friends and family love riding either shotgun or in the extremely roomy rear seats..i have towed a few things and was extremely pleased with the trucks ability to handle pretty much whatever i was towing...all in all i have been pretty pleased with the truck."

best pickup Ive ever owned.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "FORD DOESNT DO IT COMPAREING WITH THIS TRUCK . Hm"

"this vehicle continues to amaze me. it has never left me stranded,its durable, I use it like a real truck, hauling, towing in all kinds of weather. still a tight cab, no rattles, shakes, etc. I do all my own standard maintenance. After the break in 3000 miles Ive used only the best synthetic oils,fram oil filters extended use and change the oil every 8000 to 10000 miles. changing more often is just a waste of money.most synthetics were designed to 15000 miles plus. the oil companys are happy to take your money. GREAT TRUCK, IM DRIVING IT TILL IT DIES,OR ME!"

Been a great truck overall

By on Sunday, August 09, 2009

"We bought this truck new 5 years ago and it has been a good pruchase. It had some recalls over the last 5 years, which the local Nissan dealer has taken care of promptly and courteously. The 04 models were the first year of manufacture of the Titan and they did come with undersized and thin front rotors, which led to warping problems. This defect was recalled and the whole front braking system was replaced/upgraded with larger, thicker rotors and revised calipers, which cured the rotor warping problems. We also had the rear axle seals fail, which were also covered under warranty recently. We now have 75,000-80,000 miles on the truck and it's still rattle-free and the seats are comfortable and have held up well. Other that those problems which were covered under warranty it has been pretty problem-free. I would recommend anyone shopping for a full size truck to go test drive a Titan LE."

Mediocre Quality

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"About a year ago I purchased a Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab SE with 50k miles. I'm very pleased with the pulling power, interior room and outside styling of the truck but very disappointed in the quality of materials and workmanship overall. The interior materials are very. very cheap and the interior is poorly assembled. The Pros: -The suspension is firm, it handles well and it pulls trailers and campers well. -It's very responsive to the throttle with a 300 HP 5.6 V-8. -It looks good. -It's very roomy on the inside. The Cons: -The exhaust is annoyingly loud and has a bad "drone" between 2000 and 3500 RPM (which is where it runs 80% of the time). -The interior materials are very cheap. -The interior is very poorly assembled. -There are *many* squeaks, rattles and buzzes in the doors and dash of this vehicle. Interior squeaks are the number one complaint of Titan owners. -The paint is thin and scratches easily. -The factory bed liner is paper thin and will flake easily. -"Slack" in the transmission and drive line (it thunks when you change gear selection). -The door handles on mine freeze if the outside temp gets below 30 F. If you can overlook the above, or are willing to pay a third party to fix the items above it's not a bad truck but with these problems it's a poor investment. I'm very disappointed in the overall quality of this vehicle and will be selling it soon."

Has been reliable and cheap to own.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Owned for 7.5 years. I have only replaced rear brake pads, tires every 45K, 1 battery, and reccomended maintenance. Overall MPG 15.5"

EXCILENT TRUCK

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good ride, Great sound, tight cab(no road noise)"

Cons: "Gas drops to about 11mpg under loads"

"I have hauled many HEAVY loads and this truck has not backed down from any. Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have had many."

love this car

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"love my truck very reliable comfterble but we have a new adition to our family now have 4 kids and we are in need of a bigger car but over all i lopve mu truck.."

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"This Vehicle is a nightmare. Unless things have changed since 2004. DO NOT BUY THIS!! You will have one problem after another!!! Ours is constantly needing to be fixed."

Will I ever get to drive this thing

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"This truck is always in the shop thank god I bought the service contract nissan has been nothing but a pain to deal with never buy a titan save yourself the headache. Worse truck I've ever bought. If I had to pay for everything that was covered under my service contract it would be well over 20k at is point adding more up every other week when it goes in the shop."