2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,497 - $15,938.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.4/10

not what i expected

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "good to drive"

Cons: "biggest is gas mileage and add-on bluetooth"

"I bought this car to replace my 2014 kia soul because of the gas mileage I was getting in it only to find out that the Sentra gets no better than my Soul. I also told them when I bought it that I wanted the Bluetooth, but they put in the add on one and its a waste of money! After a month still waiting on my money for it. I've got the '14 Sentra SR and I can guarantee after owning a '97 Sentra and a '01 Sentra and now the '14 once I get this one out of my yard I will never but another Nissan. This car has completely turned me against Nissan automobiles. I'll hopefully be shopping here soon at the Honda or Toyota lot. Don't waste your money on the new Sentra. They're not worth a dime."

Great Car! Doesnt hold value.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun car. looks good, great size for its class!"

Cons: "Value falls to fast, CVT transmission, kills perf."

"Paid 19000 for the sporty version. However, this car will not hold its value. It goes from 20000 to 13000 in one year. If you buy this car, make sure you want to keep it for the long haul, because trade value is terrible it WILL fall like a ROCK over a cliff!"

The car has awful driving dynamics...

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, looks"

Cons: "steering, suspension, interior, fun to drive,"

"For one, the steering wheel on this car is completely numb. If you want to know what it feels like to hold a wooden plank instead of a steering wheel..drive the 2013 Sentra. It only gets worse from here. One of my biggest complaint with the car is the lack of self righting force in the steering wheel. And by lack....i mean complete inability for steering wheel to self center. You know, the feeling of "straight ahead" in your steering wheel while driving. This car has none. On top of that...the steering is completely over boosted at any speed. More particularly at lower. Even the slightest of touches to the steering wheel, can send the car all over the lane. For example how over boosted this car is: I once steered my Sentra going 55 mph through a moderately sharp S-curves....with 1 finger! Electric power assist :( (btw,the professional reviewer who said that 2013 Sentra has a nicely weighted steering. Needs to lose his car reviewing privileges ASAP). If you combine my before mentioned complaints together...this car become a chore to drive. Chore is one of the word i can describe this car. While driving Senta feels disconnected from the road , nervous and hard to control. On the scale of 1-10 fun to drive category, I'd give this car an 1. Maybe 2, on a good day. Moreover occasional bump steer can send the car in other lane particularly under braking ( Nice work there, Nissan engineers, I bet you guys must be proud of this car suspension geometry). Suspension is a also garbage, too. Although its nicely dampened, there's little rebound control. It feels like you've got Pogo sticks under the wheels. The interior comfort has a lot to be desired, also. There is no center console....your elbow rest on either in the cup-holders or on the safety belt buckle.Cramped cockpit doesn't help to rectify this situation. Oh...its very cramped. The seat themselves are uncomfortable,also. They offer no lumbar support and are just plain uncomfortable. Bat stool comes to mind. In the end all i have to say is that i hate this car and i cannot wait to get rid of it. If you want your car to be sporty or even decent to drive. Stay away from this Nissan contraption. You've been warned."

Overall a good small car. Excellent gas mileage.

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Pretty car, and good gas mileage"

Cons: "No accelleration out of gate. Bumpy ride."

"2014 Nissan Sentra review: I drove a Sentra for 2 weeks in Nashville doing service calls for Dell Computer Corporation. The car is ascetically appealing because they rounded off the edges finally and it looks like a small Altima. Seats: Not comfortable enough for my 5'6'' frame at 180lbs muscular. I am not fat or slim but I work out and these seats just could not be made to accommodate my back and most of the time I had to sit low in the seat. You feel everything on the road until you get to 70 mph. And at 80, it feels like the back tires are slipping out from under you, so don't go that fast in this car. I was coming down a steep incline and almost could not stop on the low end good year tires. Scared me to death, I was behind a 780 BMW. Handling is very tight, not rigid, but the steering can't come down low enough, I used to my Kia Amanti Steering wheel coming down to my lap. They could make it a little more flexible coming down, so you get that sports car feel, instead of Granny feel of having a high steering wheel. Gas mileage is awesome, 34 mpg with only 10 gallon tank. I drove 250 miles a day, so I was at the station every other day. Visibility is above average for small car, but blind spots are very obvious and close to car. you better be ready when you decide to change lanes, somebody is going to be right on you. Primarily because you can't get the seat, the Steering wheel and the mirrors to work in unison. Im 53 and wouldn't buy it, but I think kids would love it because you can get out there and have a nice drive. I didn't have a roof, but I would have one on mine. Acceleration from 0-50 will not get you out of the way with an automatic! There is no power on the pedal until you get up to 60 and then the car wants to really fly. I surprised a lot people , one guy in a corvette actually gave up trying to zip with me through traffic, I was crossing three lanes diagonally with no problem, I felt like Andretti!. I can drive like Andretti as long as I have the rubber and the brakes. Brakes were a 7 at best. They don't lock up tight, could use some bigger disc of course just for the downhill stuff. Good pedal on the brakes, never scared me and they always did what I anticipate. This car had 8900 miles on it but I was thinking 5 years down the road, that this car is going to be a very used car, with no power, bad brakes, and wobbly seats. Audio system has very good low end, but highs just aren't there, so I figured they built these for college students who listen to RAP music all day and night. I like Jazz, Gospel and Adult."

A beutiful car with all the available options!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car with all the amenities"

Cons: "Acceleration is lacking"

"The 2013 Nissan Sentra SL is a brand new design from the bottom up and it looks like a mini-Altima. The SL that I have has all the options including the Premium Package. The car has leather seating and an 8-speaker BOSE system that sounds awesome. I have recorded all my music in a flash drive and I play it in the car with the USB port provided. The moon roof is very nice specially in the sunny days when the temperature is in the 60-70 degrees F. The only item missing is a stainless steel muffler tip; I installed one at a muffler shop and it looks great! Overall I am very pleased with my Sentra and I plan to keep it for many years to come since I only have 3,500 miles."