2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,518 - $15,955.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 250 miles.

10/7.5

7.6

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "lots of space"

"6 Months ago, I traded my 2011 Nissan Sentra S for a 2013 Sentra SV. It came with the drivers package and the navigation page. I then talked my dealer into adding aftermarket leather (for 500 USD) and tinting (150 USD) This was the better option for me rather than spend the extra grand and get an SL model. (I have a spoiler and the SR rims on order) That is what I've added to the car. Now to the good stuff, the car handles very well. I have taken this car from Miami all the way to Chicago. The front seat did get a little uncomfortable, but the gas mileage was clocking in at 55.5 mpg! I get 38.5 in the city. I take this car to my university everyday (30 miles there and back) and I can go a solid week on a full tank of gas. How I get those numbers is by emptying out the car. I have taken everything out, I do not leave things in the trunk or the back seat. I even removed the spare tire. (I put run flats on my car)I tested the plus and premium gas for 2 weeks. Then after I went back to regular gas, my mpg went up. The CVT, is not noisy if you do not floor it. Even when you merge on the highway. If you slowly step on the gas and have the radio on, you will not hear it. People tend to forget that it is not a sports car. It does have one of the lowest (if not the lowest) horsepower in the segment. But it does get great gas millage. You can't have both, if you want a performance car that will go fast, then you tend to lose the great gas millage. People want both and as of right now, you can't get both. As far as looks, the Sentra wins the compact segment hands down. (my opinion) The LED lights in the front make it look like a premium car without breaking the bank. The interior has a lot of upgraded features that will make you feel like you are in a different car. I find that the materials in the car are not as hard as other cars have. (hard plastic) Overall, this is commuter car. That is it. It wants to get you from point A to point B; and that is exactly what it does. I have had no problems with the car since I bought it. If there are any problems or concerns I have, I take it to my dealership and they fix it. They loaded me up with warranty's on the car so I am covered if anything should happen. Here is my recommendation, do the research. There may be bad reviews of this car and that may make you change your mind about it. But don't let it. Go out and test drive this car, even the other cars in the compact segment. There are so many to choose from. Get a feel for the car, people will have negative reviews about every car on the market. Because every once in awhile a "lemon" car slips through and it is an awful car that you can't stand. So you end up hating it until you can get rid of it. Do not expect this car to go fast, it will disappoint you. Do not be fooled in to buying the upper trim models because they come with something the you want. (you can always get aftermarket like I did and it has saved me money) If you want the upper trims than get it. It is a great little car and I am very pleased with my decision. You can't beat the great mpg, especially since it's not a hybrid car. It is worth every penny to me."

great car only one isue

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

"not very powerfull, other than that great car 33.3 city and 42 hwy mpg. plenty of room room for me im 6 ft 3in."

I love this Car

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, roomie, light and drives like its on air"

"This is a great car! I had a 2011 and a 2012 Nissan Sentra and I had no idea that the 2013 was redesigned when I traded my 2011 in for the 2012. I was kicking myself for not doing my research I would have waited and I would have had the 2013. I finally got my 2013 its a basic model but that's all I need and the price was great! It drives like its on air and is so much more roomier than the 2012."

Why Not?

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Appearence"

Cons: "Lack of interior storage space, seat height"

"Just leased the redesigned 2013 Sentra SR. I traded a 2012 Nissan Altima special edition which was truly was a very decent car.; i.e., good gas mileage, very comfortable, attractive and extremely reliable. Why? Great Nissan incentives, boredom and an intrigue relative to superior gas mileage. My new Sentra is averaging 37 mpg just after 200 driven miles. OK, comfort and interior storage isn't comparable, ride is actually the same, maybe a little bit less road noise, handling is more then reasonable, although not conducive to sporting enthusiasts. In summary, if you're looking for a vehicle that demonstrates outstanding gas mileage, more than decent appointments, great appearance coupled with a price point that's extremely competitive, why not take a look?"

Decent car but it doesn't pack a punch

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy back seat"

Cons: "inadequate engine"

"I've had this car for 5 months and put 5k on it so far. I purchased the SR model(all the models come with different packages which can be very confusing). You should be able to get standard options like Honda offers. Like back up camera blue tooth etc. Anyway,the car itself is roomy especially the back passenger seat. However, The front seats have limited lumbar support which can be uncomfortable on long trips.I feel that the 130 hp is not enough to propel this 3300 lb machine. The acceleration is no where near a Mazda 3,Cruse or Civic( which I did test drive.It's a very good commuter car good on gas and easy to park. I think Nissan rush to get this out if they would have thought things through I believe this car would have hit the mark."