2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,519 - $15,946.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.4/10

Love this Vehicle

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "options options and more options"

"We looked at almost all the mid sized sedan test drove everything before making are final decsion to purchase the Sentra we loved the options the Sentra had the back up camera sattelite radio navigation blue tooth options it had all the bells and whistles that lets say a mercedes benz had for a fraction of the cost and of course alot better gas mileage all in all my wife loves this car and with a brand new baby on the way the reliability this car gives us makes me fell alot better with my wife driving this lovely car."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "great price, mpg, style, and features. roomy"

Cons: "can be noisy on inclines, certainly not sporty"

"I chose the SL trim fully loaded and I gotta say, this car is fantastic for my needs. Averaging 36 MPG and rising every day I drive. Love the look of both the exterior and interior. I've seen a lot of reviews saying this car is grossly under powered, but I really don't think those assessments are fair. It certainly isn't a sports car, but for a normal commute, it has perfectly reasonable pick up and go. It can be a little noisy on steep inclines, but with the radio on, you don't even notice it. Plus, it sips the fuel!!! With all the features, space, and fuel economy this car offers, it's a real bargain for those who want the upscale look without the upscale price."

Good value for the money, and looks upscale!

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Price and value and new design look"

Cons: "Initial engine pick up, or lack of it."

"I was in the market after driving a 95 Honda Civic for years. I checked a few models, Prius, Honda Fit and Chevy Cruze, ect and was floored by the Sentra SR. The features and styling makes it look indeed like a "mini-altima", for thousands less. Now, I was not use to the CVT tansmission, nor the 130 hp 1.8 liter engine. If there is a drawback to the car... it is the initial lackluster performance. You will not win any races trying to reach 30-40 speed. After it reaches past that and gains momentum on the highway it is a pleasure to drive. I like the electronic power steering, makes a big difference to me. That being said, the flip side is great gas mileage, combined 33 mpg so far. Now, this car is big....really! The back seat and trunk surprising roommie. I believe the US classes it as a Mid-Size, or it should. Interior materials are well laid out, though looks of no frills, but the quality is there. I find the seat very comfortable and have no issues like some others. I bought the SR model with bluetooth, spoiler, and sport alloy wheels...sharp! Without question, this is a commuter car. I hope it is as trouble free as my 95 Honda Civic was."

Serving a growing demographic

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Interior layout, tech, Style & comfort, ECO button"

Cons: "Wind noise from side mirrors, Loose steering"

SL trim, black on black

"Just purchased a 2013 Sentra SL for my wife. We have owned the last two generations of Sentra's and this is buy far the most well thought out car yet. Comfort, style, features, and efficiency all put this car ahead of most competitors today. I think Nissan played this redesign very, very well. Can it really get up to 40mpg hwy consistently? It really does depend on your driving habits so mpg numbers from companies sometimes is over-hyped. With that said, fuel economy, ride comfort, interior room, and exterior styling are this Nissan's trump card. Ive read reviews that have talked about the lack of horsepower. Dually noted, it will not win you many races. But what I think you are seeing is a departure from car companies catering to the "Fast and Furious" generation. This car reaches a growing demographic of budget conscious buyers that want style, proven reliability, good tech features, and low fuel expenses. As for the car itself, it has enough power to get you up to 80mph without flooring it. The CVT transmission does feel different than the last generation (which I miss actually), but this car comes with the Eco/Sport buttons which all make the CVT behave differently. I've found the ECO mode to behave most like the old tranny. It is a bit too jumpy in Sport mode, even if you are trying to beat someone off the line when the light turns green. I've also heard people talk about the "moaning" of the CVT at low rpms. Maybe somewhat, but nothing to take your eyes off the road or think something is wrong with the car. The CVT transmission is very unique in that it reacts to various inputs and situations (throttle, road conditions, temperature). Once you learn how to work the CVT in different situations, you will learn to appreciate it's versatility and wide range of ratios. Interior is very well laid out and has some great soft touches. Our SL even has the (faux) woodgrain which is a nice touch. The steering is nice but is a bit light. Car wasn't designed to be whipped around on the back roads but it does handle corners fairly well. Oversteer is very noticeable. If you want something to whip around on back roads and take out to speed around on weekends, look elsewhere...this car is not for you (until the SE-R comes out) This car is a tremendous value. There may be other cars out there with better driving dynamics, but this new Sentra is a smart buy for anyone looking to get around comfortably and in style. More than enough car for my wife. If you're gonna buy one, get the SV or SL, may only cost you an extra $10/month...it will be worth the features. Best wishes."

SL trim, black on black

Not satisified with car.

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

"We bought a 2013 Nissan Sentra. Automatic transmission. It is only two weeks old. It is leaking transmission oil. We have the leather seats, and other great stuff. The head rest on the front seats is uncomfortable. I am the main driver of the car. My back was hurt for two weeks because of the headrest on the front seats. Also the recall on the front passenger seat airbags does not cover the time when my car was made. My daughter weighs about 160 pounds. I have found that the airbags turn off from time to time when she is in the seat. She has to move around to get the airbags to turn back on. It hugs the road really well. Not much pick up on entrance ramps on freeways and highways."