2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,602 - $16,093.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Awesome car! Great gas mileage and comfortable

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

"I bought this car brand new. I have the SV and I have since bought a few additional features that are simply for fun like interior lighting and appliqués and such. First of all, it looks awesome! Very nice lines, LED head and tail lights. Interior is very nice. Smooth controls, comfortable steering wheel. The seats are really comfy front and back (yes I've ridden in both) and sits nicely on the road. The first thing that impressed me with this car was the amount of room inside! Leg room both front and back is extreme for a car in this class. The trunk is huge, I once fit three people in it for a surprise (2 adults and 1 teenager). The gas is great, I get about 35 in the city and on the highway for longer trips I once got 49.9 to the gallon with the eco button on and yes it was longer than a single minute. I keep my car completely up to date with all services and use my local nissan dealership. The car was reasonably priced for me and has yet to let me down. Not so great in the snow, but I also still have factory tires on and I'm talking over a foot of snow. Just general winter slush is fine. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a car slightly larger than a civic, less expensive and offered with different features. Very quiet ride, spacious, gas and family friendly."

Not Happy-Disappointed

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy rear seating, better gas mileage"

Cons: "lacks power, uncomfortable & noisy"

"This is my FOURTH Nissan Sentra and my LEAST favorite out of all. I actually liked the boxier shape of the 2010 model, but the style is something I have no control of. I stayed with Nissan because the transition was easier with having an existing lease already and it was always a comfortable and reliable little car which got me where I needed to go, as well as being affordable. Although the gas mileage does seem better (always a plus) and the back/rear is extremely comfortable and roomier, the drivers seat is not comfortable at all. It feels like something isn't right and I find myself adjusting everything each time I get in the car. It feels like the space between the wheel and the top of your legs is limited and no matter how many ways I adjust the seat and wheel, my legs do not feel comfortable. Also, my arms are not relaxed or comfortable either - it feels like I am stretching them it's not because I am too far back. I am very disatisied and unhappy with the way this car drives. It feels like something is wrong with the car - like it doesn't want to move - like it's stuck in the wrong gear - or almost like the emergency break is on - it jerks - its NOISY which is distracting - it is not easy or pleasant to drive - it feels like you have to work to drive it if that makes sense - not smooth at all. This happens when pulling out, stopping at a light or stop sign, turning and even braking. I am told by the dealer (salesman, sales manager, service manager, and supposedly an outside engineer that looked at the vehicle) that this is "just the way the car is manufactured" and that nothing is wrong with it - that it is the result of the new CVT transmission."

I GET 35+ MPG AVERAGE & 45+ MPG ON HIWAY

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Giant rear seat, amazing mpg, drives like midsize"

Cons: "badly designed wipe spray nozzle"

"With the exception of a faulty wiper spray nozzle, this is an amazing, extremely roomy and very well made car. I didn't buy it for it's speed, but it's got great power thanks to Nissan's excellent CVT transmission. This summer I have averaged 37 MPG, and on a recent trip saw 46.5 MPG. Over the frigid winter last year, it averaged just over 30 MPG and I do 50/50 city and hiway driving. The back seats have more room than my sisters X5, my Mom's Murano and my other sisters new Fusion. The trunk is massive too. I just feel great in my Sentra SV and I do test drive every other competitive model in it's class, this is the one that hit all the high points solidly. There is no car which deserves a perfect 10, none."

Okay for a first car, not much more tho

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Cheap, decent body style--biggest pro!"

Cons: "Cheap and too simple for the cost"

"Good starter car, if you have options than I recommend to exhaust other options/prices/deals. I thought I was getting a good deal. For the price I took the car but the dealership where I purchased the car brand new, I feel got one over on me. Selling price was to be 15k, after first bill noticed it was over 18k. I've paid 8,199.38 so far and still owe 4,000 over the wholesale value. Also when I had them conduct a transmission flush, they forgot the fluids so it burnt out my tranny. Great! These reasons may be why I rate the car so low but I would never purchase another sentra! I purchased a passat just a few months later as a mother's day gift and for the little extra I recommend the VW BY FAR and that is strictly my review of the car! Choose different. Thank you"

Not happy

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "bluetooth"

Cons: "everything else"

"I had a 2010 Sentra and loved it. I travel a lot so I decided to upgrade to the 2014. I was wrong. There is not storage space in the cabin and the trunk as a bar that limits the space in the trunk. Which i need. The CVT is very strange and I have to be careful when I am starting off because sometimes it will not want to go. Even in the Sport mode, if you gun it, it takes a second to go. DO NOT PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ANYONE. YOU WILL GET HIT. This car has not horse power but then it is good on MPG. The only thing I like about the car is the MPG. The navigation and sound system will sometime cut off for a minute or two. The navigation system cannot find a lot of the address in put in. All the other GPS systems can find them. These are established address.The controls on the steering wheel will not work when it is cold. It is a lot bigger than the 2010."

Overall a good small car. Excellent gas mileage.

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Pretty car, and good gas mileage"

Cons: "No accelleration out of gate. Bumpy ride."

"2014 Nissan Sentra review: I drove a Sentra for 2 weeks in Nashville doing service calls for Dell Computer Corporation. The car is ascetically appealing because they rounded off the edges finally and it looks like a small Altima. Seats: Not comfortable enough for my 5'6'' frame at 180lbs muscular. I am not fat or slim but I work out and these seats just could not be made to accommodate my back and most of the time I had to sit low in the seat. You feel everything on the road until you get to 70 mph. And at 80, it feels like the back tires are slipping out from under you, so don't go that fast in this car. I was coming down a steep incline and almost could not stop on the low end good year tires. Scared me to death, I was behind a 780 BMW. Handling is very tight, not rigid, but the steering can't come down low enough, I used to my Kia Amanti Steering wheel coming down to my lap. They could make it a little more flexible coming down, so you get that sports car feel, instead of Granny feel of having a high steering wheel. Gas mileage is awesome, 34 mpg with only 10 gallon tank. I drove 250 miles a day, so I was at the station every other day. Visibility is above average for small car, but blind spots are very obvious and close to car. you better be ready when you decide to change lanes, somebody is going to be right on you. Primarily because you can't get the seat, the Steering wheel and the mirrors to work in unison. Im 53 and wouldn't buy it, but I think kids would love it because you can get out there and have a nice drive. I didn't have a roof, but I would have one on mine. Acceleration from 0-50 will not get you out of the way with an automatic! There is no power on the pedal until you get up to 60 and then the car wants to really fly. I surprised a lot people , one guy in a corvette actually gave up trying to zip with me through traffic, I was crossing three lanes diagonally with no problem, I felt like Andretti!. I can drive like Andretti as long as I have the rubber and the brakes. Brakes were a 7 at best. They don't lock up tight, could use some bigger disc of course just for the downhill stuff. Good pedal on the brakes, never scared me and they always did what I anticipate. This car had 8900 miles on it but I was thinking 5 years down the road, that this car is going to be a very used car, with no power, bad brakes, and wobbly seats. Audio system has very good low end, but highs just aren't there, so I figured they built these for college students who listen to RAP music all day and night. I like Jazz, Gospel and Adult."

Rental car experience only

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage; adequate handling"

Cons: "inferior materials used for interior & exterior"

"I rented this car for a day trip. My favorite thing about it by far was the gas mileage (39 MPG). The adjustable height seats were nice. Not too many blind spots, which made it easier to drive than some of the others I've rented. Some minor irritations include: the transmission was hard to get used to (it was slow on taking off from red lights and stop signs). The arm rest was useless as it was too far back. I never could figure out how to completely turn off the climate control system. I thought the interior was cheaply made, and I also heard a lot of rattles from the exterior while driving. In spite of the "irritations" I've mentioned, overall I thought the car was probably the best one I've rented this year, and if I had the money to purchase, I would seriously consider it."

Top Value In This Class

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Pros: "Looks, ride, quality, price"

Cons: "Very little. Maybe the armrest."

"I am retired from the auto business. Sold Toyota and Nissan. Purchased my Nissan Sentra SR in 2013 shortly after they were introduced. The car is leased. I may lease another. Zero problems. Fit and finish are excellent. As good or better than Corolla. Mine is loaded and everything has always worked perfectly. Gas mileage is 32 - 42. Performance is adequate for the class. About the same as my Corolla. Maybe the quietest engine of any car I have ever owned until accelerating hard. Then noisy just like my Corolla. CVT transmission is different and takes a little getting used to. Great looks, great ride, great interior. Buy it!"

Best for the $$$$

By on Thursday, July 09, 2015

Pros: "GREAT PRICE. GAS SAVING AND reliable commute!"

Cons: "HIGH INSURANCE QUOTE"

"I got a brand new SENTRA SR( 17 alloy wheel- LED headlight- Rear Spoiler- Windows tint) at a PRICE that is equal to a Corolla Base model ($16000 OTD) 3000 miles so far without problem, NOISY CVT save some gas. Driving dynamic is no way compare to my VW Passat Sedan but FINE in its class. NIssan 1.8 L engine is proved for its reliability."

I LOVE my Sentra SL!!!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Very nice features."

Cons: "A little pricier than they used to be."

"I am on my second brand new Sentra. I had my last one for 9 years and loved it. Had people asking me if I wanted to sell it all the time. Just wanted a new one so I went back to the same dealership and purchased my 2013. I really do love these cars!"