2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,614 - $16,061.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 50 miles.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Great car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Black interior shows everything!"

"I just purchased my 2013 nissan sentra sv, upgraded from a 2008 dodge avenger (I do not recommend those cars to ANYONE!). The get-up and go isn't as prominent as in other vehicles, but it's suitable for my needs. I've found myself obsessed with keeping this car clean and presentable. Gas mileage is fantastic. I usually drive around town and am still getting 32 mpg. Eco on the highway is awesome."

Not what it promised

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Lower than expected gas mileage, horsepower"

"I was so excited to get the new Sentra after trading in a 2002 model. Mostly, I bought this car for the Nissan name and the gas mileage. So far the car is comfortable and classy, but the gas mileage is no where near what is advertised. The tank is small, so you're getting fewer miles in between fill-ups. I do a combination of city/highway driving, probably a little more city, but I always use the eco drive mode. My four tank fill ups so far have averaged 28, 30, 31, and 25 MPG. That's no where near the 34 combined that's advertised in regular drive mode, and it's actually about what I was getting in my 11 year old car. The car drives like a dream over 30 miles an hour, but it is shuddery under that point as it shifts and it takes a lot of gas pressure just to get it moving, forget if it's up a hill. The vehicle I test drove didn't seem to have those issues, but when I brought mine back to the dealership to have it checked, they said that's just the way the car is made."

Test Drive

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Very smooth transmission, Great radio, body style"

Cons: "Dated gauges"

"I have been doing some test drives for cars under 20. In the beginning Nissan really didnt have anything to peaked my interest. I just happened to be driving past a dealership and since ive known them to be reliable and have liked nissans in the past i thought i would at least take a look at what was available. I was pleasently suprised with the way the car felt when shifting. The svt transmission was almost undetectable while shifting. The steering could have been a little more crisp but it wasnt jumpy liek some new cars and was responsive.It handled bumbs rather nicely. It was enough to feel the road but not so much that it would rattle your bones. The gagues are a little dated and seemed like an after thought compaired to the Hoda Civic. The radio was far better then most in its class. All in all it was a really nice drive. I just dont feel it was the best drive. It did however land very easily in the number 2 spot of the 5 cars that i drove. Honda Civic Nissan Sentra Ford Fusion Ford Focus Subaru Impresa"

Terrible Front Seats

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Front Drivers Seat/ Armrest"

"I purchased this car one week ago on March 25, 2013. I traded down from a 2011 Nissan Altima Special Edition. I dont expect it to completely compare to an Altima as I realize that they are very much different cars. So, far, I love my Sentra...the gas mileage is unbelievable...but the front drivers seat is one of the most uncomfortable that I have ever experienced. It was not appreant in the short test drive...especially when your comapring all the different features. I became noticefull the first day after driving it for about an hour. Now, my low back feels pressure and numb each time that I dive it more than 30 minutes. In addition, the armrest/Console is too low and back to far. It feels as though it nonexistent."

Its value is higher than its cost...!

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy."

Cons: "interior a little noizy."

"This new 2013 Nissan Sentra may call itself a compact sedan, but don't believe it. It has grown to the point where the term compact barely applies anymore."