2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,698 - $16,157.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 250 miles.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Test Drive

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Very smooth transmission, Great radio, body style"

Cons: "Dated gauges"

"I have been doing some test drives for cars under 20. In the beginning Nissan really didnt have anything to peaked my interest. I just happened to be driving past a dealership and since ive known them to be reliable and have liked nissans in the past i thought i would at least take a look at what was available. I was pleasently suprised with the way the car felt when shifting. The svt transmission was almost undetectable while shifting. The steering could have been a little more crisp but it wasnt jumpy liek some new cars and was responsive.It handled bumbs rather nicely. It was enough to feel the road but not so much that it would rattle your bones. The gagues are a little dated and seemed like an after thought compaired to the Hoda Civic. The radio was far better then most in its class. All in all it was a really nice drive. I just dont feel it was the best drive. It did however land very easily in the number 2 spot of the 5 cars that i drove. Honda Civic Nissan Sentra Ford Fusion Ford Focus Subaru Impresa"

Would Not Recommend

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Interior Styling"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"I have had this car for 5 months and got it brand new. I have been back to the shop a dozen times and I will have to keep going back. Very heavy vibration upon light acceleration. There were 4 times that the vibration was so bad that it felt like the car was going to come apart. They claim its normal operations because they cannot reproduce the issue. The front windshield and back window both make cracking sounds and rattle they are going to fall out of the car. The transmission slips and I am told that is normal. There are a ton of rattles popping up all over this car. The navigation turns off and on by itself, the buttons on the side of the navigation flicker like there is a short and the navigation screen flickers like there is a short. It had been a total nightmare owning this car and I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "fun exterior, friendly technology, roomy"

Cons: "underpowered engine, arm rest unusable"

"I purchased the SR version and have been driving it for just over 3 months now. There are quite a few things to like about this car. The exterior is youthful and aggressive compared to the last generation. The technology included in this trim is a good value and very user-friendly and intuitive. This includes a 5" nav screen with back up camera, xm radio, bluetooth capabilities, voice command, red backlit steering wheel controls and the USB slot/charger slot in the middle console just to name a few. The trunk is huge for a car this size and the interior is surprisingly roomy. Unfortunately, this car is all looks and no substance. The biggest con for this car is the grossly underpowered engine. I expected reduced power for increased gas mileage but it feels like they sacrificed too much for so little return. Having driven other Nissans I am very familiar with CVT transmissions but this one is jerky and feels strained under normal acceleration. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to hit the gas the underwhelming engine sounds like a glorified golf cart and doesn't accelerate much faster than one either. I guess you could overlook the lack of power since the gas mileage is supposed to be great but this leads me to major problem #2. I do the vast majority of my driving going 55mph or less. I am only getting 26-27mpg! And this isn't city traffic full of red lights and stops. This is decent back roads and some stop signs. I have made one long 400 mile roundtrip and was able to get 40mpg going 60-65mph on the highway with little traffic and that was great. But as another previous poster stated, the gas mileage diminishes significantly when 70mph and over or when using the cruise control at these speeds (even with eco boost). My family has had at least one Nissan in our driveway for the last 12 years and we have always been very satisfied with their quality and value. I still think this car is a respectable choice for long haul daily commuters and older folks who aren't quite ready to drive sedans. But I think the majority of drivers will be disappointed with the lack of power from what on the outside looks like a sports car. It just plain isn't fun to drive and as soon as it makes financial sense I plan on upgrading to an Altima or Maxima."

Love this Vehicle

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "options options and more options"

"We looked at almost all the mid sized sedan test drove everything before making are final decsion to purchase the Sentra we loved the options the Sentra had the back up camera sattelite radio navigation blue tooth options it had all the bells and whistles that lets say a mercedes benz had for a fraction of the cost and of course alot better gas mileage all in all my wife loves this car and with a brand new baby on the way the reliability this car gives us makes me fell alot better with my wife driving this lovely car."

Awesome car! Great gas mileage and comfortable

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

"I bought this car brand new. I have the SV and I have since bought a few additional features that are simply for fun like interior lighting and appliqués and such. First of all, it looks awesome! Very nice lines, LED head and tail lights. Interior is very nice. Smooth controls, comfortable steering wheel. The seats are really comfy front and back (yes I've ridden in both) and sits nicely on the road. The first thing that impressed me with this car was the amount of room inside! Leg room both front and back is extreme for a car in this class. The trunk is huge, I once fit three people in it for a surprise (2 adults and 1 teenager). The gas is great, I get about 35 in the city and on the highway for longer trips I once got 49.9 to the gallon with the eco button on and yes it was longer than a single minute. I keep my car completely up to date with all services and use my local nissan dealership. The car was reasonably priced for me and has yet to let me down. Not so great in the snow, but I also still have factory tires on and I'm talking over a foot of snow. Just general winter slush is fine. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a car slightly larger than a civic, less expensive and offered with different features. Very quiet ride, spacious, gas and family friendly."

Just bought this 1 week ago

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Luxurious for the price and good mileage"

Cons: "CVT weird if you arent use to it"

"I traded my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe for the 2013 Nissan Sentra SV. Got a great deal too. Love it so far. Hard to get use to the CVT transmission though. Seems to always sound like its reving high. Hope it lasts 10 years like my Hyundai"

Bad Transmission

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Breaks down and nobody is able to provide service"

"Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday."

I love this Car

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, roomie, light and drives like its on air"

"This is a great car! I had a 2011 and a 2012 Nissan Sentra and I had no idea that the 2013 was redesigned when I traded my 2011 in for the 2012. I was kicking myself for not doing my research I would have waited and I would have had the 2013. I finally got my 2013 its a basic model but that's all I need and the price was great! It drives like its on air and is so much more roomier than the 2012."

Decent car but it doesn't pack a punch

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy back seat"

Cons: "inadequate engine"

"I've had this car for 5 months and put 5k on it so far. I purchased the SR model(all the models come with different packages which can be very confusing). You should be able to get standard options like Honda offers. Like back up camera blue tooth etc. Anyway,the car itself is roomy especially the back passenger seat. However, The front seats have limited lumbar support which can be uncomfortable on long trips.I feel that the 130 hp is not enough to propel this 3300 lb machine. The acceleration is no where near a Mazda 3,Cruse or Civic( which I did test drive.It's a very good commuter car good on gas and easy to park. I think Nissan rush to get this out if they would have thought things through I believe this car would have hit the mark."

Excellent Value, Semi-decent Performance

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior, tech, space, mpg"

Cons: "interior material quality, acceleration, engine"

"Driving profile: 10mi each way, 8 on freeway/2 traffic My wife loved this car when I showed it to her and got a loaded SV model. With the amount we paid and the features (bluetooth, keyless start, nav and rear-cam) we got, I was more than happy. The biggest complaint people had was the handling and steering feel, which I didn't mind (I hardly knew what it felt like, compared to my Mitsubishi Galant). Most importantly, the wife was happy. She drove for the longest time and we were consistently getting 34-35mpg in mixed conditions driving. Then we moved and I started driving the car. In Dallas, the mpg now is 29-32. We stick to Shell/Exxon most of the time. The car is roomy and with folding rear seats that's even more roomier! One caveat, the opening behind the seat is somewhat narrow contrary to the humongous boot space and folded seat space available so acts as a constriction. The 55" Tv box couldn't fit just because of that arc behind seats (no that it was a brilliant idea in the first place to use the car for moving the TV). The ride is comfortable and engine noise is pretty much minimal when cruising. It can, however, moan and whine when accelerating and you'll feel the pain of the car. Accelerating onto ramps, from stops can be a bit boring and ... yawn. Interior If you're looking for a decent car with good gas mileage and roomy interiors and don't feel the need to have a race car, I'd be a 9/10. But otherwise, it's 7.5."