2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,577 - $16,094.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Okay for a first car, not much more tho

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Cheap, decent body style--biggest pro!"

Cons: "Cheap and too simple for the cost"

"Good starter car, if you have options than I recommend to exhaust other options/prices/deals. I thought I was getting a good deal. For the price I took the car but the dealership where I purchased the car brand new, I feel got one over on me. Selling price was to be 15k, after first bill noticed it was over 18k. I've paid 8,199.38 so far and still owe 4,000 over the wholesale value. Also when I had them conduct a transmission flush, they forgot the fluids so it burnt out my tranny. Great! These reasons may be why I rate the car so low but I would never purchase another sentra! I purchased a passat just a few months later as a mother's day gift and for the little extra I recommend the VW BY FAR and that is strictly my review of the car! Choose different. Thank you"

Rental car experience only

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage; adequate handling"

Cons: "inferior materials used for interior & exterior"

"I rented this car for a day trip. My favorite thing about it by far was the gas mileage (39 MPG). The adjustable height seats were nice. Not too many blind spots, which made it easier to drive than some of the others I've rented. Some minor irritations include: the transmission was hard to get used to (it was slow on taking off from red lights and stop signs). The arm rest was useless as it was too far back. I never could figure out how to completely turn off the climate control system. I thought the interior was cheaply made, and I also heard a lot of rattles from the exterior while driving. In spite of the "irritations" I've mentioned, overall I thought the car was probably the best one I've rented this year, and if I had the money to purchase, I would seriously consider it."

Top Value In This Class

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Pros: "Looks, ride, quality, price"

Cons: "Very little. Maybe the armrest."

"I am retired from the auto business. Sold Toyota and Nissan. Purchased my Nissan Sentra SR in 2013 shortly after they were introduced. The car is leased. I may lease another. Zero problems. Fit and finish are excellent. As good or better than Corolla. Mine is loaded and everything has always worked perfectly. Gas mileage is 32 - 42. Performance is adequate for the class. About the same as my Corolla. Maybe the quietest engine of any car I have ever owned until accelerating hard. Then noisy just like my Corolla. CVT transmission is different and takes a little getting used to. Great looks, great ride, great interior. Buy it!"

I LOVE my Sentra SL!!!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Very nice features."

Cons: "A little pricier than they used to be."

"I am on my second brand new Sentra. I had my last one for 9 years and loved it. Had people asking me if I wanted to sell it all the time. Just wanted a new one so I went back to the same dealership and purchased my 2013. I really do love these cars!"

Overall a good small car. Excellent gas mileage.

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Pretty car, and good gas mileage"

Cons: "No accelleration out of gate. Bumpy ride."

"2014 Nissan Sentra review: I drove a Sentra for 2 weeks in Nashville doing service calls for Dell Computer Corporation. The car is ascetically appealing because they rounded off the edges finally and it looks like a small Altima. Seats: Not comfortable enough for my 5'6'' frame at 180lbs muscular. I am not fat or slim but I work out and these seats just could not be made to accommodate my back and most of the time I had to sit low in the seat. You feel everything on the road until you get to 70 mph. And at 80, it feels like the back tires are slipping out from under you, so don't go that fast in this car. I was coming down a steep incline and almost could not stop on the low end good year tires. Scared me to death, I was behind a 780 BMW. Handling is very tight, not rigid, but the steering can't come down low enough, I used to my Kia Amanti Steering wheel coming down to my lap. They could make it a little more flexible coming down, so you get that sports car feel, instead of Granny feel of having a high steering wheel. Gas mileage is awesome, 34 mpg with only 10 gallon tank. I drove 250 miles a day, so I was at the station every other day. Visibility is above average for small car, but blind spots are very obvious and close to car. you better be ready when you decide to change lanes, somebody is going to be right on you. Primarily because you can't get the seat, the Steering wheel and the mirrors to work in unison. Im 53 and wouldn't buy it, but I think kids would love it because you can get out there and have a nice drive. I didn't have a roof, but I would have one on mine. Acceleration from 0-50 will not get you out of the way with an automatic! There is no power on the pedal until you get up to 60 and then the car wants to really fly. I surprised a lot people , one guy in a corvette actually gave up trying to zip with me through traffic, I was crossing three lanes diagonally with no problem, I felt like Andretti!. I can drive like Andretti as long as I have the rubber and the brakes. Brakes were a 7 at best. They don't lock up tight, could use some bigger disc of course just for the downhill stuff. Good pedal on the brakes, never scared me and they always did what I anticipate. This car had 8900 miles on it but I was thinking 5 years down the road, that this car is going to be a very used car, with no power, bad brakes, and wobbly seats. Audio system has very good low end, but highs just aren't there, so I figured they built these for college students who listen to RAP music all day and night. I like Jazz, Gospel and Adult."