2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,609 - $16,052.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 100 miles.

10/7.5

7.6

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Great car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Price, fuel economy"

Cons: "Black interior shows everything!"

"I just purchased my 2013 nissan sentra sv, upgraded from a 2008 dodge avenger (I do not recommend those cars to ANYONE!). The get-up and go isn't as prominent as in other vehicles, but it's suitable for my needs. I've found myself obsessed with keeping this car clean and presentable. Gas mileage is fantastic. I usually drive around town and am still getting 32 mpg. Eco on the highway is awesome."

Great compactability

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable. Quiet. Large trunk. Great price."

Cons: "Small glove and center compartment"

"Loved this car. Rented it to drive from Oregon to Alabama. The car did excellent. Cost >$200 in gas to drive across country. Handled very well and was nice and quiet even on the really noisy roads. Sound system sounded great. Seats were very comfortable to sit in 16 hours a day didn't even realize how much time had passed the seats were that comfortable."

I really like my 2013 Sentra SV

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Roomy back+trunk, Keyless entry, MPG's, design"

Cons: "CVT at low speed, front seat comfort"

"I bought this car after driving my used 2000 Frontier for the last decade. It has the Driver's package and the Navigation package. I tested the Cruze, the 3 and my wife drives a 2013 Focus. I am a middle age teacher and I drive my car around my very small town with the occasional 200 mile round trip. Additionally, we decided to take this car on our summer vacation to California with three kids. I have to say that this car (thus far) has proven to be everything that I hoped the car would be. I think it looks great from the outside and the cockpit design works great for me. The nav package with XM is a great bargain but the number one feature that I absolutely love is the keyless entry and push button start. It has ruined me for keys and locks. You should be able to unlock every door just by walking up to it. The backseat dwarfs my wife's Focus and can easily hold 3 pre-teen children or two adults. The car really shines on the highway. Very mature ride, although steep inclines bring whining from the CVT. The front seats could use a little more in the comfort area, but overall they are serviceable. The trip to and from California does not bring back memories of back or bottom discomfort- at least no more than you would expect on any long drive. I like this car and Nissan products in general. I recommend this vehicle."

2013 Nissan Sentra SR averages 28 mpg not 39/40

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "awesome interior & sound"

Cons: "Exaggerated gas mileage, break pedal noises"

"I purchased the Sentra after owning a 2012 Nissan Frontier. The $650 a month for gas was starting to wear a hole in my pockets. I've noticed that the Sentra burns fuel exactly the same way the Frontier did. When I filled up the Frontier, the dte (Distance Till Empty) displayed a range of 431 miles which is the same that Sentra displays. I always "0" the trip odometer and notice that I never get more than 360 miles in the Sentra. I drive 138.2 miles round trip to work Mon - Fri. 116.2 miles of my trip is mainly on the interstate. The 22 miles that is driven on the secondary road consists of 4 traffic lights with a short distance of about 8 miles to reach work at a speed of 45 to 55 miles per hour depending on traffic. Highway speeds range at 75 miles per hour with cruise control set and air conditioning on. The Sentra has an "eco" setting that I use consistently because without the "eco" engaged, the gas mileage is worse. I enjoy everything about this car except for the exaggerated mileage of 39 highway / 40 City that Nissan is claiming. I have approximately 4700 miles on the Sentra. I have a service due at 7500 miles which I plan to address the gas mileage. If Nissan cannot figure it out, I will trade this car in for a Honda which I know will get me the gas mileage I desire."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "lots of space"

"6 Months ago, I traded my 2011 Nissan Sentra S for a 2013 Sentra SV. It came with the drivers package and the navigation page. I then talked my dealer into adding aftermarket leather (for 500 USD) and tinting (150 USD) This was the better option for me rather than spend the extra grand and get an SL model. (I have a spoiler and the SR rims on order) That is what I've added to the car. Now to the good stuff, the car handles very well. I have taken this car from Miami all the way to Chicago. The front seat did get a little uncomfortable, but the gas mileage was clocking in at 55.5 mpg! I get 38.5 in the city. I take this car to my university everyday (30 miles there and back) and I can go a solid week on a full tank of gas. How I get those numbers is by emptying out the car. I have taken everything out, I do not leave things in the trunk or the back seat. I even removed the spare tire. (I put run flats on my car)I tested the plus and premium gas for 2 weeks. Then after I went back to regular gas, my mpg went up. The CVT, is not noisy if you do not floor it. Even when you merge on the highway. If you slowly step on the gas and have the radio on, you will not hear it. People tend to forget that it is not a sports car. It does have one of the lowest (if not the lowest) horsepower in the segment. But it does get great gas millage. You can't have both, if you want a performance car that will go fast, then you tend to lose the great gas millage. People want both and as of right now, you can't get both. As far as looks, the Sentra wins the compact segment hands down. (my opinion) The LED lights in the front make it look like a premium car without breaking the bank. The interior has a lot of upgraded features that will make you feel like you are in a different car. I find that the materials in the car are not as hard as other cars have. (hard plastic) Overall, this is commuter car. That is it. It wants to get you from point A to point B; and that is exactly what it does. I have had no problems with the car since I bought it. If there are any problems or concerns I have, I take it to my dealership and they fix it. They loaded me up with warranty's on the car so I am covered if anything should happen. Here is my recommendation, do the research. There may be bad reviews of this car and that may make you change your mind about it. But don't let it. Go out and test drive this car, even the other cars in the compact segment. There are so many to choose from. Get a feel for the car, people will have negative reviews about every car on the market. Because every once in awhile a "lemon" car slips through and it is an awful car that you can't stand. So you end up hating it until you can get rid of it. Do not expect this car to go fast, it will disappoint you. Do not be fooled in to buying the upper trim models because they come with something the you want. (you can always get aftermarket like I did and it has saved me money) If you want the upper trims than get it. It is a great little car and I am very pleased with my decision. You can't beat the great mpg, especially since it's not a hybrid car. It is worth every penny to me."