2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,450 - $15,949.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 100 miles.

10/7.5

7.6

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Bad Transmission

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Breaks down and nobody is able to provide service"

"Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday."

Excellent Value, Semi-decent Performance

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior, tech, space, mpg"

Cons: "interior material quality, acceleration, engine"

"Driving profile: 10mi each way, 8 on freeway/2 traffic My wife loved this car when I showed it to her and got a loaded SV model. With the amount we paid and the features (bluetooth, keyless start, nav and rear-cam) we got, I was more than happy. The biggest complaint people had was the handling and steering feel, which I didn't mind (I hardly knew what it felt like, compared to my Mitsubishi Galant). Most importantly, the wife was happy. She drove for the longest time and we were consistently getting 34-35mpg in mixed conditions driving. Then we moved and I started driving the car. In Dallas, the mpg now is 29-32. We stick to Shell/Exxon most of the time. The car is roomy and with folding rear seats that's even more roomier! One caveat, the opening behind the seat is somewhat narrow contrary to the humongous boot space and folded seat space available so acts as a constriction. The 55" Tv box couldn't fit just because of that arc behind seats (no that it was a brilliant idea in the first place to use the car for moving the TV). The ride is comfortable and engine noise is pretty much minimal when cruising. It can, however, moan and whine when accelerating and you'll feel the pain of the car. Accelerating onto ramps, from stops can be a bit boring and ... yawn. Interior If you're looking for a decent car with good gas mileage and roomy interiors and don't feel the need to have a race car, I'd be a 9/10. But otherwise, it's 7.5."

Transmission Problems

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking, lots of features"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased the Nissan Sentra SR brand new in August, by October the transmission went out. Took to the dealer to replace took about 3 weeks for Nissan to ship a new one, now that it is installed , car doesn't seem to be running correct, very jerky, tach jumps up and down while driving, this car doesn't even have 3000 miles yet and I already want to get rid of it. Maybe I just got a bad one, my advice, stay away from the Sentra"

Excellent commuter vehicle and with great looks.

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Exterior looks of SR-Trim and Gas-Efficieny"

Cons: "None whatsoever"

"I love this car.It has a very smooth ride at highway-speeds.A lot roomier than I though it was,considering it's a compact-car.Great looks overall of a SR-trim,gas-efficient and comfortable.This vehicle serves exactly what it's for and that is gas-efficiency,smooth-ride and roominess.It's not a Corvette,so don't expect high-performance from it and it would not be fair either."

quality has gone down hill since 2011

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap price"

Cons: "Design flaws that Nissan won't fix"

"I owned a 2011 Sentra and loved it. So I did not hesitate to buy the 2013 model as the warranty was about to run out on my 2011 Sentra and the dealer offered me a decent trade in price. Big mistake! A few days after getting the car, I started to notice poor workmanship all over the car. The main flaw are the windshield wipers which you cannot fold open to clean the windshield since the wiper hinges are underneath the hood, pretty flagrant design flaw. To add insult to injury, the dealer and Nissan USA are aware of this flaw and refuse to fix it. I was a big fan of the Sentra for its good value, this will be my last purchase from Nissan and I would not recommend this car to anyone."