2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,684 - $16,093.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

2013 NISSAN SENTRA SV REVIEW

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "This car does not perform as advertised."

Cons: "The car looks nice and has multiple features."

"This is the worst performance car I have ever owned. I traded in a 2006 Cadillac CTS for it in December 2013. This car has been back to the dealer many times because it will not shift properly and it has to be red-lined at times to get it moving from a dead stop and into low gear. The dealer shop staff has driven it and they tell me that this car is working properly. I disagree. It scares me when I need power and it is not there. The 32 mpg on the highway is not happening either. I am dealing with NISSAN at this time to see if I can get rid of it. I will look for another Cadillac as soon as possible."

Awesome! comfortable! little car!

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"Its an awesome and very comfortable little car. The gas milage is ok pretty standard near 28-33. Great for someone who lives in the city. Not made for the dirt roads of northern new mexico. Had some close encounters with high roads and rocks. But other than that, I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a good reliable vehicle."

Stay away from this car, it's not worth a penny

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Everything else is bad"

"Very bad quality! I traded a 2011 Sentra with 2013, it was the worst Nissan I ever drove which made me decide that this will be the last time in my life I ever drive a Nissan. Contacted Nissan corporation about quality and safety concerns, no body cared. Don't waste your money buying a car that makes you see the mechanic after 10k miles, warranty is a myth!"

Poor Quality

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Breaks down constantly"

"I Purchased my 2013 Sentra in 11/2012 and within the first 3 months I had to take it back to the dealership 4 times because when I stopped the back wheel was making a screeching sound. That was finally resolved after the forth time. I've now had my car 1 year and 8 months and within the last month my vehicle has been at the dealership 3 times since it would not start. The first time they had it two weeks and had to replace the electrical harness. Since then it's been to the dealer 2 more times for the same issue. I feel very disappointed with the quality that was put into this vehicle. I will never buy a Nissan again."

Weird transmission shifts and noises

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"shifts and sounds like trash. should of bought Toyota/"

Good car but the small issues are big ones

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Great gas mileage, great sound system, good around town and very reliable. Uncomfortable drivers seat, no storage inside. Armrest is unusable, didn't pay it much attention on the test drive. Cup holder is in a bad spot, always bumping my cup. CVT is driving me nuts, you have to come to a complete stop or it takes a minute, I can't stand it. NO get up and go with the AC on. I love it when I'm not in it very long, but when I have to go on a long drive I hate it ! I think I've made my decision ! it's gotta go"

I love this car.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price."

Cons: "I can see the dirt easy."

"the car has plenty of room in it. The trunk can fit a lot of things when we travel. It is great on gas. Very comfortable to ride in."

Luxury at an affordable Price

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Greta price, fun to drive, outstanding quality and"

Cons: "acceleration"

"I am a life long Nissan buyer. I recently purchased a 2014 Sentra SR. I must say I could not beat the car for the money. Coming home less 16,000.00, I got an outstanding riding vehicle with all the bells an whistles. The Sentra has room for real adults unlike most compact to mid-size vehicles. If I had to find one thing that I would improve it would be the acceleration. However, if you are looking for a sports car I can't see you buying this car anyway. At 30MPG City and 39MPG Hwy, your wallet will fall in love. Overall an outstanding vehicle."

Is it really a Sentra?

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "price, interior space, new design, LED"

Cons: "armrest, wiper blades, short steering wheel adj"

"Purchased a 2014 Sentra SV new 3 weeks ago. great discounts from the dealer and Nissan. I traded a 09 Corolla S, which was a piece of nothing.I love the interior and has as much interior room as the Altima(my initial choice). I decided to save a couple thousand $$ and purchase this since this is mainly my commuter vehicle. Nice interior but not crazy about the small armrest which back farther than the seat. Weird designed wiper blades that cannot be let up without scratching the hood. other than that, the gas mileage one way 30miles is 39.9mpg. the car is very quiet, its no longer a compact vehicle, its a MIDSIZE. This baby holds the highway nicely, great braking, great steering and a descent get up and go at 130 hp. I don't need a race car but this Sentra gets up to 85 without knowing it so I have to use my cruise to keep from getting a ticket. I recommended one to me co-worker and she loved it so much after test driving mine that she purchased a new one 3 days ago. I really hopes it hold up 10 years or longer without all the issues I had with a recent brand of recalls and malfunctions."

Great compact sedan

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "CVT, ride, features, worth the money"

Cons: "no rear heated seats, no blind spot"

"looked at Dart and Sentra which liked both of them. The reason I chose a Nissan because owned a 2005 Altima that really enjoyed without any issues almost got another one but needed something real cheap on gas and have 2 babies driving on California freeways even commuting through traffic congestion had to get a car with more mpg could trust. Sentra has a superb ride, interior is more luxurious being a small compact car ride bit solid and much roomier. I have great features in Bluetooth, navigation, Bose sound, dual climate control, heated seats, mirrors, LED lights. Purchase with SL tech package with the navigation so its a great vehicle. The gas mileage is 36 city and I'm getting 40 mpg on freeways even on intersections as be in stop n go traffic through L.A streets. This is my 2nd Nissan vehicle love it more coming from a Altima 2.5s the new Sentra is a rocky on everything being the best from new features and upgraded exterior a good car for the money. CVT transmission is smooth love the gearless gives me without hesitation or jerks just smooth ratios and Eco indicator is best too."

best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "big trunk, comfortable capable for a family car"

"Great car for a mom/ family car. This car is for a every day commuting to Point A to Point B. I go to Costco with this car and everything fits in my trunk and I am talking a lots of stuff. And this Sentra has a great mpg."

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

"I bought this car brand new. I have the SV and I have since bought a few additional features that are simply for fun like interior lighting and appliqués and such. First of all, it looks awesome! Very nice lines, LED head and tail lights. Interior is very nice. Smooth controls, comfortable steering wheel. The seats are really comfy front and back (yes I've ridden in both) and sits nicely on the road. The first thing that impressed me with this car was the amount of room inside! Leg room both front and back is extreme for a car in this class. The trunk is huge, I once fit three people in it for a surprise (2 adults and 1 teenager). The gas is great, I get about 35 in the city and on the highway for longer trips I once got 49.9 to the gallon with the eco button on and yes it was longer than a single minute. I keep my car completely up to date with all services and use my local nissan dealership. The car was reasonably priced for me and has yet to let me down. Not so great in the snow, but I also still have factory tires on and I'm talking over a foot of snow. Just general winter slush is fine. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a car slightly larger than a civic, less expensive and offered with different features. Very quiet ride, spacious, gas and family friendly."

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

Great gas fuel econ, stylish

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Lots of room, huge trunk, nice looking"

Cons: "could be more comfortable, little gas tank"

"We had the Nissan Sentra 3 months. It is a good basic car. It's CVT transmission takes some getting used to. The 1st night we bought it I was ready to take it back. But the CVT only has 2 gears with a pulley system. So when your taking off on the highway the rpms are high for until it reaches the 2nd gear and when your slowing down there high. My only concern is, the engine designed for that? Will it reduce the life of the engine? I do like the CVT idea after I did some research and learned about the 2 gears. It improves gas mileage. I get about 40 to 50 MPGs on the high way depending on how big of a hurry I am in. and about 30 MPGs in the city. The seats are ok it does not ride like a Cadillac but not a bad ride for the money. plenty of room, huge trunk great for trips! Its no race car but plenty of power. The gas tank holds about 13 gallons so if you do a lot city driving you will have to fill up more but it wont hold more then 35 bucks when its completely empty with gas here at 2.99.Geat car for the money. I do feel like Nissan has lowered the quality standards. I have had Nissans in the past and never any problems hope so with this one. I have cloth seats. I feel like the material is cheaper and the exterior seems more flimsy. Only time will tell how good the car is. If your looking for a reasonable priced car that gets very good mpgs then I think the Nissan Sentra is a great option to consider!"

Just bought this 1 week ago

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Luxurious for the price and good mileage"

Cons: "CVT weird if you arent use to it"

"I traded my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe for the 2013 Nissan Sentra SV. Got a great deal too. Love it so far. Hard to get use to the CVT transmission though. Seems to always sound like its reving high. Hope it lasts 10 years like my Hyundai"

Not Worth It

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quick acceleration"

Cons: "Cheap feeling ride, jerky, and noisy, overpriced"

"Test drove the base S automatic car and noticed it had issues with engine noise and the ride was jerky not smooth and the car felt really cheap but the price wasn't."

Bad Transmission

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Breaks down and nobody is able to provide service"

"Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday."

Excellent Value, Semi-decent Performance

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior, tech, space, mpg"

Cons: "interior material quality, acceleration, engine"

"Driving profile: 10mi each way, 8 on freeway/2 traffic My wife loved this car when I showed it to her and got a loaded SV model. With the amount we paid and the features (bluetooth, keyless start, nav and rear-cam) we got, I was more than happy. The biggest complaint people had was the handling and steering feel, which I didn't mind (I hardly knew what it felt like, compared to my Mitsubishi Galant). Most importantly, the wife was happy. She drove for the longest time and we were consistently getting 34-35mpg in mixed conditions driving. Then we moved and I started driving the car. In Dallas, the mpg now is 29-32. We stick to Shell/Exxon most of the time. The car is roomy and with folding rear seats that's even more roomier! One caveat, the opening behind the seat is somewhat narrow contrary to the humongous boot space and folded seat space available so acts as a constriction. The 55" Tv box couldn't fit just because of that arc behind seats (no that it was a brilliant idea in the first place to use the car for moving the TV). The ride is comfortable and engine noise is pretty much minimal when cruising. It can, however, moan and whine when accelerating and you'll feel the pain of the car. Accelerating onto ramps, from stops can be a bit boring and ... yawn. Interior If you're looking for a decent car with good gas mileage and roomy interiors and don't feel the need to have a race car, I'd be a 9/10. But otherwise, it's 7.5."

Transmission Problems

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking, lots of features"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Purchased the Nissan Sentra SR brand new in August, by October the transmission went out. Took to the dealer to replace took about 3 weeks for Nissan to ship a new one, now that it is installed , car doesn't seem to be running correct, very jerky, tach jumps up and down while driving, this car doesn't even have 3000 miles yet and I already want to get rid of it. Maybe I just got a bad one, my advice, stay away from the Sentra"

Excellent commuter vehicle and with great looks.

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Exterior looks of SR-Trim and Gas-Efficieny"

Cons: "None whatsoever"

"I love this car.It has a very smooth ride at highway-speeds.A lot roomier than I though it was,considering it's a compact-car.Great looks overall of a SR-trim,gas-efficient and comfortable.This vehicle serves exactly what it's for and that is gas-efficiency,smooth-ride and roominess.It's not a Corvette,so don't expect high-performance from it and it would not be fair either."

quality has gone down hill since 2011

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap price"

Cons: "Design flaws that Nissan won't fix"

"I owned a 2011 Sentra and loved it. So I did not hesitate to buy the 2013 model as the warranty was about to run out on my 2011 Sentra and the dealer offered me a decent trade in price. Big mistake! A few days after getting the car, I started to notice poor workmanship all over the car. The main flaw are the windshield wipers which you cannot fold open to clean the windshield since the wiper hinges are underneath the hood, pretty flagrant design flaw. To add insult to injury, the dealer and Nissan USA are aware of this flaw and refuse to fix it. I was a big fan of the Sentra for its good value, this will be my last purchase from Nissan and I would not recommend this car to anyone."

Perfect Ride

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "very quiet, comforable, maximum fuel ecomony"

Cons: "no ash-tray ,"

"I have a Nissan Sentra SR, purchased straight out of the Nissan Dealership showroom. I must say this car is incredibly quiet and is one of the smoothest rides I have ever had - it isn't a Pure Drive car for nothing. It handles like a pro, and its three different settings to eco, sport, and normal makes sure I get as much fuel economy as I want; whether its getting to work on time or diving in heavy traffic. While the black interior does make it a bit difficult to keep clean, anyone can spend a dollar or two making sure its vacuumed out once a week and forces you to keep the value of the car up to par. I highly recommend it to anyone, it only costs me 25-29 dollars to fill it up at a nearby gas station and that tank of gas can last me up to the middle of the next week if driven completely in eco. Its very safe and reliable, especially for driving long distances. Highly recommended ++++"

The engine knocks like an old washing machine

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "this is junk"

"Purchased 2012 Sentra SR w/300 miles bank repo..on 11/12...since then on start ups and continues today..loud engine knocking..took it to 3 dealers..all stuck to their same story..unable to duplicate..even though they know Nissan has an issue with this engine..gear shifter replaced..rattled so loud..rear main engine seal leaking..dealer tore down transmission, front axle,flywheel and all components to replace a rear main oil seal that was leaking..just freaking great..this was at 7000 miles..now I have small oil leaks on my driveway that Nissan can't seem to find...plus they left the engine dirty ...it was spotless until they tore it down.. Nissan corportation refused to acept the fact the have a defect in the loud knocking coming from the engine and will not even attempt to make it good. My advice stay away from Nissan junk....."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next