2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,518 - $15,955.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 250 miles.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

This is a great car I have had only 1 problem with

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "great car"

"the brakes otherwise a great car good on gas, confortable car is consider a small vehicle but has plenty of room. Love ths car"

Okay for a first car, not much more tho

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Cheap, decent body style--biggest pro!"

Cons: "Cheap and too simple for the cost"

"Good starter car, if you have options than I recommend to exhaust other options/prices/deals. I thought I was getting a good deal. For the price I took the car but the dealership where I purchased the car brand new, I feel got one over on me. Selling price was to be 15k, after first bill noticed it was over 18k. I've paid 8,199.38 so far and still owe 4,000 over the wholesale value. Also when I had them conduct a transmission flush, they forgot the fluids so it burnt out my tranny. Great! These reasons may be why I rate the car so low but I would never purchase another sentra! I purchased a passat just a few months later as a mother's day gift and for the little extra I recommend the VW BY FAR and that is strictly my review of the car! Choose different. Thank you"

A great car for under $20k that's comfortable!!

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, great mileage & space"

Cons: "Include Bluetooth & sliding center armrest on all."

"The 2014 Nissan Sentra SV offered me exactly what I was looking for in a compact car priced at under $20,000. My priorities on buying were based on the many miles I drive (15-20K annually) were as follows, and in this order - comfort (seating and driving), safety ratings, great gas mileage, build quality/reliability/reputation (inside & out), cabin and trunk space, cabin features (radio, ac, knobs, gauges etc.) and auto insurance premiums. After doing a lot of in depth research both online and in print as well as watching test drive and review videos, I decided to test drive several Japanese vehicles priced under $20,000 that met my about criteria. In the end I chose to purchase a Nissan Sentra for three reasons. 1). We leased a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder in July of 2013 which was my first experience with a Nissan and a CVT automatic transmission. Not only did the CVT transmission (used in Formula One racing cars) grow on me, the mileage is superb and we have had zero problems with the vehicle. 2). The 2014 Nissan Sentra offered a lot of value for $18,000 in terms of features that met my criteria and priorities as listed earlier in this review including a soft touch dash board in a market full of cheap plastics. Additionally, all Sentra's come with Econo & Sport mode buttons for a different driving experience. So while some online and video reviews will knock Nissan for having a 130 HP four cylinder engine, many cars in this class have smaller less powerful motors and no alternate driving modes. 3). The Nissan Sentra (model SV) met my needs at my budget and some as well as the ease and incentives Nissan was offering and the ease in which I was able to get into this car without any games from the dealer or NMAC (Nissan Motors Finance). It was a very easy transaction. In short, the Nissan Sentra offered more value, amenities and comfort at my price point than any other Japanese auto maker."

Rental car experience only

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage; adequate handling"

Cons: "inferior materials used for interior & exterior"

"I rented this car for a day trip. My favorite thing about it by far was the gas mileage (39 MPG). The adjustable height seats were nice. Not too many blind spots, which made it easier to drive than some of the others I've rented. Some minor irritations include: the transmission was hard to get used to (it was slow on taking off from red lights and stop signs). The arm rest was useless as it was too far back. I never could figure out how to completely turn off the climate control system. I thought the interior was cheaply made, and I also heard a lot of rattles from the exterior while driving. In spite of the "irritations" I've mentioned, overall I thought the car was probably the best one I've rented this year, and if I had the money to purchase, I would seriously consider it."

Comfortable and smooth

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "nice and compact and very comfortable"

Cons: "arm rest is pushed back to far"

"I've had this vehicle for about a month now no complaints, Vehicle has everything I've wanted in a car, Got the SR model love it so far, love the way it looks from the inside and out. Did not buy it for speed bought it because I like everything the car had to offer and more."