2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,609 - $16,052.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within 100 miles.

10/7.5

7.6

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10

Love This Car

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

"I purchased this car after much research and consideration. I needed something with better gas mileage because my truck gets about 10mpg. I have always drove a truck and cars were very foreign to me. This car really has made me happy. I ultimately decided on this car because of the extra inch it sits up off the ground, 6.6 inches, as compared to al the other cars in its class, 5.5 inches. It may not seem like much but going from a lifted truck it meant a lot. Overall the exterior of the car is beautiful. It is classy and stylish but still cute and young. The led lights are a really nice touch and the silver accents on my SL model make the white really pop. My particular car came with a useless spoiler on the back which I guess is supposed to come with the SR version, and all mine does is collect dirt between it and the trunk. Otherwise the exterior is great. Inside, I chose black leather. The seats are very comfortable and adjust in all sorts of ways. The front seats will lay completely flat, which is great for more than just taking naps. You can lay the front passenger seat flat, fold the rear seat down, and now you have enough room to fit something long through the trunk and the rest of the car, super convenient! I have a beautiful color 5.1 inch display in my dash that has Nav, SXM radio, AM/FM, CD, Bluetooth, and even some apps from my phone like google search, Pandora, and facebook. The Bluetooth talking through the car on your phone is great, sound quality is excellent. I do not have the bose sound system but the factory system is excellent. Many reviews have complained that the gauges in the dash seem outdated, but I actually prefer the traditional ones to the digital ones, so it worked for me. plus the dash is beautifully lit with led lights which make it look more sophisticated. the two reading lights in the front are led and there is a very small led light that is constantly on at night which provides just enough light to easily find the cup holders or anything like that. The performance of the car is really nice to me. Some people have complained that the sentra is slow or a slug, I didn't buy a sports car, I bought a car that got great gas mileage. It has 183HP, you cant really expect 0-60 in 5 seconds. The ECO mode is great, I notice a difference when on longer drives, it is supposed to cut the gas intake by a margin so you get better fuel economy, and it does, on the highway. The ECO button isn't meant to be used in the city. The ride is smooth and the car is super quiet. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to after driving a V8 my whole life, you can watch the RPM gauge jump all over the place but you never feel or hear anything in the car. Overall, I am more than happy with my purchase and I would definitely buy this car again."

Pros and Cons

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "MPG"

"I bought this car in September because of the MPG. I drive a lot due to my job and thought this car would be perfect. I bought the 2014 Sentra SR; I like it but I also hate it. It has no horsepower and takes forever to accelerate when you have stopped. Even though its "Sport", there's nothing Sport about it. So don't try to speed up, because it wont happen. There's also been times when my radio/navigation will flicker and stopped working. I have to turn off my car for it to work again. I've also heard some rattling from the inside like if my windows were loose? The front seats are a bit uncomfortable, but the back seats are very spacious. Overall, I wish I didn't buy this car, too much money for something that is super simple."

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "MPG's and Comfort"

Cons: "Value"

"We bought our 2014 Nissan Sentra SV brand new. I feel that for the price there should be a FEW more standard bells and whistles. It drives like a dream, though the CVT takes some getting used to. We had one problem with the tail lamps getting moisture in them but Nissan was quick to replace them completely under warranty. I love the design of everything but the quality of some touch points could be improved."

Would Not Recommend

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Interior Styling"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"I have had this car for 5 months and got it brand new. I have been back to the shop a dozen times and I will have to keep going back. Very heavy vibration upon light acceleration. There were 4 times that the vibration was so bad that it felt like the car was going to come apart. They claim its normal operations because they cannot reproduce the issue. The front windshield and back window both make cracking sounds and rattle they are going to fall out of the car. The transmission slips and I am told that is normal. There are a ton of rattles popping up all over this car. The navigation turns off and on by itself, the buttons on the side of the navigation flicker like there is a short and the navigation screen flickers like there is a short. It had been a total nightmare owning this car and I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone."

Perfect 1st Car

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"I Love my Sentra! Super comforable and convienient"

Not happy

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "bluetooth"

Cons: "everything else"

"I had a 2010 Sentra and loved it. I travel a lot so I decided to upgrade to the 2014. I was wrong. There is not storage space in the cabin and the trunk as a bar that limits the space in the trunk. Which i need. The CVT is very strange and I have to be careful when I am starting off because sometimes it will not want to go. Even in the Sport mode, if you gun it, it takes a second to go. DO NOT PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ANYONE. YOU WILL GET HIT. This car has not horse power but then it is good on MPG. The only thing I like about the car is the MPG. The navigation and sound system will sometime cut off for a minute or two. The navigation system cannot find a lot of the address in put in. All the other GPS systems can find them. These are established address.The controls on the steering wheel will not work when it is cold. It is a lot bigger than the 2010."

I LOVE my Sentra SL!!!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Very nice features."

Cons: "A little pricier than they used to be."

"I am on my second brand new Sentra. I had my last one for 9 years and loved it. Had people asking me if I wanted to sell it all the time. Just wanted a new one so I went back to the same dealership and purchased my 2013. I really do love these cars!"

Great on Gas

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Price and Body Style"

Cons: "Small interior settings"

"This car is a great starter car and very reliable."

This is a great car I have had only 1 problem with

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "great car"

"the brakes otherwise a great car good on gas, confortable car is consider a small vehicle but has plenty of room. Love ths car"

Okay for a first car, not much more tho

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Cheap, decent body style--biggest pro!"

Cons: "Cheap and too simple for the cost"

"Good starter car, if you have options than I recommend to exhaust other options/prices/deals. I thought I was getting a good deal. For the price I took the car but the dealership where I purchased the car brand new, I feel got one over on me. Selling price was to be 15k, after first bill noticed it was over 18k. I've paid 8,199.38 so far and still owe 4,000 over the wholesale value. Also when I had them conduct a transmission flush, they forgot the fluids so it burnt out my tranny. Great! These reasons may be why I rate the car so low but I would never purchase another sentra! I purchased a passat just a few months later as a mother's day gift and for the little extra I recommend the VW BY FAR and that is strictly my review of the car! Choose different. Thank you"