2013 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,083 - $15,648.

10/7.6

7.8

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great Car! Doesnt hold value.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun car. looks good, great size for its class!"

Cons: "Value falls to fast, CVT transmission, kills perf."

"Paid 19000 for the sporty version. However, this car will not hold its value. It goes from 20000 to 13000 in one year. If you buy this car, make sure you want to keep it for the long haul, because trade value is terrible it WILL fall like a ROCK over a cliff!"

The car has awful driving dynamics...

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, looks"

Cons: "steering, suspension, interior, fun to drive,"

"For one, the steering wheel on this car is completely numb. If you want to know what it feels like to hold a wooden plank instead of a steering wheel..drive the 2013 Sentra. It only gets worse from here. One of my biggest complaint with the car is the lack of self righting force in the steering wheel. And by lack....i mean complete inability for steering wheel to self center. You know, the feeling of "straight ahead" in your steering wheel while driving. This car has none. On top of that...the steering is completely over boosted at any speed. More particularly at lower. Even the slightest of touches to the steering wheel, can send the car all over the lane. For example how over boosted this car is: I once steered my Sentra going 55 mph through a moderately sharp S-curves....with 1 finger! Electric power assist :( (btw,the professional reviewer who said that 2013 Sentra has a nicely weighted steering. Needs to lose his car reviewing privileges ASAP). If you combine my before mentioned complaints together...this car become a chore to drive. Chore is one of the word i can describe this car. While driving Senta feels disconnected from the road , nervous and hard to control. On the scale of 1-10 fun to drive category, I'd give this car an 1. Maybe 2, on a good day. Moreover occasional bump steer can send the car in other lane particularly under braking ( Nice work there, Nissan engineers, I bet you guys must be proud of this car suspension geometry). Suspension is a also garbage, too. Although its nicely dampened, there's little rebound control. It feels like you've got Pogo sticks under the wheels. The interior comfort has a lot to be desired, also. There is no center console....your elbow rest on either in the cup-holders or on the safety belt buckle.Cramped cockpit doesn't help to rectify this situation. Oh...its very cramped. The seat themselves are uncomfortable,also. They offer no lumbar support and are just plain uncomfortable. Bat stool comes to mind. In the end all i have to say is that i hate this car and i cannot wait to get rid of it. If you want your car to be sporty or even decent to drive. Stay away from this Nissan contraption. You've been warned."

Overall a good small car. Excellent gas mileage.

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Pretty car, and good gas mileage"

Cons: "No accelleration out of gate. Bumpy ride."

"2014 Nissan Sentra review: I drove a Sentra for 2 weeks in Nashville doing service calls for Dell Computer Corporation. The car is ascetically appealing because they rounded off the edges finally and it looks like a small Altima. Seats: Not comfortable enough for my 5'6'' frame at 180lbs muscular. I am not fat or slim but I work out and these seats just could not be made to accommodate my back and most of the time I had to sit low in the seat. You feel everything on the road until you get to 70 mph. And at 80, it feels like the back tires are slipping out from under you, so don't go that fast in this car. I was coming down a steep incline and almost could not stop on the low end good year tires. Scared me to death, I was behind a 780 BMW. Handling is very tight, not rigid, but the steering can't come down low enough, I used to my Kia Amanti Steering wheel coming down to my lap. They could make it a little more flexible coming down, so you get that sports car feel, instead of Granny feel of having a high steering wheel. Gas mileage is awesome, 34 mpg with only 10 gallon tank. I drove 250 miles a day, so I was at the station every other day. Visibility is above average for small car, but blind spots are very obvious and close to car. you better be ready when you decide to change lanes, somebody is going to be right on you. Primarily because you can't get the seat, the Steering wheel and the mirrors to work in unison. Im 53 and wouldn't buy it, but I think kids would love it because you can get out there and have a nice drive. I didn't have a roof, but I would have one on mine. Acceleration from 0-50 will not get you out of the way with an automatic! There is no power on the pedal until you get up to 60 and then the car wants to really fly. I surprised a lot people , one guy in a corvette actually gave up trying to zip with me through traffic, I was crossing three lanes diagonally with no problem, I felt like Andretti!. I can drive like Andretti as long as I have the rubber and the brakes. Brakes were a 7 at best. They don't lock up tight, could use some bigger disc of course just for the downhill stuff. Good pedal on the brakes, never scared me and they always did what I anticipate. This car had 8900 miles on it but I was thinking 5 years down the road, that this car is going to be a very used car, with no power, bad brakes, and wobbly seats. Audio system has very good low end, but highs just aren't there, so I figured they built these for college students who listen to RAP music all day and night. I like Jazz, Gospel and Adult."

A beutiful car with all the available options!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car with all the amenities"

Cons: "Acceleration is lacking"

"The 2013 Nissan Sentra SL is a brand new design from the bottom up and it looks like a mini-Altima. The SL that I have has all the options including the Premium Package. The car has leather seating and an 8-speaker BOSE system that sounds awesome. I have recorded all my music in a flash drive and I play it in the car with the USB port provided. The moon roof is very nice specially in the sunny days when the temperature is in the 60-70 degrees F. The only item missing is a stainless steel muffler tip; I installed one at a muffler shop and it looks great! Overall I am very pleased with my Sentra and I plan to keep it for many years to come since I only have 3,500 miles."

I GET 35+ MPG AVERAGE & 45+ MPG ON HIWAY

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Giant rear seat, amazing mpg, drives like midsize"

Cons: "badly designed wipe spray nozzle"

"With the exception of a faulty wiper spray nozzle, this is an amazing, extremely roomy and very well made car. I didn't buy it for it's speed, but it's got great power thanks to Nissan's excellent CVT transmission. This summer I have averaged 37 MPG, and on a recent trip saw 46.5 MPG. Over the frigid winter last year, it averaged just over 30 MPG and I do 50/50 city and hiway driving. The back seats have more room than my sisters X5, my Mom's Murano and my other sisters new Fusion. The trunk is massive too. I just feel great in my Sentra SV and I do test drive every other competitive model in it's class, this is the one that hit all the high points solidly. There is no car which deserves a perfect 10, none."

Wonderful car!!!!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Affordable and fun to drive!"

Cons: "AWD and no heated seats for Winter season."

"This car is perfect for someone who wants plenty of space, but without having too much vehicle! It is very comfortable when traveling to visit family and friends or even for work. I have no issues with my Sentra. This car has been a great vehicle for my job and my lifestyle. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone! Very classy and sleek."

Awesome! comfortable! little car!

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"Its an awesome and very comfortable little car. The gas milage is ok pretty standard near 28-33. Great for someone who lives in the city. Not made for the dirt roads of northern new mexico. Had some close encounters with high roads and rocks. But other than that, I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a good reliable vehicle."

Stay away from this car, it's not worth a penny

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Everything else is bad"

"Very bad quality! I traded a 2011 Sentra with 2013, it was the worst Nissan I ever drove which made me decide that this will be the last time in my life I ever drive a Nissan. Contacted Nissan corporation about quality and safety concerns, no body cared. Don't waste your money buying a car that makes you see the mechanic after 10k miles, warranty is a myth!"

Poor Quality

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Breaks down constantly"

"I Purchased my 2013 Sentra in 11/2012 and within the first 3 months I had to take it back to the dealership 4 times because when I stopped the back wheel was making a screeching sound. That was finally resolved after the forth time. I've now had my car 1 year and 8 months and within the last month my vehicle has been at the dealership 3 times since it would not start. The first time they had it two weeks and had to replace the electrical harness. Since then it's been to the dealer 2 more times for the same issue. I feel very disappointed with the quality that was put into this vehicle. I will never buy a Nissan again."

Weird transmission shifts and noises

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"shifts and sounds like trash. should of bought Toyota/"

Good car but the small issues are big ones

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Great gas mileage, great sound system, good around town and very reliable. Uncomfortable drivers seat, no storage inside. Armrest is unusable, didn't pay it much attention on the test drive. Cup holder is in a bad spot, always bumping my cup. CVT is driving me nuts, you have to come to a complete stop or it takes a minute, I can't stand it. NO get up and go with the AC on. I love it when I'm not in it very long, but when I have to go on a long drive I hate it ! I think I've made my decision ! it's gotta go"

I love this car.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price."

Cons: "I can see the dirt easy."

"the car has plenty of room in it. The trunk can fit a lot of things when we travel. It is great on gas. Very comfortable to ride in."

Luxury at an affordable Price

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Greta price, fun to drive, outstanding quality and"

Cons: "acceleration"

"I am a life long Nissan buyer. I recently purchased a 2014 Sentra SR. I must say I could not beat the car for the money. Coming home less 16,000.00, I got an outstanding riding vehicle with all the bells an whistles. The Sentra has room for real adults unlike most compact to mid-size vehicles. If I had to find one thing that I would improve it would be the acceleration. However, if you are looking for a sports car I can't see you buying this car anyway. At 30MPG City and 39MPG Hwy, your wallet will fall in love. Overall an outstanding vehicle."

Is it really a Sentra?

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "price, interior space, new design, LED"

Cons: "armrest, wiper blades, short steering wheel adj"

"Purchased a 2014 Sentra SV new 3 weeks ago. great discounts from the dealer and Nissan. I traded a 09 Corolla S, which was a piece of nothing.I love the interior and has as much interior room as the Altima(my initial choice). I decided to save a couple thousand $$ and purchase this since this is mainly my commuter vehicle. Nice interior but not crazy about the small armrest which back farther than the seat. Weird designed wiper blades that cannot be let up without scratching the hood. other than that, the gas mileage one way 30miles is 39.9mpg. the car is very quiet, its no longer a compact vehicle, its a MIDSIZE. This baby holds the highway nicely, great braking, great steering and a descent get up and go at 130 hp. I don't need a race car but this Sentra gets up to 85 without knowing it so I have to use my cruise to keep from getting a ticket. I recommended one to me co-worker and she loved it so much after test driving mine that she purchased a new one 3 days ago. I really hopes it hold up 10 years or longer without all the issues I had with a recent brand of recalls and malfunctions."

Great compact sedan

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "CVT, ride, features, worth the money"

Cons: "no rear heated seats, no blind spot"

"looked at Dart and Sentra which liked both of them. The reason I chose a Nissan because owned a 2005 Altima that really enjoyed without any issues almost got another one but needed something real cheap on gas and have 2 babies driving on California freeways even commuting through traffic congestion had to get a car with more mpg could trust. Sentra has a superb ride, interior is more luxurious being a small compact car ride bit solid and much roomier. I have great features in Bluetooth, navigation, Bose sound, dual climate control, heated seats, mirrors, LED lights. Purchase with SL tech package with the navigation so its a great vehicle. The gas mileage is 36 city and I'm getting 40 mpg on freeways even on intersections as be in stop n go traffic through L.A streets. This is my 2nd Nissan vehicle love it more coming from a Altima 2.5s the new Sentra is a rocky on everything being the best from new features and upgraded exterior a good car for the money. CVT transmission is smooth love the gearless gives me without hesitation or jerks just smooth ratios and Eco indicator is best too."

best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "big trunk, comfortable capable for a family car"

"Great car for a mom/ family car. This car is for a every day commuting to Point A to Point B. I go to Costco with this car and everything fits in my trunk and I am talking a lots of stuff. And this Sentra has a great mpg."

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

"I bought this car brand new. I have the SV and I have since bought a few additional features that are simply for fun like interior lighting and appliqués and such. First of all, it looks awesome! Very nice lines, LED head and tail lights. Interior is very nice. Smooth controls, comfortable steering wheel. The seats are really comfy front and back (yes I've ridden in both) and sits nicely on the road. The first thing that impressed me with this car was the amount of room inside! Leg room both front and back is extreme for a car in this class. The trunk is huge, I once fit three people in it for a surprise (2 adults and 1 teenager). The gas is great, I get about 35 in the city and on the highway for longer trips I once got 49.9 to the gallon with the eco button on and yes it was longer than a single minute. I keep my car completely up to date with all services and use my local nissan dealership. The car was reasonably priced for me and has yet to let me down. Not so great in the snow, but I also still have factory tires on and I'm talking over a foot of snow. Just general winter slush is fine. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a car slightly larger than a civic, less expensive and offered with different features. Very quiet ride, spacious, gas and family friendly."

Pros: "Gas, low noise, comfy, style, interior, roominess."

Great gas fuel econ, stylish

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Lots of room, huge trunk, nice looking"

Cons: "could be more comfortable, little gas tank"

"We had the Nissan Sentra 3 months. It is a good basic car. It's CVT transmission takes some getting used to. The 1st night we bought it I was ready to take it back. But the CVT only has 2 gears with a pulley system. So when your taking off on the highway the rpms are high for until it reaches the 2nd gear and when your slowing down there high. My only concern is, the engine designed for that? Will it reduce the life of the engine? I do like the CVT idea after I did some research and learned about the 2 gears. It improves gas mileage. I get about 40 to 50 MPGs on the high way depending on how big of a hurry I am in. and about 30 MPGs in the city. The seats are ok it does not ride like a Cadillac but not a bad ride for the money. plenty of room, huge trunk great for trips! Its no race car but plenty of power. The gas tank holds about 13 gallons so if you do a lot city driving you will have to fill up more but it wont hold more then 35 bucks when its completely empty with gas here at 2.99.Geat car for the money. I do feel like Nissan has lowered the quality standards. I have had Nissans in the past and never any problems hope so with this one. I have cloth seats. I feel like the material is cheaper and the exterior seems more flimsy. Only time will tell how good the car is. If your looking for a reasonable priced car that gets very good mpgs then I think the Nissan Sentra is a great option to consider!"

Just bought this 1 week ago

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Luxurious for the price and good mileage"

Cons: "CVT weird if you arent use to it"

"I traded my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe for the 2013 Nissan Sentra SV. Got a great deal too. Love it so far. Hard to get use to the CVT transmission though. Seems to always sound like its reving high. Hope it lasts 10 years like my Hyundai"

Not Worth It

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quick acceleration"

Cons: "Cheap feeling ride, jerky, and noisy, overpriced"

"Test drove the base S automatic car and noticed it had issues with engine noise and the ride was jerky not smooth and the car felt really cheap but the price wasn't."

Bad Transmission

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Breaks down and nobody is able to provide service"

"Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday."

Excellent Value, Semi-decent Performance

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior, tech, space, mpg"

Cons: "interior material quality, acceleration, engine"

"Driving profile: 10mi each way, 8 on freeway/2 traffic My wife loved this car when I showed it to her and got a loaded SV model. With the amount we paid and the features (bluetooth, keyless start, nav and rear-cam) we got, I was more than happy. The biggest complaint people had was the handling and steering feel, which I didn't mind (I hardly knew what it felt like, compared to my Mitsubishi Galant). Most importantly, the wife was happy. She drove for the longest time and we were consistently getting 34-35mpg in mixed conditions driving. Then we moved and I started driving the car. In Dallas, the mpg now is 29-32. We stick to Shell/Exxon most of the time. The car is roomy and with folding rear seats that's even more roomier! One caveat, the opening behind the seat is somewhat narrow contrary to the humongous boot space and folded seat space available so acts as a constriction. The 55" Tv box couldn't fit just because of that arc behind seats (no that it was a brilliant idea in the first place to use the car for moving the TV). The ride is comfortable and engine noise is pretty much minimal when cruising. It can, however, moan and whine when accelerating and you'll feel the pain of the car. Accelerating onto ramps, from stops can be a bit boring and ... yawn. Interior If you're looking for a decent car with good gas mileage and roomy interiors and don't feel the need to have a race car, I'd be a 9/10. But otherwise, it's 7.5."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next