2013 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,444 - $16,951.

10/7.6

7.8

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.4/10

Good value for the money, and looks upscale!

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Price and value and new design look"

Cons: "Initial engine pick up, or lack of it."

"I was in the market after driving a 95 Honda Civic for years. I checked a few models, Prius, Honda Fit and Chevy Cruze, ect and was floored by the Sentra SR. The features and styling makes it look indeed like a "mini-altima", for thousands less. Now, I was not use to the CVT tansmission, nor the 130 hp 1.8 liter engine. If there is a drawback to the car... it is the initial lackluster performance. You will not win any races trying to reach 30-40 speed. After it reaches past that and gains momentum on the highway it is a pleasure to drive. I like the electronic power steering, makes a big difference to me. That being said, the flip side is great gas mileage, combined 33 mpg so far. Now, this car is big....really! The back seat and trunk surprising roommie. I believe the US classes it as a Mid-Size, or it should. Interior materials are well laid out, though looks of no frills, but the quality is there. I find the seat very comfortable and have no issues like some others. I bought the SR model with bluetooth, spoiler, and sport alloy wheels...sharp! Without question, this is a commuter car. I hope it is as trouble free as my 95 Honda Civic was."

Serving a growing demographic

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Interior layout, tech, Style & comfort, ECO button"

Cons: "Wind noise from side mirrors, Loose steering"

SL trim, black on black

"Just purchased a 2013 Sentra SL for my wife. We have owned the last two generations of Sentra's and this is buy far the most well thought out car yet. Comfort, style, features, and efficiency all put this car ahead of most competitors today. I think Nissan played this redesign very, very well. Can it really get up to 40mpg hwy consistently? It really does depend on your driving habits so mpg numbers from companies sometimes is over-hyped. With that said, fuel economy, ride comfort, interior room, and exterior styling are this Nissan's trump card. Ive read reviews that have talked about the lack of horsepower. Dually noted, it will not win you many races. But what I think you are seeing is a departure from car companies catering to the "Fast and Furious" generation. This car reaches a growing demographic of budget conscious buyers that want style, proven reliability, good tech features, and low fuel expenses. As for the car itself, it has enough power to get you up to 80mph without flooring it. The CVT transmission does feel different than the last generation (which I miss actually), but this car comes with the Eco/Sport buttons which all make the CVT behave differently. I've found the ECO mode to behave most like the old tranny. It is a bit too jumpy in Sport mode, even if you are trying to beat someone off the line when the light turns green. I've also heard people talk about the "moaning" of the CVT at low rpms. Maybe somewhat, but nothing to take your eyes off the road or think something is wrong with the car. The CVT transmission is very unique in that it reacts to various inputs and situations (throttle, road conditions, temperature). Once you learn how to work the CVT in different situations, you will learn to appreciate it's versatility and wide range of ratios. Interior is very well laid out and has some great soft touches. Our SL even has the (faux) woodgrain which is a nice touch. The steering is nice but is a bit light. Car wasn't designed to be whipped around on the back roads but it does handle corners fairly well. Oversteer is very noticeable. If you want something to whip around on back roads and take out to speed around on weekends, look elsewhere...this car is not for you (until the SE-R comes out) This car is a tremendous value. There may be other cars out there with better driving dynamics, but this new Sentra is a smart buy for anyone looking to get around comfortably and in style. More than enough car for my wife. If you're gonna buy one, get the SV or SL, may only cost you an extra $10/month...it will be worth the features. Best wishes."

SL trim, black on black

Not satisified with car.

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

"We bought a 2013 Nissan Sentra. Automatic transmission. It is only two weeks old. It is leaking transmission oil. We have the leather seats, and other great stuff. The head rest on the front seats is uncomfortable. I am the main driver of the car. My back was hurt for two weeks because of the headrest on the front seats. Also the recall on the front passenger seat airbags does not cover the time when my car was made. My daughter weighs about 160 pounds. I have found that the airbags turn off from time to time when she is in the seat. She has to move around to get the airbags to turn back on. It hugs the road really well. Not much pick up on entrance ramps on freeways and highways."

2013 Nissan Sentra SR

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great options, sporty"

Cons: "XM/Live traffic cost, eco/reg/sport drive buttons"

"I'm not sure what the unhappy reviewers are saying. Did they not test drive this vehicle before they bought it? I will agree that it's not the fastest off the line, but what do you expect? It's an entry level car with a small motor. But you know what? Perfect for me, and probably lots of other people too. I could get a Lexus, but didn't want to spend that kind of money on a car. I take the train to work, so I just need something to get me to the train station (in stop and go traffic), and leave parked in public parking all day. I didn't want to park a $50k car in public parking, but I did want a car that offered some bells and whistles, and had some style to it. This new Sentra fit the bill perfectly. 98% of my driving is City/stop and go driving and I'm getting 31-32 mpg. The one freeway trip taken, we got about 38 mpg. The armrest is a bit far back, but you get used to it, and I think it promotes better posture not having it to lean on too much. I do wish the XM/LiveTraffic was a bit cheaper (yes, I already got a bill to renew, since it only comes with 3months of service). Not sure I'll renew since I don't really drive that far, but it is fun to have. The only other weird thing, altho not a deal breaker, is that the eco/regular/sport drive buttons are in a weird hard to see place, and hard to see while driving. But overall, this is a great car."

Not Happy-Disappointed

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy rear seating, better gas mileage"

Cons: "lacks power, uncomfortable & noisy"

"This is my FOURTH Nissan Sentra and my LEAST favorite out of all. I actually liked the boxier shape of the 2010 model, but the style is something I have no control of. I stayed with Nissan because the transition was easier with having an existing lease already and it was always a comfortable and reliable little car which got me where I needed to go, as well as being affordable. Although the gas mileage does seem better (always a plus) and the back/rear is extremely comfortable and roomier, the drivers seat is not comfortable at all. It feels like something isn't right and I find myself adjusting everything each time I get in the car. It feels like the space between the wheel and the top of your legs is limited and no matter how many ways I adjust the seat and wheel, my legs do not feel comfortable. Also, my arms are not relaxed or comfortable either - it feels like I am stretching them it's not because I am too far back. I am very disatisied and unhappy with the way this car drives. It feels like something is wrong with the car - like it doesn't want to move - like it's stuck in the wrong gear - or almost like the emergency break is on - it jerks - its NOISY which is distracting - it is not easy or pleasant to drive - it feels like you have to work to drive it if that makes sense - not smooth at all. This happens when pulling out, stopping at a light or stop sign, turning and even braking. I am told by the dealer (salesman, sales manager, service manager, and supposedly an outside engineer that looked at the vehicle) that this is "just the way the car is manufactured" and that nothing is wrong with it - that it is the result of the new CVT transmission."

See if you qualify for