2012 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Good starter car for the reckless teenager

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Very spacious interior, easy to drive, cheap maint"

Cons: "louder road noise, bumpy, drum brakes on rear"

"There is nothing particularly special about this vehicle. It will go from point A to point B with no problem. The vehicle is very large on the inside where my 6 foot fiance can sprawl out with plenty of room to spare. Gas mileage I average about 24mpg and can get 32highway mpg. It is very quick with CVT transmission and certainly doesn't miss a beat when you need it. Normal wear and tear is inevitable and as far as defects I would say there isn't really any. I would recommend this car to someone who needs a commuter car or is looking to be very price consciences."

Comfortable and Smooth, but Dull

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reason: Trade-Up

Pros: "Smooth ride, low cost"

Cons: "Road noise, boring to drive, iffy build quality"

"If you need a car, and you can find yourself a relatively low mileage Sentra, I can't say you shouldn't get one. You'll get a car that's inexpensive to own and operate, yet has really good ride quality. Still, there are some things that irked me about this car. First off, I had an issue with a leak from the outside in. It turns out that whatever glue they used to hold this car together (yes, that's correct) cracked causing a leak which soaked the floor in the back when it rained. Little plastic and rubber parts here and there, especially on the outside, began to fall off or come loose, and one of the back speakers buzzed occasionally. Driving this thing is about as exciting as shopping for socks. The ride quality is good, but it's not going to plow through a turn or accelerate with any urgency. The turning radius on this car is competitive with a house...I couldn't make u-turns to save my life. Also, road noise is atrocious. I found myself cranking up the radio just to hear it going 55 MPH. That being said, if you're looking for something inexpensive that goes A to B, you probably won't find anything that has a better ride."

Excellent ride, good gas mileage, I like the car.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, mileage, response time."

Cons: "No Cruise control :("

"For the basic of "basics", this Nissan is a Great Car. It has no options however, I have always liked Nissans. The ride is smooth, the mileage is very reasonable, there is plenty of room for 5 adults, the trunk space is amazing also. On the freeway it is a nice, quiet, smooth ride. The response for needing to "GO" or pass, is excellent. I have nothing bad to say about this car. It was a gift but if I were out looking to buy a car and my finances were limited, I would definitely consider buying this car."

I like my Nissan very much.. Good solid ride.

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "great color and handles well"

Cons: "no navigator"

"A great car. Looking at whats out there for new technology, if any"

Wonderful Car

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Great Gas Miles, Strong car"

Cons: "No GPS or Heated side windows"

"Amazing car, So far I receive a lots of offer to sell my car but I know better, not to sell. 2008 Nissan made this Sentra the best car compare with new models. Very Strong and smooth ride, comfortable and sport design. I bought my car customize even though I have to pay more money, was worth it. only one accident, behind driver hit me in the back and the Nissan took the hit very well. Strong car. After fixing I have no problems at all, is just like new. Car still shine like brand new because of care I give it. Every time I change the oil in the car, there are impress of how well I have taking car of the car. Wonderful gas miles. Car has power I have the CVT engine and I love it.I wish the car came with GPS and Heated side windows. Over all Love this car."

CVT Not What It Seems.

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, economical, well equipped"

Cons: "CVT, Washer Nozzles in the Cold"

"So I have had my Sentra Special Edition for over two years now. The majority of the car I love. Not real keen on the headlights, but that was not a deal breaker for me. I bought the car primarily for the GPS and navigation functions. I didn't want the distraction that would come with using my smartphone. That said, it is your base mode nav, and I probably could have gotten a cheaper price if I would have skipped the nav. My biggest issue with this car is the mismatch between the awesome 2.0 Ltr. engine, and the CVT. Our other car is a Prius, so I was somewhat used to a CVT transmission and expected similar results. After driving the car for close to 40,000 miles now, I would not own another CVT. The above description that you will save gas is very dependent on your driving style and conditions. E.G. if you are the type that likes to punch it and feel the horses under the hood, or you have to hit the gas to merge into traffic, the engine will out run the transmission every time. It will slip and you will find yourself at close to 6,000 RPMs only to be waiting for the transmission to stop whining and catch up to the engine, which will usually happen around 75 to 85 MPH, and only after you step out of the gas to allow it to catch up. Once you are there the transmission performs as expected. The other area with the transmission that you will have to get used to is how it breaks the car's forward motion as you come to a stop. To describe it is like the transmission goes into low gear and you are almost lunging forward as you come to a stop. You almost have to drive it to understand the sense you get. I took mine to the dealer within a month to ask if this was normal, and was told there is nothing wrong with your car. Funny my Prius doesn't lung. There is one additional point you may consider if you live in an area where the cold can get and stay around or below freezing. If so, know that the windshield washer nozzles will freeze, and stay frozen when you are driving. This can be a safety concern, especially when you are driving in snow and ice, or in thawing conditions where your windshield is covered with salt spray, or ice melt. Kinda hard to keep it clean if you can't get windshield washer fluid on the windshield. Otherwise, I like my car. A dealer called my over the holiday to ask if I would trade it in, and I responded no. So that should be some indication of the cars performance. I average around 30 miles per gallon even when I punch it. It handles very well, and can corner extremely tight, so much so it took some getting used to."

Excellent overall car - easy to drive, very comfor

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "East driving - comfortable - good acceleration - g"

Cons: "CVT transmission - just not thrilled with it."

"Bought this car used with about 44,000 miles on it, from a dealer's website. The car had been completely detailed, and looked and felt new. I like everything about this car except... the CVT transmission. I still prefer the old standard 4-speed automatic or best of all, the standard 4-5 speed stick shift.I've driven it twice New York to Texas, and once to California and back - comfortable to ride and drive. Good visibility. good mileage at better than 32mpg on the road. Will drive next week to Texas again, return after January 1 2015. Like the current (2012-2014 style changes better than the 2009 style). Looking to trade for a new one, or a low-mileage used car. Years ago, I had a Honda Accord with a 4-speed - was the best car I ever had. Maybe this one will approach that standard."

I love to drive it..

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"It hurts my back getting out of it. but it is a great car as far as driving, great gas milage.. I am selling it because it is. to small for a older person."

Good vehicle - too many rattles

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration."

Cons: "Rattles, blind spot between front and side windows"

"This is my second Nissan and I will not buy another. It drives well, has good acceleration, but does not heat or cool very fast and has some very annoying rattles. Considering how much I paid for this car, it should not rattle. I bought both brand new. Never another Nissan."

Very average car, nothing special

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "It runs well! Has a good sized trunk."

Cons: "Very poor visibility, too many blind spots."

"I truly dislike this car for many reasons, but the foremost reason is the poor visibility and numerous blind spots. My second item of dislike is the dashboard. The dials are very difficult to read during the day. The orange glow of the nighttime is not very pleasant either. The floor carpets finally had to be removed from the driver's side due to their constant movement under the accelerator. It has been reliable, however, and that is a plus"

Loved driving this car - but felt the bumps! (A-)

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Reason: needed larger vehicle

Pros: "Easy comfortable ride - lots of interior space."

Cons: "Trunk only opened manually. Felt all the bumps."

"I bought this car at the end of 2008 - just before the gov't began offering tax incentives to buy vehicles ... darn! Kept it for about 6 years. Anyway - I always loved this car, except for the fact that when driving in the city or any area where the roads weren't in great shape, you could feel every bump. Didn't bother me as much at first, but now that I'm in my 60's started to bother me. I also didn't like that despite being 2nd tier trim, the trunk only opened manually - not by the key-less entry remote. I always got great fuel mileage of at least 25 mpg and more on the road. I was always amazed by how much I could fit into the car if need be. For Example, my wife and I bought new kitchen cabinets that were boxed. We were able to fit all the cartons (the cabinets were not completely set up) into the car with a bit of room to spare. The guys at the cabinet store thought we were crazy trying to fit it all in, but then apologized after the fact when they saw how easily it all fit in. The car was great on long trips - very comfortable to drive for long hours. And if I wanted to take a snooze, very comfortable to pull off the road and lay the seats back to relax. A cinch to park - Great vehicle for city driving & parking Carried my large dog comfortably in the back seat. The rear seats folded 60/40 - only they didn't lay completely flat. Had no trouble fitting lumber, etc in the car - and if it was really too long, just kept the trunk open with a flag on the stuff sticking out. Soundproofing was pretty good - didn't hear trucks blaring next to us on the road and could easily carry on conversations and on the phone w/o issue. Great visibility - except for a blind spot or 2 on drivers side back window. Only major work needed was that after 45,000 miles (4 1/2 yrs) - I needed to replace the front struts/shocks which were about $700. The bumps really felt awful at that point, so I should've realized there was a problem. Only other major expense I had was replacing all four tires in 2012, all 4 brake drums in 2012 and the battery in 2013. Also the fog lights went a couple of times and were more expensive than I thought they'd be to have done. Other than that never had to bring it in for any service except for the brakes and oil changes - and warranty replacement of air stem sensors. Minor things began to go shortly after warranty ended, example a couple buttons on the radio - which were impossible to locate. The a/c heater fan, didn't kick in as easily after warranty ended, but still worked fine. Also - had to replace (under warranty) the air stems which let you know pressure was low. Brakes were obviously rusted from the get-go (you could see it from outside). The cheap plastic wheel covers - were especially a problem if I bumped the tires against curb - broke easily. With all the larger vehicles on the road (SUVs) I finally decided to sell the car so I could get something bigger so it was easier to see in front of me, otherwise I'd still have it today. I was able to sell it for $8500 w/o a problem - and that was after having 2 accidents, one of which required frame repair in back which impacted resale value."

Saves gasoline money can run 36mpg on highways

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "easy to maintain and more room at parking lots"

Cons: "not too spacious"

"very satisfied"

Really reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "So worth the price"

"I have really enjoyed this car and only need to upgrade because I need a newer model with a back up camera."

adequate vehicle for everyday commute.

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, good interior space"

Cons: "engine lacks horsepower"

"This vehicle is a good everyday commuter. Comfortable, quiet with good interior space. Exterior is nice looking, not flashy, but not old either. Have owned this certified Sentra S for almost 1 year and have no real complaints other than the 140hp engine is somewhat lacking. Overall I would recommend this vehicle for the great gas mileage which I average 35+ mpg."

This is a quality vehicle with power and econemy

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, economical, dependable and fun."

Cons: "Engine has always been a little rattly."

"This car has not had any problems so far and is powerful, smooth and very economical. I am making my final payment in a few days and am glad in my selection. This car is fun to drive and still gets over 30 mpg combined."

Nissan Rules!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality. Nissans run til the end of time."

Cons: "The inner design isn't very stylish."

"For the life of me I can't understand why Honda and Toyota have the reputation for being the longest lasting cars on the road. Every Nissan I've ever driven has gone for years and years with no problems at all. My Sentra has 173,000 miles on it and it has never broken down, and still runs perfect. Others I know who drive Nissan have all had similar experiences. These are the cars to drive if you don't want to deal with mechanical problems or costly repairs. If those are your thing, buy an American car."

Great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "SOUND LOOKS BLAHHH"

"i have owned my car for almost 2 years now. let me just say this...its really reliable and amazing on gas (20 mpg around town) but unfortunately that's all its good for. the gutless 2.0 engine is hardly acceptable (all its built for is gas mileage) and the very interesting not shifting CVT will have you scratching your head because it doesn't shift. the car has gear ratios the smaller it is the faster you go the bigger it is better gas mileage. the car does come equipped with a really good sounding stereo system. Oh yeah enough beats that the car next to you might glance over. The interior of the car is so boring it could literally put you to sleep. now lets move to the back seat i have a 2 year old and this car is our family car. On ever seat in the back it has safty hooks for car seats.....Only one problem tho....um...the back seat is very tiny. seriously NO ONE will be sitting in the back if you have a car seat in the back. And now the trunk! Its amazing super big.. whoopdy-do..... In all honesty i hate my car the way it drives, sounds, looks, and sounds....OOPS did i say that already? i wish i would have gotten something completely different"

Awesome compact sedan with excellent reliability

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Super reliable, good gas mileage, interior is soli"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Bought this car used in 2009, when it was about 2 years old with 30k miles on it. Have driven it as a daily driver for the past 5 years, racking up close to 60k miles on the odometer. We have done regular oil changes and replaced the tires once during that time. Other than that normal scheduled maintenance, we have had to do zero repair work to the vehicle. We love the keyless entry and start with the key fob - literally impossible to lock your keys in the car, and super convenient to keep your keys in your pocket at all times and never have to pull them out. The interior of the car is laid out about as well as you can expect, with great controls for the radio and A/C. Overall, everything you could ask for out of a compact sedan, with excellent reliability, good gas mileage and fun to drive to boot."

2011 Nissan Sentra SL (Bought Used)

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability based on price"

Cons: "Leather seats on some SL models"

"I love my 2011 Sentra SL - Nav sys w/back up camera, bluetooth, sunroof, rear spoiler, chrome trim etc... Due to a partial highway closure around here, the recent traffic on the local roads has constantly been just stop then go then stop... This car still hits avg 30 mpg no matter what - I actually calculated this based on a full gas then next-time-fill-up ratio a few times and not based on the Sentra's calculation. The stereo sounds excellent with embedded equalizer w/6 speakers with the automatic volume control based on the speed. I can hook up iPhone, Android, iPod and/or whatever I can via USB that my 6 year old daughter can even control what she wants to listen to and the volume off of her device that is connected to it while sitting in the rear seat. One thing I do not like it? I've never been a big fan of leather seats... I always feel I'm not settled while driving for some reasons but it came with it. So, it wasn't Nissan's fault since I could go for something else if I wanted to. My son and I play ice hockey and the trunk actually easily holds two full hockey bags w/o even folding the rear seat if you know how big each is. VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) on/off is really helpful if you ever get stuck in mud and/or snow."

Not totally happy with the Sentra

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling is nice."

Cons: "Interior "blind" spots; uncomfortable seats"

"I am not totally satisfied with the Sentra. MPG has never gone beyond 23 MPG. I do not do much highway driving, but expected much more out of the Sentra driving locally. There are a couple "blind" spots on the driver's side between door window and windshield, making it very difficult to see if someone is coming on my left (in my parking lot). A/C Heat vents do not allow A/C heat be directed to me. Seats are very uncomfortable."

nice reliable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

I don't own this car

"Nice car,very affordable"

Amazing vehicle

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Stability and looks"

Cons: "Mirrors- the ones you look to see yourself- brake"

Took picture in February 26,2014

"When I decide it to buy a car I choose a Nissan Sentra 4 doors Sedan (CVT) customize the 2008 car and require 8 miles. The color and all specification I told the dealer ship it want was exactly what expect it. Keeping the maintenance of the car and keeping my car is shape and shinny make me proud to own a Nissan. After 6 years own I still love my car. Shine like is brand new. It is a little bit hard to drive in snow but do the job very well. Stability is amazing and ver smooth. Someone hit my car in the rear and the car can take a hit. They fix everything and look like brand new. I have no problem after incident. Have minor scratches because of the years I have the car. But there are not bump or big scratches that you can see when looking at the car. As customize car I want a sunroof,16 wheel rims, 6 DVD music, in the trunk I have a hiding divider. Splash guards and side guards, spoiler."

Took picture in February 26,2014

This car is designed fabulously!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, controls were at my fingertips"

"It seems a real live adult driver designed the interior to this car. Everything I needed was right at my fingertips. Unfortunately and heartbreaking for me, we were involved in an accident. My Sentra kept me safe from harm, collapsing as it should have. I never even hit the air bag. I love this car and am getting another tomorrow. Thirty years accident free, but it can happen, and this car kept me safe and happy as long as I owned and enjoyed it. Highly recommend the Sentra!"

Love my Sentra

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a heavy car...smooth"

Cons: "Gas mileage not as great as was led to believe"

"I have always been a fan of the Sentra and always will be. Great car and very reliable."

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."