2012 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 425 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great value per dollar!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value, comfortable, good on gas, reliable."

Cons: "Would benefit from a 1.6/2.0 Turbo option."

"I have an SL with leather and heated seats and this vehicle is tops for what I paid. Great MPG, enough power for my driving habits, for FWD it is very good in snow. Warms up quick and comfortable. Easy to take longer trips in, plenty of leg/head room and trunk space."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"My Parents bought a Nissan Sentra in 1990 and it lasted well over 17 yrs (until my nephew crashed it) Great car!! I bought my own brand new in 2008 and was surprised with how much it has improved on handling when driving...much sturdier and loved that it came standard with an Auxillary port for my Ipod!! :) It's got great leg room in the back seat as well for passengers and great room in the trunk. I'm enjoy it very much and am thinking of upgrading to the latest model."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Reliable is it's middle name

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage (up to 40mpg)"

"I have a 1999 sentra I bought new which now has 250,000 miles on it. I still drive it 80 miles to work every day. Other than normal maintanence (tires, heating element, belts), I've never had to do a thing to this vehicle. I just bought another one--2012. If you're looking for a small car that's reliable and gets great gas mileage this is the one for you. It's no luxury car, but the interior package is great for its price class (blue tooth, ipod adaptor, remote keyless entry) and it's comfortable. Plenty of leg room. This one also seems to be quite a bit bigger than my old one (I'm going to have to rearrange my garage to get it to fit where my old nissan fit fine). Hoping this one lasts me till retirement!"