2011 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 432 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best Value for a midsize vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, gas saver, quiet, drives great"

Cons: "4 cylinder, no sunroof"

"We get great gas mileage with this vehicle and that is why we picked it. Plus, we have a 2 year old and we didn't want a mini size car. It has a nice cd player with an Ipod adapter plug. Nissans hold their value VERY well. The car is comfortable and spacious for its size. You won't be disappointed!! (unless you were looking for a lot of power) PS, the trunk is very spacious!"

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"My Parents bought a Nissan Sentra in 1990 and it lasted well over 17 yrs (until my nephew crashed it) Great car!! I bought my own brand new in 2008 and was surprised with how much it has improved on handling when driving...much sturdier and loved that it came standard with an Auxillary port for my Ipod!! :) It's got great leg room in the back seat as well for passengers and great room in the trunk. I'm enjoy it very much and am thinking of upgrading to the latest model."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Reliable is it's middle name

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage (up to 40mpg)"

"I have a 1999 sentra I bought new which now has 250,000 miles on it. I still drive it 80 miles to work every day. Other than normal maintanence (tires, heating element, belts), I've never had to do a thing to this vehicle. I just bought another one--2012. If you're looking for a small car that's reliable and gets great gas mileage this is the one for you. It's no luxury car, but the interior package is great for its price class (blue tooth, ipod adaptor, remote keyless entry) and it's comfortable. Plenty of leg room. This one also seems to be quite a bit bigger than my old one (I'm going to have to rearrange my garage to get it to fit where my old nissan fit fine). Hoping this one lasts me till retirement!"

BEWARE the CVT!! On my 3rd transmission

By on Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pros: "Looks great in black w/ chrome wheels"

Cons: "sun visor has limited adjustments, CVT unreliable,"

"Purchased 2007 Sentra brand new. First transmission failed at 10,000 miles"

Love at First Sight and holding strong after 4 yrs

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I loved this car the minute I saw it. I have 115,000 on it at four years and she is still running like a dream. I have not had to do any maintence besides the fluid changes and tires. I love this car!"

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."