2011 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Yes"

Sweet

"Still new ."

Sweet

Good car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "side mirrors & windows too small, poor visibility"

"My husband drives a truck and I drive an Outback. We got this car as a commuter car if one of my husband's jobs was far away and too expensive to drive his truck.The gas mileage is around 30 mpg. A complaint we both have is that it is scary to drive on the Interstate because it is so small. We like the performance and it has enough pep. I do not like the design of the car (my husband thinks I'm nuts-he thinks it's a sharp looking car and comfortable to drive). I don't like the little windows in the back - it's hard to see when I'm backing up and the side mirrors are too small. I REALLY HATE those side mirrors. For such a tiny car I don't trust them when I'm changing lanes, and then the stupid windows in the side doors and back are so stinking small there are blind spots. The crash ratings aren't very good so I really don't like it as a commuter car."

I don't like this car.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Perfect interior size"

Cons: "The ride"

"This car rides like the shock absorbers don't work. The ride is bumpy and shaky, especially over railroad tracks. The interior is roomy. Otherwise the car was perfect for me. It accelerates very well getting on the expressway. The view out of the windows is large enough to see all the traffic especially for backing up. I don't like the car because of the ride. I feel like a bobble head bouncing around over every crack in the pavement."

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Some premature appearance issues

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"My main reason for selling is steering. It doesn't seem to track well. I don't know if its just my car or they are all like this. Wheel covers show premature abrasion. I drive strictly on paved roads at mainly urban speeds rarely exceeding 45 mph. The interior trim on the driver's side around the lower edge of the window has begun to show wear. I would expect such appearance issues to show up at 100000 miles not at 28000 miles. Factory recommends changing the CVT oil at every 60000 mile at a cost of $400 ouch!"

nice car, garbage tires popped 12k miles

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Quick, smooth, cost, comfort"

Cons: "tires stink"

"Love the car, but Nissan has put garbage tires on all 3 cars I have bought from them. Smooth, CVT very responsive for the wonderful driving in the PNW -lots of wonderful curves and hills. They did nothing about the tires, so I refinanced with someone else at a lower rate - saved me $800 which paid for some very nice tires. 2 Sentras (also a '02 bought new), 2 blown right-front tires within 40k. The tires on the versa (only 21k) are going to be replaced as soon as Les Swaub does a sale, I worry about those. Otherwise, I like small Nissans, good car for the money. 31.9 mpg, about 50% on the freeway w cc going"

MOST reliable car EVER

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "great price, easy to maneuver, very reliable, gas"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It is the most dependable and hardy car and has never given me any trouble, has never left me stranded somewhere, has had great gas mileage and just keeps going. I have driven it all over this country, state to state when in graduate school and completing several far far away internships and its gotten me everywhere, even when loaded down with all of my belongings nearly sticking out of the windows. The only thing I have had to do to it is repair the front driver and passenger window motors. Even when a friend gave his best attempt to total it on the interstate, it drove for 2 hours more to get me back home despite the fact that the front of the car was crushed in like a tin can with a busted radiator and non-functional AC. The little thing just kept going! After having a lemon for a Mazda before this car, I couldnt be more thankful that this car has done and is STILL doing so well. Here's to another 5 years with it. I will ALWAYS buy Nissans."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

excellent value

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "price + features = great value"

Cons: "probably not good choice for really tall people"

"comfortable, great features although a bit small for 6'3" partner. Love it for both highway and city performance, maneuverability. Gas mileage okay. Nice looking, inside and out. Large trunk."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive"

"This is my 3rd sentra.Best car i have ever owned. Has nav,heated leather,sat. radio,bluetooth,moon roof,etc.I especially love the intelligent key ,I won't buy a car now without it.Also love the fact that when my seatbelt isnt buckled the car doesnt beep at you.Rides like a mid size car and the engine and transmission work seamlessly together.I just love everything about this car"

salvage title / frame damage

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

"2007 model with 130,000 miles. salvage title, total loss, reported to Autocheck. damage to the rear bumper support.(frame damage). Runs fine"

Best Car Ive Ever Owned 21 cars later

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Pocket Rocket, MPG, Roomy, Acceleration"

Cons: "Only 2 cup holders."

"I traded in my 2006 PT Convertible because I began commuting 300+ miles a month. I found a brand new 2012 SE-R at the dealership for 24K loaded with sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Audio, Navigation, Traction Control all the things you can want. This car gets 27mph city and Ive pulled 40 on the HWY. It averages probably 35mph. Thats with the 2.5L 177HP engine and CVT. If you want the best of all worlds the 2012 SER is the way to go. Besides the 2013 just looks dull in comparison."

Smooth ride, 6 speakers audio system

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Reason: Totalled in wreck with another car.

Pros: "Great resale value"

Cons: "Digital fuel gauge."

"This car is better than the Versa. More like it's bigger brothers the Altima, Maxima, Infiniti G25/35/37 and M35/45/47"

Excellent Reliability

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years. It was a 'demo' car, and had 4,000 miles when I purchased. I have had no issues with it at all. It is always a pleasure to drive, and I can usually fit everything I need in the trunk with the back seat folded down. My previous ride was a truck, so this took some getting used to - but I have been pleased with how much it can do and how much it can carry. I also have a tow hitch on it and move a small boat a couple of times a year. Really nice car and great on gas! It only needs to be fed once a month, which I really love."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Great price and very reliable"

Cons: "None for me"

"I decided to buy this car in 2008 after my brother had a 1990 Sentra that went for more than 300,000 miles. I have put about 77,000 miles on it and it still drives as well as it did when I drove it off the lot. I maintain the engine with my ASE certified mechanic, and it has not put much of a dent in the wallet. I am 6'5" and I have no complaints about comfort. The car also performs well in these New England winters. I highly recommend this car!"

This is the best car I've bought.

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "Affordable"

Cons: "Need rims not hub caps"

"This car is reliable and ride really smooth on the highway with great fuel milage. I definatly recommend this car and give top ratings. I did not think I could afford this car just by looking at it but I was fooled the cost for the vehicle is very affordable. I love the body style and smooth shift. Plenty of storage space and very comfortable."

worst vehicle ever

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "MECHANICAL NIGHTMARE"

"Worst vehicle ever. Continual problems with automatic transmission, mechanical problems that should not occur."

Not happy with my Sentra brought it brand new in

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Buyer beware, read the reviews"

"2007, a month later returned it because service engine soon lihgt came on, happened on several occasions. Radio doesn't work volume at 7 I can barely hear; especially when the heat is on at the same time. Took it back they claimed they replaced the speaker and I still have the same issue. I had to by an ipod to get good sound and use it as my radio in the car. They had to turned the rotors on the breaks 6 months after purchase. I have 2 more payments and I will never buy another Nissan. If you notice when they advertise, they never promote the Sentra. It is a lousy vehicle. Buyers do your homework, and never purchase the first year they come out with a new design. Maybe over the years they have tweaked the Sentra, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I will purchase a car within the next 2 years because of the ongoing issues I have had with my Sentra only 34,500 miles. I purchased a LEMON."

Loved my Versa..traded it for Sentra..mistake

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, sporty looking car, with sunroof"

Cons: "small trunk opening, interior material is cheap"

"I traded in my 2007 Versa for a 2012 Sentra. I loved my Versa, got 40 mpg, could fit anything in the hatchback trunk area. My Sentra's trunk opening is so small that I can't fit much in it. Condensation on my sunroof is leaking and water is coming out of my interior light. My AC fan needs to be replaced. I get 32 mpg. It's so upsetting and it's a NEW car. I should have gotten another Versa."

Great value, fuel efficient,love blue tooth

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"SOLD AT TEST DRIVE, GREAT VALUE,"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "price, accessories, easy to drive, cust. service"

Cons: "none found so far"

"I was getting near the end of my lease on a Toy Corolla. I had certain things in mind that I wanted in my next car and I wanted a purchase. I compaired the civic, corolla, focus, cruze, with the sentra. The sentra came with everything I wanted and more and the closest competitor in price didn't have half the things I wanted and the closest competitor with all the stuff I wanted was $2500 more. All the safety and crach test were pretty equal as was the fuel economy ratings. Lots of leg room and less blind spots than all the other vehicles I have looked at. I have put over 12000 miles on it in just over 8 months and have no complaints. It's a comfortable, quiet ride and all the gadgets are easy to reach and read. Great job Nissan! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking in it's class."