2011 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

adequate vehicle for everyday commute.

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, good interior space"

Cons: "engine lacks horsepower"

"This vehicle is a good everyday commuter. Comfortable, quiet with good interior space. Exterior is nice looking, not flashy, but not old either. Have owned this certified Sentra S for almost 1 year and have no real complaints other than the 140hp engine is somewhat lacking. Overall I would recommend this vehicle for the great gas mileage which I average 35+ mpg."

This is a quality vehicle with power and econemy

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, economical, dependable and fun."

Cons: "Engine has always been a little rattly."

"This car has not had any problems so far and is powerful, smooth and very economical. I am making my final payment in a few days and am glad in my selection. This car is fun to drive and still gets over 30 mpg combined."

Nissan Rules!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality. Nissans run til the end of time."

Cons: "The inner design isn't very stylish."

"For the life of me I can't understand why Honda and Toyota have the reputation for being the longest lasting cars on the road. Every Nissan I've ever driven has gone for years and years with no problems at all. My Sentra has 173,000 miles on it and it has never broken down, and still runs perfect. Others I know who drive Nissan have all had similar experiences. These are the cars to drive if you don't want to deal with mechanical problems or costly repairs. If those are your thing, buy an American car."

Great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "SOUND LOOKS BLAHHH"

"i have owned my car for almost 2 years now. let me just say this...its really reliable and amazing on gas (20 mpg around town) but unfortunately that's all its good for. the gutless 2.0 engine is hardly acceptable (all its built for is gas mileage) and the very interesting not shifting CVT will have you scratching your head because it doesn't shift. the car has gear ratios the smaller it is the faster you go the bigger it is better gas mileage. the car does come equipped with a really good sounding stereo system. Oh yeah enough beats that the car next to you might glance over. The interior of the car is so boring it could literally put you to sleep. now lets move to the back seat i have a 2 year old and this car is our family car. On ever seat in the back it has safty hooks for car seats.....Only one problem tho....um...the back seat is very tiny. seriously NO ONE will be sitting in the back if you have a car seat in the back. And now the trunk! Its amazing super big.. whoopdy-do..... In all honesty i hate my car the way it drives, sounds, looks, and sounds....OOPS did i say that already? i wish i would have gotten something completely different"

Awesome compact sedan with excellent reliability

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Super reliable, good gas mileage, interior is soli"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Bought this car used in 2009, when it was about 2 years old with 30k miles on it. Have driven it as a daily driver for the past 5 years, racking up close to 60k miles on the odometer. We have done regular oil changes and replaced the tires once during that time. Other than that normal scheduled maintenance, we have had to do zero repair work to the vehicle. We love the keyless entry and start with the key fob - literally impossible to lock your keys in the car, and super convenient to keep your keys in your pocket at all times and never have to pull them out. The interior of the car is laid out about as well as you can expect, with great controls for the radio and A/C. Overall, everything you could ask for out of a compact sedan, with excellent reliability, good gas mileage and fun to drive to boot."

2011 Nissan Sentra SL (Bought Used)

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability based on price"

Cons: "Leather seats on some SL models"

"I love my 2011 Sentra SL - Nav sys w/back up camera, bluetooth, sunroof, rear spoiler, chrome trim etc... Due to a partial highway closure around here, the recent traffic on the local roads has constantly been just stop then go then stop... This car still hits avg 30 mpg no matter what - I actually calculated this based on a full gas then next-time-fill-up ratio a few times and not based on the Sentra's calculation. The stereo sounds excellent with embedded equalizer w/6 speakers with the automatic volume control based on the speed. I can hook up iPhone, Android, iPod and/or whatever I can via USB that my 6 year old daughter can even control what she wants to listen to and the volume off of her device that is connected to it while sitting in the rear seat. One thing I do not like it? I've never been a big fan of leather seats... I always feel I'm not settled while driving for some reasons but it came with it. So, it wasn't Nissan's fault since I could go for something else if I wanted to. My son and I play ice hockey and the trunk actually easily holds two full hockey bags w/o even folding the rear seat if you know how big each is. VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) on/off is really helpful if you ever get stuck in mud and/or snow."

Not totally happy with the Sentra

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling is nice."

Cons: "Interior "blind" spots; uncomfortable seats"

"I am not totally satisfied with the Sentra. MPG has never gone beyond 23 MPG. I do not do much highway driving, but expected much more out of the Sentra driving locally. There are a couple "blind" spots on the driver's side between door window and windshield, making it very difficult to see if someone is coming on my left (in my parking lot). A/C Heat vents do not allow A/C heat be directed to me. Seats are very uncomfortable."

nice reliable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

I don't own this car

"Nice car,very affordable"

Amazing vehicle

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Stability and looks"

Cons: "Mirrors- the ones you look to see yourself- brake"

Took picture in February 26,2014

"When I decide it to buy a car I choose a Nissan Sentra 4 doors Sedan (CVT) customize the 2008 car and require 8 miles. The color and all specification I told the dealer ship it want was exactly what expect it. Keeping the maintenance of the car and keeping my car is shape and shinny make me proud to own a Nissan. After 6 years own I still love my car. Shine like is brand new. It is a little bit hard to drive in snow but do the job very well. Stability is amazing and ver smooth. Someone hit my car in the rear and the car can take a hit. They fix everything and look like brand new. I have no problem after incident. Have minor scratches because of the years I have the car. But there are not bump or big scratches that you can see when looking at the car. As customize car I want a sunroof,16 wheel rims, 6 DVD music, in the trunk I have a hiding divider. Splash guards and side guards, spoiler."

Took picture in February 26,2014

This car is designed fabulously!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, controls were at my fingertips"

"It seems a real live adult driver designed the interior to this car. Everything I needed was right at my fingertips. Unfortunately and heartbreaking for me, we were involved in an accident. My Sentra kept me safe from harm, collapsing as it should have. I never even hit the air bag. I love this car and am getting another tomorrow. Thirty years accident free, but it can happen, and this car kept me safe and happy as long as I owned and enjoyed it. Highly recommend the Sentra!"

Love my Sentra

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a heavy car...smooth"

Cons: "Gas mileage not as great as was led to believe"

"I have always been a fan of the Sentra and always will be. Great car and very reliable."

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Yes"

Sweet

"Still new ."

Sweet

Good car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "side mirrors & windows too small, poor visibility"

"My husband drives a truck and I drive an Outback. We got this car as a commuter car if one of my husband's jobs was far away and too expensive to drive his truck.The gas mileage is around 30 mpg. A complaint we both have is that it is scary to drive on the Interstate because it is so small. We like the performance and it has enough pep. I do not like the design of the car (my husband thinks I'm nuts-he thinks it's a sharp looking car and comfortable to drive). I don't like the little windows in the back - it's hard to see when I'm backing up and the side mirrors are too small. I REALLY HATE those side mirrors. For such a tiny car I don't trust them when I'm changing lanes, and then the stupid windows in the side doors and back are so stinking small there are blind spots. The crash ratings aren't very good so I really don't like it as a commuter car."

I don't like this car.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Perfect interior size"

Cons: "The ride"

"This car rides like the shock absorbers don't work. The ride is bumpy and shaky, especially over railroad tracks. The interior is roomy. Otherwise the car was perfect for me. It accelerates very well getting on the expressway. The view out of the windows is large enough to see all the traffic especially for backing up. I don't like the car because of the ride. I feel like a bobble head bouncing around over every crack in the pavement."

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Some premature appearance issues

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"My main reason for selling is steering. It doesn't seem to track well. I don't know if its just my car or they are all like this. Wheel covers show premature abrasion. I drive strictly on paved roads at mainly urban speeds rarely exceeding 45 mph. The interior trim on the driver's side around the lower edge of the window has begun to show wear. I would expect such appearance issues to show up at 100000 miles not at 28000 miles. Factory recommends changing the CVT oil at every 60000 mile at a cost of $400 ouch!"

nice car, garbage tires popped 12k miles

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Quick, smooth, cost, comfort"

Cons: "tires stink"

"Love the car, but Nissan has put garbage tires on all 3 cars I have bought from them. Smooth, CVT very responsive for the wonderful driving in the PNW -lots of wonderful curves and hills. They did nothing about the tires, so I refinanced with someone else at a lower rate - saved me $800 which paid for some very nice tires. 2 Sentras (also a '02 bought new), 2 blown right-front tires within 40k. The tires on the versa (only 21k) are going to be replaced as soon as Les Swaub does a sale, I worry about those. Otherwise, I like small Nissans, good car for the money. 31.9 mpg, about 50% on the freeway w cc going"

MOST reliable car EVER

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "great price, easy to maneuver, very reliable, gas"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It is the most dependable and hardy car and has never given me any trouble, has never left me stranded somewhere, has had great gas mileage and just keeps going. I have driven it all over this country, state to state when in graduate school and completing several far far away internships and its gotten me everywhere, even when loaded down with all of my belongings nearly sticking out of the windows. The only thing I have had to do to it is repair the front driver and passenger window motors. Even when a friend gave his best attempt to total it on the interstate, it drove for 2 hours more to get me back home despite the fact that the front of the car was crushed in like a tin can with a busted radiator and non-functional AC. The little thing just kept going! After having a lemon for a Mazda before this car, I couldnt be more thankful that this car has done and is STILL doing so well. Here's to another 5 years with it. I will ALWAYS buy Nissans."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

excellent value

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "price + features = great value"

Cons: "probably not good choice for really tall people"

"comfortable, great features although a bit small for 6'3" partner. Love it for both highway and city performance, maneuverability. Gas mileage okay. Nice looking, inside and out. Large trunk."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive"

"This is my 3rd sentra.Best car i have ever owned. Has nav,heated leather,sat. radio,bluetooth,moon roof,etc.I especially love the intelligent key ,I won't buy a car now without it.Also love the fact that when my seatbelt isnt buckled the car doesnt beep at you.Rides like a mid size car and the engine and transmission work seamlessly together.I just love everything about this car"

salvage title / frame damage

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

"2007 model with 130,000 miles. salvage title, total loss, reported to Autocheck. damage to the rear bumper support.(frame damage). Runs fine"