2011 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 423 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

2012 Nissan Sentra SR

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Looks, Price, Room, Features"

Cons: "Seat Fabric, No Telescoping Steering Wheel"

"I have had my SR for about 3 weeks now after my beloved 2002 Solara TRD was totalled by an 18 year old new driver. I had considered purchasing the SE-R with the 2.5L engine, but opted for the SR model as it was more economical and had the same body (with sideskirts and smoked headlights/tails). So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I scored a heck of deal since they were trying to move stock because the revamped 2013 is coming out soon. Power is steady and smooth with the torquey 2L engine combined with the CVT. Speaking of the CVT: it took some time to get used to 'no gears', but I am now a fan. Lots of interior room combined with lots of features - heated seats, bluetooth, hands free - really makes it an enjoyable commuter car. I find it very agile, quiet, combined with satifactory power. I think its a love or hate look, both inside and out - of course I am latter. I like the slab sided, chopped rear end,"

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Great price and very reliable"

Cons: "None for me"

"I decided to buy this car in 2008 after my brother had a 1990 Sentra that went for more than 300,000 miles. I have put about 77,000 miles on it and it still drives as well as it did when I drove it off the lot. I maintain the engine with my ASE certified mechanic, and it has not put much of a dent in the wallet. I am 6'5" and I have no complaints about comfort. The car also performs well in these New England winters. I highly recommend this car!"

Best Value for a midsize vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, gas saver, quiet, drives great"

Cons: "4 cylinder, no sunroof"

"We get great gas mileage with this vehicle and that is why we picked it. Plus, we have a 2 year old and we didn't want a mini size car. It has a nice cd player with an Ipod adapter plug. Nissans hold their value VERY well. The car is comfortable and spacious for its size. You won't be disappointed!! (unless you were looking for a lot of power) PS, the trunk is very spacious!"

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive"

"This is my 3rd sentra.Best car i have ever owned. Has nav,heated leather,sat. radio,bluetooth,moon roof,etc.I especially love the intelligent key ,I won't buy a car now without it.Also love the fact that when my seatbelt isnt buckled the car doesnt beep at you.Rides like a mid size car and the engine and transmission work seamlessly together.I just love everything about this car"

Great value per dollar!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value, comfortable, good on gas, reliable."

Cons: "Would benefit from a 1.6/2.0 Turbo option."

"I have an SL with leather and heated seats and this vehicle is tops for what I paid. Great MPG, enough power for my driving habits, for FWD it is very good in snow. Warms up quick and comfortable. Easy to take longer trips in, plenty of leg/head room and trunk space."

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"My Parents bought a Nissan Sentra in 1990 and it lasted well over 17 yrs (until my nephew crashed it) Great car!! I bought my own brand new in 2008 and was surprised with how much it has improved on handling when driving...much sturdier and loved that it came standard with an Auxillary port for my Ipod!! :) It's got great leg room in the back seat as well for passengers and great room in the trunk. I'm enjoy it very much and am thinking of upgrading to the latest model."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Reliable is it's middle name

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage (up to 40mpg)"

"I have a 1999 sentra I bought new which now has 250,000 miles on it. I still drive it 80 miles to work every day. Other than normal maintanence (tires, heating element, belts), I've never had to do a thing to this vehicle. I just bought another one--2012. If you're looking for a small car that's reliable and gets great gas mileage this is the one for you. It's no luxury car, but the interior package is great for its price class (blue tooth, ipod adaptor, remote keyless entry) and it's comfortable. Plenty of leg room. This one also seems to be quite a bit bigger than my old one (I'm going to have to rearrange my garage to get it to fit where my old nissan fit fine). Hoping this one lasts me till retirement!"