2010 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Yes"

Sweet

"Still new ."

Sweet

Good car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "side mirrors & windows too small, poor visibility"

"My husband drives a truck and I drive an Outback. We got this car as a commuter car if one of my husband's jobs was far away and too expensive to drive his truck.The gas mileage is around 30 mpg. A complaint we both have is that it is scary to drive on the Interstate because it is so small. We like the performance and it has enough pep. I do not like the design of the car (my husband thinks I'm nuts-he thinks it's a sharp looking car and comfortable to drive). I don't like the little windows in the back - it's hard to see when I'm backing up and the side mirrors are too small. I REALLY HATE those side mirrors. For such a tiny car I don't trust them when I'm changing lanes, and then the stupid windows in the side doors and back are so stinking small there are blind spots. The crash ratings aren't very good so I really don't like it as a commuter car."

I don't like this car.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Perfect interior size"

Cons: "The ride"

"This car rides like the shock absorbers don't work. The ride is bumpy and shaky, especially over railroad tracks. The interior is roomy. Otherwise the car was perfect for me. It accelerates very well getting on the expressway. The view out of the windows is large enough to see all the traffic especially for backing up. I don't like the car because of the ride. I feel like a bobble head bouncing around over every crack in the pavement."

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Some premature appearance issues

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"My main reason for selling is steering. It doesn't seem to track well. I don't know if its just my car or they are all like this. Wheel covers show premature abrasion. I drive strictly on paved roads at mainly urban speeds rarely exceeding 45 mph. The interior trim on the driver's side around the lower edge of the window has begun to show wear. I would expect such appearance issues to show up at 100000 miles not at 28000 miles. Factory recommends changing the CVT oil at every 60000 mile at a cost of $400 ouch!"

nice car, garbage tires popped 12k miles

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Quick, smooth, cost, comfort"

Cons: "tires stink"

"Love the car, but Nissan has put garbage tires on all 3 cars I have bought from them. Smooth, CVT very responsive for the wonderful driving in the PNW -lots of wonderful curves and hills. They did nothing about the tires, so I refinanced with someone else at a lower rate - saved me $800 which paid for some very nice tires. 2 Sentras (also a '02 bought new), 2 blown right-front tires within 40k. The tires on the versa (only 21k) are going to be replaced as soon as Les Swaub does a sale, I worry about those. Otherwise, I like small Nissans, good car for the money. 31.9 mpg, about 50% on the freeway w cc going"

MOST reliable car EVER

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "great price, easy to maneuver, very reliable, gas"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It is the most dependable and hardy car and has never given me any trouble, has never left me stranded somewhere, has had great gas mileage and just keeps going. I have driven it all over this country, state to state when in graduate school and completing several far far away internships and its gotten me everywhere, even when loaded down with all of my belongings nearly sticking out of the windows. The only thing I have had to do to it is repair the front driver and passenger window motors. Even when a friend gave his best attempt to total it on the interstate, it drove for 2 hours more to get me back home despite the fact that the front of the car was crushed in like a tin can with a busted radiator and non-functional AC. The little thing just kept going! After having a lemon for a Mazda before this car, I couldnt be more thankful that this car has done and is STILL doing so well. Here's to another 5 years with it. I will ALWAYS buy Nissans."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

excellent value

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "price + features = great value"

Cons: "probably not good choice for really tall people"

"comfortable, great features although a bit small for 6'3" partner. Love it for both highway and city performance, maneuverability. Gas mileage okay. Nice looking, inside and out. Large trunk."

See if you qualify for