2009 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 431 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Reliable is it's middle name

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage (up to 40mpg)"

"I have a 1999 sentra I bought new which now has 250,000 miles on it. I still drive it 80 miles to work every day. Other than normal maintanence (tires, heating element, belts), I've never had to do a thing to this vehicle. I just bought another one--2012. If you're looking for a small car that's reliable and gets great gas mileage this is the one for you. It's no luxury car, but the interior package is great for its price class (blue tooth, ipod adaptor, remote keyless entry) and it's comfortable. Plenty of leg room. This one also seems to be quite a bit bigger than my old one (I'm going to have to rearrange my garage to get it to fit where my old nissan fit fine). Hoping this one lasts me till retirement!"

BEWARE the CVT!! On my 3rd transmission

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Looks great in black w/ chrome wheels"

Cons: "sun visor has limited adjustments, CVT unreliable,"

"Purchased 2007 Sentra brand new. First transmission failed at 10,000 miles"

Love at First Sight and holding strong after 4 yrs

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I loved this car the minute I saw it. I have 115,000 on it at four years and she is still running like a dream. I have not had to do any maintence besides the fluid changes and tires. I love this car!"

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."