2009 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

excellent value

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "price + features = great value"

Cons: "probably not good choice for really tall people"

"comfortable, great features although a bit small for 6'3" partner. Love it for both highway and city performance, maneuverability. Gas mileage okay. Nice looking, inside and out. Large trunk."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive"

"This is my 3rd sentra.Best car i have ever owned. Has nav,heated leather,sat. radio,bluetooth,moon roof,etc.I especially love the intelligent key ,I won't buy a car now without it.Also love the fact that when my seatbelt isnt buckled the car doesnt beep at you.Rides like a mid size car and the engine and transmission work seamlessly together.I just love everything about this car"

salvage title / frame damage

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

"2007 model with 130,000 miles. salvage title, total loss, reported to Autocheck. damage to the rear bumper support.(frame damage). Runs fine"

Best Car Ive Ever Owned 21 cars later

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Pocket Rocket, MPG, Roomy, Acceleration"

Cons: "Only 2 cup holders."

"I traded in my 2006 PT Convertible because I began commuting 300+ miles a month. I found a brand new 2012 SE-R at the dealership for 24K loaded with sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Audio, Navigation, Traction Control all the things you can want. This car gets 27mph city and Ive pulled 40 on the HWY. It averages probably 35mph. Thats with the 2.5L 177HP engine and CVT. If you want the best of all worlds the 2012 SER is the way to go. Besides the 2013 just looks dull in comparison."

Smooth ride, 6 speakers audio system

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Reason: Totalled in wreck with another car.

Pros: "Great resale value"

Cons: "Digital fuel gauge."

"This car is better than the Versa. More like it's bigger brothers the Altima, Maxima, Infiniti G25/35/37 and M35/45/47"

Excellent Reliability

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years. It was a 'demo' car, and had 4,000 miles when I purchased. I have had no issues with it at all. It is always a pleasure to drive, and I can usually fit everything I need in the trunk with the back seat folded down. My previous ride was a truck, so this took some getting used to - but I have been pleased with how much it can do and how much it can carry. I also have a tow hitch on it and move a small boat a couple of times a year. Really nice car and great on gas! It only needs to be fed once a month, which I really love."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Great price and very reliable"

Cons: "None for me"

"I decided to buy this car in 2008 after my brother had a 1990 Sentra that went for more than 300,000 miles. I have put about 77,000 miles on it and it still drives as well as it did when I drove it off the lot. I maintain the engine with my ASE certified mechanic, and it has not put much of a dent in the wallet. I am 6'5" and I have no complaints about comfort. The car also performs well in these New England winters. I highly recommend this car!"