2009 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 425 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

BEWARE the CVT!! On my 3rd transmission

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Looks great in black w/ chrome wheels"

Cons: "sun visor has limited adjustments, CVT unreliable,"

"Purchased 2007 Sentra brand new. First transmission failed at 10,000 miles"

Love at First Sight and holding strong after 4 yrs

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I loved this car the minute I saw it. I have 115,000 on it at four years and she is still running like a dream. I have not had to do any maintence besides the fluid changes and tires. I love this car!"

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

Best Car Ive Ever Owned 21 cars later

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Pocket Rocket, MPG, Roomy, Acceleration"

Cons: "Only 2 cup holders."

"I traded in my 2006 PT Convertible because I began commuting 300+ miles a month. I found a brand new 2012 SE-R at the dealership for 24K loaded with sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Audio, Navigation, Traction Control all the things you can want. This car gets 27mph city and Ive pulled 40 on the HWY. It averages probably 35mph. Thats with the 2.5L 177HP engine and CVT. If you want the best of all worlds the 2012 SER is the way to go. Besides the 2013 just looks dull in comparison."

Great value, fuel efficient,love blue tooth

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"SOLD AT TEST DRIVE, GREAT VALUE,"

2nd sentra I've owned 1st was 2008 now have 2011

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Price, dealers"

Cons: "fit and finish, had doors, trunk lid adjusted"

"fit and finish was not as good as the 08 but the ride is the same or better, mpg on 2011 is unreal last trip 356 miles averaged 42.5 mpg, I do hyper-milage drive but it is a great little car especially with the lifetime warranty on the drive train, also got it with 0.0 percent interest rate"

Love muh car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Handles AMAZINGLY, looks great, spacious, 17s"

Cons: "No back cup holders, no fold down rear seat, FWD"

Just purchased.

"Honestly, if you're looking between a Spec V and a Civic SI, go with the Spec V. You can't beat the 2.5 litre 4, and the bottom end torque it pulls over the Civic. Obviously just my opinion, but I think it looks way better too. I've had it for a year now, and am the second owner, and I still have a lot of fun with it. The engine has a really good note when you pull it a bit too. I noticed some people didn't like the location of the shifter (Nissan calls it "rally style"), but I think it's pretty convenient. The stereo has a pretty good sound too with 6 speakers, including tweeters in the front and 6x9s in the back. The computer read-out of MPGs/average speed/miles driven/time driven is handy as well. Oh yeah, if you're not sure if it's really that fast: a buddy of mine had a Speed6 (think turbo AWD) and we went out and played one day. He was surprised how well I kept up with him through some windies and getting on the highway. He beat me on the drag once I heard his AWD clunk into action, but it was always fun messing with him."

Just purchased.

Fantastic and Reliable, Very Pleased (46000 miles)

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great CVT transmission, Comfortable"

"I purchased this car new in mid 2009. In approximately 30 months I have put 46000 miles on it. The only maintenance I have done on the vehicle has been regular oil changes at every 4500-6000 miles. At this point the tires still have tread, brake pads and rotors are still in great condition. The car still drives very well like it did on day 1. I love the CVT transmission. I usually don't notice the CVT, unless on the rare occasions I'm driving somebody else's car and I definitely notice that they don't have CVT. The sound quality of the entertainment system is great for a base model sedan. I am currently looking to sell the vehicle and I am shocked at the resale value. I purchased it at $15,800, and it's private property value is $11,500. For the number of miles I have put on that car, that is very good. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to other buyers."