2008 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Good starter car for the reckless teenager

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Very spacious interior, easy to drive, cheap maint"

Cons: "louder road noise, bumpy, drum brakes on rear"

"There is nothing particularly special about this vehicle. It will go from point A to point B with no problem. The vehicle is very large on the inside where my 6 foot fiance can sprawl out with plenty of room to spare. Gas mileage I average about 24mpg and can get 32highway mpg. It is very quick with CVT transmission and certainly doesn't miss a beat when you need it. Normal wear and tear is inevitable and as far as defects I would say there isn't really any. I would recommend this car to someone who needs a commuter car or is looking to be very price consciences."

Comfortable and Smooth, but Dull

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reason: Trade-Up

Pros: "Smooth ride, low cost"

Cons: "Road noise, boring to drive, iffy build quality"

"If you need a car, and you can find yourself a relatively low mileage Sentra, I can't say you shouldn't get one. You'll get a car that's inexpensive to own and operate, yet has really good ride quality. Still, there are some things that irked me about this car. First off, I had an issue with a leak from the outside in. It turns out that whatever glue they used to hold this car together (yes, that's correct) cracked causing a leak which soaked the floor in the back when it rained. Little plastic and rubber parts here and there, especially on the outside, began to fall off or come loose, and one of the back speakers buzzed occasionally. Driving this thing is about as exciting as shopping for socks. The ride quality is good, but it's not going to plow through a turn or accelerate with any urgency. The turning radius on this car is competitive with a house...I couldn't make u-turns to save my life. Also, road noise is atrocious. I found myself cranking up the radio just to hear it going 55 MPH. That being said, if you're looking for something inexpensive that goes A to B, you probably won't find anything that has a better ride."

Excellent ride, good gas mileage, I like the car.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, mileage, response time."

Cons: "No Cruise control :("

"For the basic of "basics", this Nissan is a Great Car. It has no options however, I have always liked Nissans. The ride is smooth, the mileage is very reasonable, there is plenty of room for 5 adults, the trunk space is amazing also. On the freeway it is a nice, quiet, smooth ride. The response for needing to "GO" or pass, is excellent. I have nothing bad to say about this car. It was a gift but if I were out looking to buy a car and my finances were limited, I would definitely consider buying this car."

I like my Nissan very much.. Good solid ride.

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "great color and handles well"

Cons: "no navigator"

"A great car. Looking at whats out there for new technology, if any"

Wonderful Car

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Great Gas Miles, Strong car"

Cons: "No GPS or Heated side windows"

"Amazing car, So far I receive a lots of offer to sell my car but I know better, not to sell. 2008 Nissan made this Sentra the best car compare with new models. Very Strong and smooth ride, comfortable and sport design. I bought my car customize even though I have to pay more money, was worth it. only one accident, behind driver hit me in the back and the Nissan took the hit very well. Strong car. After fixing I have no problems at all, is just like new. Car still shine like brand new because of care I give it. Every time I change the oil in the car, there are impress of how well I have taking car of the car. Wonderful gas miles. Car has power I have the CVT engine and I love it.I wish the car came with GPS and Heated side windows. Over all Love this car."

CVT Not What It Seems.

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, economical, well equipped"

Cons: "CVT, Washer Nozzles in the Cold"

"So I have had my Sentra Special Edition for over two years now. The majority of the car I love. Not real keen on the headlights, but that was not a deal breaker for me. I bought the car primarily for the GPS and navigation functions. I didn't want the distraction that would come with using my smartphone. That said, it is your base mode nav, and I probably could have gotten a cheaper price if I would have skipped the nav. My biggest issue with this car is the mismatch between the awesome 2.0 Ltr. engine, and the CVT. Our other car is a Prius, so I was somewhat used to a CVT transmission and expected similar results. After driving the car for close to 40,000 miles now, I would not own another CVT. The above description that you will save gas is very dependent on your driving style and conditions. E.G. if you are the type that likes to punch it and feel the horses under the hood, or you have to hit the gas to merge into traffic, the engine will out run the transmission every time. It will slip and you will find yourself at close to 6,000 RPMs only to be waiting for the transmission to stop whining and catch up to the engine, which will usually happen around 75 to 85 MPH, and only after you step out of the gas to allow it to catch up. Once you are there the transmission performs as expected. The other area with the transmission that you will have to get used to is how it breaks the car's forward motion as you come to a stop. To describe it is like the transmission goes into low gear and you are almost lunging forward as you come to a stop. You almost have to drive it to understand the sense you get. I took mine to the dealer within a month to ask if this was normal, and was told there is nothing wrong with your car. Funny my Prius doesn't lung. There is one additional point you may consider if you live in an area where the cold can get and stay around or below freezing. If so, know that the windshield washer nozzles will freeze, and stay frozen when you are driving. This can be a safety concern, especially when you are driving in snow and ice, or in thawing conditions where your windshield is covered with salt spray, or ice melt. Kinda hard to keep it clean if you can't get windshield washer fluid on the windshield. Otherwise, I like my car. A dealer called my over the holiday to ask if I would trade it in, and I responded no. So that should be some indication of the cars performance. I average around 30 miles per gallon even when I punch it. It handles very well, and can corner extremely tight, so much so it took some getting used to."

Excellent overall car - easy to drive, very comfor

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "East driving - comfortable - good acceleration - g"

Cons: "CVT transmission - just not thrilled with it."

"Bought this car used with about 44,000 miles on it, from a dealer's website. The car had been completely detailed, and looked and felt new. I like everything about this car except... the CVT transmission. I still prefer the old standard 4-speed automatic or best of all, the standard 4-5 speed stick shift.I've driven it twice New York to Texas, and once to California and back - comfortable to ride and drive. Good visibility. good mileage at better than 32mpg on the road. Will drive next week to Texas again, return after January 1 2015. Like the current (2012-2014 style changes better than the 2009 style). Looking to trade for a new one, or a low-mileage used car. Years ago, I had a Honda Accord with a 4-speed - was the best car I ever had. Maybe this one will approach that standard."

I love to drive it..

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"It hurts my back getting out of it. but it is a great car as far as driving, great gas milage.. I am selling it because it is. to small for a older person."

Good vehicle - too many rattles

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration."

Cons: "Rattles, blind spot between front and side windows"

"This is my second Nissan and I will not buy another. It drives well, has good acceleration, but does not heat or cool very fast and has some very annoying rattles. Considering how much I paid for this car, it should not rattle. I bought both brand new. Never another Nissan."

Very average car, nothing special

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "It runs well! Has a good sized trunk."

Cons: "Very poor visibility, too many blind spots."

"I truly dislike this car for many reasons, but the foremost reason is the poor visibility and numerous blind spots. My second item of dislike is the dashboard. The dials are very difficult to read during the day. The orange glow of the nighttime is not very pleasant either. The floor carpets finally had to be removed from the driver's side due to their constant movement under the accelerator. It has been reliable, however, and that is a plus"