2008 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 422 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

2012 Nissan Sentra SR

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Looks, Price, Room, Features"

Cons: "Seat Fabric, No Telescoping Steering Wheel"

"I have had my SR for about 3 weeks now after my beloved 2002 Solara TRD was totalled by an 18 year old new driver. I had considered purchasing the SE-R with the 2.5L engine, but opted for the SR model as it was more economical and had the same body (with sideskirts and smoked headlights/tails). So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I scored a heck of deal since they were trying to move stock because the revamped 2013 is coming out soon. Power is steady and smooth with the torquey 2L engine combined with the CVT. Speaking of the CVT: it took some time to get used to 'no gears', but I am now a fan. Lots of interior room combined with lots of features - heated seats, bluetooth, hands free - really makes it an enjoyable commuter car. I find it very agile, quiet, combined with satifactory power. I think its a love or hate look, both inside and out - of course I am latter. I like the slab sided, chopped rear end,"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "price, accessories, easy to drive, cust. service"

Cons: "none found so far"

"I was getting near the end of my lease on a Toy Corolla. I had certain things in mind that I wanted in my next car and I wanted a purchase. I compaired the civic, corolla, focus, cruze, with the sentra. The sentra came with everything I wanted and more and the closest competitor in price didn't have half the things I wanted and the closest competitor with all the stuff I wanted was $2500 more. All the safety and crach test were pretty equal as was the fuel economy ratings. Lots of leg room and less blind spots than all the other vehicles I have looked at. I have put over 12000 miles on it in just over 8 months and have no complaints. It's a comfortable, quiet ride and all the gadgets are easy to reach and read. Great job Nissan! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking in it's class."

The car grows on you!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, convenience package a must, and bluetooth!"

Cons: "Sunvisors and small trunk."

"Get the SR with bluetooth and convenience package and you'll be set. Bluetooth very very handy while driving. If own a smartphone, impossible to make calls w/o bluetooth. Convenience package enables you to get in the car and start it without touching your key fob. Even getting in the trunk! Nice mp3 hookup--to your phone with music or I put an XM radio from Radioshack in it. Very good mileage--34-38 on highway--depending if air is on and speed. If you punch the accelerator, it will growl and go! Flaws: the sunvisor (too big and bulky), the CD holder above the radio won't fit CD's and close (relatively useless for anything), one power outlet stays on while car off and other stays off, and trunk size is small. But all in all, still a good buy!"

Sentra number five, I'm a owner for life!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Great value for your money!"

Cons: "Haven't found one."

"Great value for your dollar. It's comfortable and performs well for what it is, which is a reasonably priced high quality car. This years Special Edition has everything but leather seats, which to me is unnecessary, I prefer cloth seating. My first was an old, small Sentra. I traded up when they got bigger and will continue to drive one till Nissan changes it to something I don't like."

nice car, garbage tires popped 12k miles

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Quick, smooth, cost, comfort"

Cons: "tires stink"

"Love the car, but Nissan has put garbage tires on all 3 cars I have bought from them. Smooth, CVT very responsive for the wonderful driving in the PNW -lots of wonderful curves and hills. They did nothing about the tires, so I refinanced with someone else at a lower rate - saved me $800 which paid for some very nice tires. 2 Sentras (also a '02 bought new), 2 blown right-front tires within 40k. The tires on the versa (only 21k) are going to be replaced as soon as Les Swaub does a sale, I worry about those. Otherwise, I like small Nissans, good car for the money. 31.9 mpg, about 50% on the freeway w cc going"

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Great price and very reliable"

Cons: "None for me"

"I decided to buy this car in 2008 after my brother had a 1990 Sentra that went for more than 300,000 miles. I have put about 77,000 miles on it and it still drives as well as it did when I drove it off the lot. I maintain the engine with my ASE certified mechanic, and it has not put much of a dent in the wallet. I am 6'5" and I have no complaints about comfort. The car also performs well in these New England winters. I highly recommend this car!"

Best Value for a midsize vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, gas saver, quiet, drives great"

Cons: "4 cylinder, no sunroof"

"We get great gas mileage with this vehicle and that is why we picked it. Plus, we have a 2 year old and we didn't want a mini size car. It has a nice cd player with an Ipod adapter plug. Nissans hold their value VERY well. The car is comfortable and spacious for its size. You won't be disappointed!! (unless you were looking for a lot of power) PS, the trunk is very spacious!"

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive"

"This is my 3rd sentra.Best car i have ever owned. Has nav,heated leather,sat. radio,bluetooth,moon roof,etc.I especially love the intelligent key ,I won't buy a car now without it.Also love the fact that when my seatbelt isnt buckled the car doesnt beep at you.Rides like a mid size car and the engine and transmission work seamlessly together.I just love everything about this car"

Great value per dollar!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value, comfortable, good on gas, reliable."

Cons: "Would benefit from a 1.6/2.0 Turbo option."

"I have an SL with leather and heated seats and this vehicle is tops for what I paid. Great MPG, enough power for my driving habits, for FWD it is very good in snow. Warms up quick and comfortable. Easy to take longer trips in, plenty of leg/head room and trunk space."

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"My Parents bought a Nissan Sentra in 1990 and it lasted well over 17 yrs (until my nephew crashed it) Great car!! I bought my own brand new in 2008 and was surprised with how much it has improved on handling when driving...much sturdier and loved that it came standard with an Auxillary port for my Ipod!! :) It's got great leg room in the back seat as well for passengers and great room in the trunk. I'm enjoy it very much and am thinking of upgrading to the latest model."

Great car, no problem ever, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"My only complaint is it is very sporty car and a low rider but it handles extremely well and the only expense has been routine oil changes,tires. No problems with engine. Large tru k space for such a small car."

Reliable is it's middle name

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage (up to 40mpg)"

"I have a 1999 sentra I bought new which now has 250,000 miles on it. I still drive it 80 miles to work every day. Other than normal maintanence (tires, heating element, belts), I've never had to do a thing to this vehicle. I just bought another one--2012. If you're looking for a small car that's reliable and gets great gas mileage this is the one for you. It's no luxury car, but the interior package is great for its price class (blue tooth, ipod adaptor, remote keyless entry) and it's comfortable. Plenty of leg room. This one also seems to be quite a bit bigger than my old one (I'm going to have to rearrange my garage to get it to fit where my old nissan fit fine). Hoping this one lasts me till retirement!"

Love at First Sight and holding strong after 4 yrs

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I loved this car the minute I saw it. I have 115,000 on it at four years and she is still running like a dream. I have not had to do any maintence besides the fluid changes and tires. I love this car!"

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Has not let me down yet!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, excellent safety features"

Cons: "sun visors do not fit car, no automatic seats"

"I purchased this car brand new with only 7 miles on it. It now has almost 57,000 miles (2.5 years later). I am just now in need of new tires and breaks. The stock ones from the factory lasted longer than I expected; especially with the harsh winters, dirt roads, and town driving in Pennsylvania. My Sentra averages 40 mpg on each tank of gas to this day. I do an equal mix of town and highway driving. My main complaints about this car are (1) the sun visor on the driver side hits the rear view mirror when its down. So, I either have to turn my mirror completely sideways to where I can't use it in order to put visor all the way down, or lay it across the mirror and hunch down so my head isn't hitting it. It's a very compact car not well-suited for a 6 foot tall husky man for sure! And (2), the fuel door to get to the gas cap is flimsy and needs replaced for the second time. After so many open and closes, it stops aligning correctly and gets jammed and bent out of shape. I have noticed that several other Nissan Sentras in my area have banged up gas covers as well, so it is probably a "Sentra thing" and not a 2011 model thing. My overall rating of this car is a 9 because I have not broken down anywhere, no electrical problems, drives well in all weather, and gets good gas mileage. I didn't give it a 10 because the seats start to feel hard after about 2 hours on the road and the rear view mirror is a hassle. I would probably buy another Nissan in the future."

Great Car For The Money

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

"I love my Sentra. I bought it brand new in 2011 fully loaded with navigation, sunroof, XM Radio everything. You won't believe how much you can pack in that little car. I was driving a Nissan Pathfinder and was tired of paying for the gas for it. So I was going to look at a Maxima at the Nissan dealer, but then the Sentra caught my eye. Couldn't believe the price I got it for. I've now had it for a little over two years now and I still love it. I also still get many comments from people on how much they like it. I have several people in line that want to buy it whenever I decide to get rid of it but I don't think that will happen anytime soon."

Best Car Ive Ever Owned 21 cars later

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Pocket Rocket, MPG, Roomy, Acceleration"

Cons: "Only 2 cup holders."

"I traded in my 2006 PT Convertible because I began commuting 300+ miles a month. I found a brand new 2012 SE-R at the dealership for 24K loaded with sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Audio, Navigation, Traction Control all the things you can want. This car gets 27mph city and Ive pulled 40 on the HWY. It averages probably 35mph. Thats with the 2.5L 177HP engine and CVT. If you want the best of all worlds the 2012 SER is the way to go. Besides the 2013 just looks dull in comparison."

Great value, fuel efficient,love blue tooth

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"SOLD AT TEST DRIVE, GREAT VALUE,"

2nd sentra I've owned 1st was 2008 now have 2011

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Price, dealers"

Cons: "fit and finish, had doors, trunk lid adjusted"

"fit and finish was not as good as the 08 but the ride is the same or better, mpg on 2011 is unreal last trip 356 miles averaged 42.5 mpg, I do hyper-milage drive but it is a great little car especially with the lifetime warranty on the drive train, also got it with 0.0 percent interest rate"

Love muh car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Handles AMAZINGLY, looks great, spacious, 17s"

Cons: "No back cup holders, no fold down rear seat, FWD"

Just purchased.

"Honestly, if you're looking between a Spec V and a Civic SI, go with the Spec V. You can't beat the 2.5 litre 4, and the bottom end torque it pulls over the Civic. Obviously just my opinion, but I think it looks way better too. I've had it for a year now, and am the second owner, and I still have a lot of fun with it. The engine has a really good note when you pull it a bit too. I noticed some people didn't like the location of the shifter (Nissan calls it "rally style"), but I think it's pretty convenient. The stereo has a pretty good sound too with 6 speakers, including tweeters in the front and 6x9s in the back. The computer read-out of MPGs/average speed/miles driven/time driven is handy as well. Oh yeah, if you're not sure if it's really that fast: a buddy of mine had a Speed6 (think turbo AWD) and we went out and played one day. He was surprised how well I kept up with him through some windies and getting on the highway. He beat me on the drag once I heard his AWD clunk into action, but it was always fun messing with him."

Just purchased.

Fantastic and Reliable, Very Pleased (46000 miles)

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great CVT transmission, Comfortable"

"I purchased this car new in mid 2009. In approximately 30 months I have put 46000 miles on it. The only maintenance I have done on the vehicle has been regular oil changes at every 4500-6000 miles. At this point the tires still have tread, brake pads and rotors are still in great condition. The car still drives very well like it did on day 1. I love the CVT transmission. I usually don't notice the CVT, unless on the rare occasions I'm driving somebody else's car and I definitely notice that they don't have CVT. The sound quality of the entertainment system is great for a base model sedan. I am currently looking to sell the vehicle and I am shocked at the resale value. I purchased it at $15,800, and it's private property value is $11,500. For the number of miles I have put on that car, that is very good. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to other buyers."

Reliable Fun, Fast and Sexy

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fast , Comfortable, Low cost of ownership, Quiet"

Cons: "Engine Power, More power outlets"

"I have Special Edition of 2012 Sentra with NAV. I love the way this car handles on any type of road. Road Noise is very minimal, way better then both 2011 CIVIC SI and 2010 Toyota Corolla. Interior is also better looking and more comfortable then both of its competitors. I love the NAV, stereo system and USB hookup for IPOD. Lots of room to haul kids around with all kind of Junks in the Trunk. Engine and Transmissions are very quiet and gears shift like charm. I plan to keep this vehicle till it dies. My wife loves the ride and over it gives us 32mpg on City and around 41 on HWY on a mid grade gas."

very spacious for its size

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, spacious, can fit family of 5."

Cons: "no cons."

"I bought this vehicle as a replacement for an SUV, when the prices of gas hit $5.00 in some areas of California. The first thing that amazed me was how easily I was able to fit my 3 children's car seats in the rear seats. You'll also find plenty of leg room, without sacrificing trunk space ( I still don't know how Nissan accomplished this ). and it's very comfortable, it retains its value pretty good. and haven't replaced a single mechanical part (knock on wood) since I bought it in 2008. not too much acceleration is the only bad news, but hey, I bought this car for the economical aspects, so I guess that was my choice."