2008 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Excellent overall car - easy to drive, very comfor

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "East driving - comfortable - good acceleration - g"

Cons: "CVT transmission - just not thrilled with it."

"Bought this car used with about 44,000 miles on it, from a dealer's website. The car had been completely detailed, and looked and felt new. I like everything about this car except... the CVT transmission. I still prefer the old standard 4-speed automatic or best of all, the standard 4-5 speed stick shift.I've driven it twice New York to Texas, and once to California and back - comfortable to ride and drive. Good visibility. good mileage at better than 32mpg on the road. Will drive next week to Texas again, return after January 1 2015. Like the current (2012-2014 style changes better than the 2009 style). Looking to trade for a new one, or a low-mileage used car. Years ago, I had a Honda Accord with a 4-speed - was the best car I ever had. Maybe this one will approach that standard."

I love to drive it..

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"It hurts my back getting out of it. but it is a great car as far as driving, great gas milage.. I am selling it because it is. to small for a older person."

Good vehicle - too many rattles

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration."

Cons: "Rattles, blind spot between front and side windows"

"This is my second Nissan and I will not buy another. It drives well, has good acceleration, but does not heat or cool very fast and has some very annoying rattles. Considering how much I paid for this car, it should not rattle. I bought both brand new. Never another Nissan."

Very average car, nothing special

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "It runs well! Has a good sized trunk."

Cons: "Very poor visibility, too many blind spots."

"I truly dislike this car for many reasons, but the foremost reason is the poor visibility and numerous blind spots. My second item of dislike is the dashboard. The dials are very difficult to read during the day. The orange glow of the nighttime is not very pleasant either. The floor carpets finally had to be removed from the driver's side due to their constant movement under the accelerator. It has been reliable, however, and that is a plus"

Loved driving this car - but felt the bumps! (A-)

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Reason: needed larger vehicle

Pros: "Easy comfortable ride - lots of interior space."

Cons: "Trunk only opened manually. Felt all the bumps."

"I bought this car at the end of 2008 - just before the gov't began offering tax incentives to buy vehicles ... darn! Kept it for about 6 years. Anyway - I always loved this car, except for the fact that when driving in the city or any area where the roads weren't in great shape, you could feel every bump. Didn't bother me as much at first, but now that I'm in my 60's started to bother me. I also didn't like that despite being 2nd tier trim, the trunk only opened manually - not by the key-less entry remote. I always got great fuel mileage of at least 25 mpg and more on the road. I was always amazed by how much I could fit into the car if need be. For Example, my wife and I bought new kitchen cabinets that were boxed. We were able to fit all the cartons (the cabinets were not completely set up) into the car with a bit of room to spare. The guys at the cabinet store thought we were crazy trying to fit it all in, but then apologized after the fact when they saw how easily it all fit in. The car was great on long trips - very comfortable to drive for long hours. And if I wanted to take a snooze, very comfortable to pull off the road and lay the seats back to relax. A cinch to park - Great vehicle for city driving & parking Carried my large dog comfortably in the back seat. The rear seats folded 60/40 - only they didn't lay completely flat. Had no trouble fitting lumber, etc in the car - and if it was really too long, just kept the trunk open with a flag on the stuff sticking out. Soundproofing was pretty good - didn't hear trucks blaring next to us on the road and could easily carry on conversations and on the phone w/o issue. Great visibility - except for a blind spot or 2 on drivers side back window. Only major work needed was that after 45,000 miles (4 1/2 yrs) - I needed to replace the front struts/shocks which were about $700. The bumps really felt awful at that point, so I should've realized there was a problem. Only other major expense I had was replacing all four tires in 2012, all 4 brake drums in 2012 and the battery in 2013. Also the fog lights went a couple of times and were more expensive than I thought they'd be to have done. Other than that never had to bring it in for any service except for the brakes and oil changes - and warranty replacement of air stem sensors. Minor things began to go shortly after warranty ended, example a couple buttons on the radio - which were impossible to locate. The a/c heater fan, didn't kick in as easily after warranty ended, but still worked fine. Also - had to replace (under warranty) the air stems which let you know pressure was low. Brakes were obviously rusted from the get-go (you could see it from outside). The cheap plastic wheel covers - were especially a problem if I bumped the tires against curb - broke easily. With all the larger vehicles on the road (SUVs) I finally decided to sell the car so I could get something bigger so it was easier to see in front of me, otherwise I'd still have it today. I was able to sell it for $8500 w/o a problem - and that was after having 2 accidents, one of which required frame repair in back which impacted resale value."

Saves gasoline money can run 36mpg on highways

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "easy to maintain and more room at parking lots"

Cons: "not too spacious"

"very satisfied"

Really reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "So worth the price"

"I have really enjoyed this car and only need to upgrade because I need a newer model with a back up camera."

adequate vehicle for everyday commute.

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, good interior space"

Cons: "engine lacks horsepower"

"This vehicle is a good everyday commuter. Comfortable, quiet with good interior space. Exterior is nice looking, not flashy, but not old either. Have owned this certified Sentra S for almost 1 year and have no real complaints other than the 140hp engine is somewhat lacking. Overall I would recommend this vehicle for the great gas mileage which I average 35+ mpg."

This is a quality vehicle with power and econemy

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, economical, dependable and fun."

Cons: "Engine has always been a little rattly."

"This car has not had any problems so far and is powerful, smooth and very economical. I am making my final payment in a few days and am glad in my selection. This car is fun to drive and still gets over 30 mpg combined."

Nissan Rules!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality. Nissans run til the end of time."

Cons: "The inner design isn't very stylish."

"For the life of me I can't understand why Honda and Toyota have the reputation for being the longest lasting cars on the road. Every Nissan I've ever driven has gone for years and years with no problems at all. My Sentra has 173,000 miles on it and it has never broken down, and still runs perfect. Others I know who drive Nissan have all had similar experiences. These are the cars to drive if you don't want to deal with mechanical problems or costly repairs. If those are your thing, buy an American car."