2007 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 405 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Not what nissan used to be. My last nissan.

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Two vehicles in a row that were bad first I bought the 2004 Nissan Sentra after 2 years it developed a random transmission problem that will not accelerate the car in drive after you stand on a light took it to the dealer they were not able to figure the problem out talked with the dealer figured it was a bad piece may be dealer said trade it in for this new sentra 2007 it is just as junk. In 5 years the TPMS and transmission has been replaced. TPMS gets activated by cell phone towers. The break line connectors are rusting. It is junk. This is my last nissan; never again I am buying a nissan. I think since Renault has bought the company it has made nissan just as junky as itself."

great overall car, enjoyable to the max

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Cons: "passenger seat can not change sitting height"

"I have really enjoyed the car. It hugs the road at high speeds easy to control, take off power is terrific, if you need that extra boost of speed for any reason this vehicle will increase fast and not with the drag that can be felt with some cars. So easy to maintain at high speeds on the interstate that it is so very fun to drive"

Great value

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "fun and efficient to drive"

"Very well designed car. Lots of room and comfort."

Just OK

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"The care is cheaply built and drives just ok. Gets me where I need to go."

Love muh car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Handles AMAZINGLY, looks great, spacious, 17s"

Cons: "No back cup holders, no fold down rear seat, FWD"

Just purchased.

"Honestly, if you're looking between a Spec V and a Civic SI, go with the Spec V. You can't beat the 2.5 litre 4, and the bottom end torque it pulls over the Civic. Obviously just my opinion, but I think it looks way better too. I've had it for a year now, and am the second owner, and I still have a lot of fun with it. The engine has a really good note when you pull it a bit too. I noticed some people didn't like the location of the shifter (Nissan calls it "rally style"), but I think it's pretty convenient. The stereo has a pretty good sound too with 6 speakers, including tweeters in the front and 6x9s in the back. The computer read-out of MPGs/average speed/miles driven/time driven is handy as well. Oh yeah, if you're not sure if it's really that fast: a buddy of mine had a Speed6 (think turbo AWD) and we went out and played one day. He was surprised how well I kept up with him through some windies and getting on the highway. He beat me on the drag once I heard his AWD clunk into action, but it was always fun messing with him."

Just purchased.

Love this car

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, lots of room, easy to maintain"

"4 years and 38000 miles and not one problem. Drives well, AC is awesome, rear window defroster has come in handy multiple times and works AMAZING. Easy to anchor carseat in back seat. Tons of room without being too big. HUGE trunk space. Gret gas milage. Totally recomend."

Reliable car.

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

"It's a great car that has more trunk room than I expected. I'm able to place my full-size stroller inside without having to turn it some wierd angle. Plenty of head room as well. I've own this car for about two years now (bought it new) and have had no mechanical issues. I also take it in for all of its routine services. One thing I really like is inside the armrest/console is a place you can plug in your ipod or mp3 device and it keeps it out of the way so there are no unsitely cords strung account across your shifter. The only problem I can see is that the slightest touch in your steering wheel will have your car drifting into another lane. Nothing wrong with it; it's just sensitive."

Great Car!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Backseat size"

"We love our Sentra ("Jude"). We've had it for a few years now and never had a problem with it. Aside from the few recalls, Jude is still running strong and never had any mechanical issues. We get 32 mpg. It accelerates well. Our only beef is with the backseat size. We just had our first kid and it's a little cramped!"

Sport, classy, and economical

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking vehicle; great MPG"

Cons: "Wind and road noice a bit loud"

"Owned this car since new in 2008. We love this car. I saw another reviewer hit a deer with her car, and we experienced the same. Although it took a month to get the undercarriage clean, this car only experienced minor damage; even though we hit the deer at 60 mph. Must be the aerodymanics :-) We average 33mpg (probly could do better, but I tend to push it a bit). The only downside is the road noise is a bit loud. We were able to dramatically reduce the noice by putting some good quality Goodyear tires on it, but still the wind noise is a bit loud."

Great quality, performance, and overall features.

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, features, lot of room"

Cons: "none!"

"I've had this car for about a year now and I absolutely love it! For being a small car, it has so many great features in it that I almost feel spoiled! The inside is very roomy compared with how it looks from the outside and there are so many compartments that store even more. The acceleration on it is amazing and for being a 4 cylinder, it goes suprisingly quick. I got into an accident with it a few months ago also. I hit a huge deer going about 65 mph and the impact was not bad AT ALL. Definitely kept me safe and I am blessed to have it! You can definitely tell this car was made very well and its number one priority was safety."

a very nice not-compact car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "good feul economy, great pick-up"

Cons: "rear seat cup holders in a bad place"

"Great on gas mileage. Runs smooth on the highways at high speeds. Bluetooth and steering wheel controls are very handy. The heat is ready within minutes which is nice on cold winter mornings. The read-out display for MPG or fuel left or trip time are very easy to use. Trunk is extra huge, with secret compartment space. Back seats flip down for very large storage needs. Great commuter car and great for a family of 4. Needs cup holders in the back seat when 3 kids are in back, otherwise nice design. Runs like a charm."

2012 Sentra SR Special Edition

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, excellent quality, fast"

Cons: "center console armrest does not extend."

"If you are looking for a compact sedan and want the most bang for your buck, then the Nissan Sentra is the car for you. Fun to drive, lots of power, best in class quality... the list goes on and on!"

Great car for the price

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Good price, room inside, looks nice, good MPG"

Cons: "Center arm rest is set too far back"

"Pros: I really like the car. It has a lot of room inside and drives nice for a small car. I get around 32 MPG with a combination of in town and highway driving. CVT transmission is smooth in warm weather. Cons: I had the same problem as many others where the rear end was out of allignment and the dealership had to install a shim kit. Another issue is in the cold Iowa weather the CVT transmission takes a long time to warm up and run normal RPMs."

A great value

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "compact, economical, attractive, lg glove compart"

Cons: "cup holders hard to clean, neck rest uncomfortable"

"I really appreciate this car. It may not be a high powered 6-digit valued car but it picks up and goes when I need to get out of sticky situations. It's just the right size for my daily commutes to and from school and work. It is quiet, the standard stereo has great sound and a nice aux in connection so it works with changing technology. My car has in-stereo bluetooth which is very easy to use and the controls are on the steering wheel so that if I have to communicate, I can do so without taking my eyes off the road (because I can also set particular numbers which I verbally tell the bluetooth to dial). My radio/cd controls are also on the steering wheel. For a small compact car, this car really serves my purposes. And, it's so cute!"

fantastic car , very happy with sentra

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, reliable, solid, great mpg"

"I have owned this vehicle since 2008. It is fantastic. Has been very reliable. Has good ergonomics and is very comfortable to drive around town and on long trips. The gas mileage is right on the money , about 24mpg around town and about 30 mph on the highway. Solid car after 43000 miles. Most of my driving is on the roads of Fairfield County Connecticut, which are horrible roads loaded with potholes. This car is as solid today as the day I took delivery, which speaks highly of the construction and workmanship. If you are thinking about buying one of these cars, do not hesitate, it is a great vehicle. Only suggestion I would make is that Nissan raise the height of the center console armrest."

Reliable car.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage."

Cons: "no automatic start, no daylight running lights."

"This is my second car and my first brand new car. I was looking for an affordable and reliable car to drive with my new baby. I needed a sedan since my husband owns a muscle two-door car. Nissan never called my attention but I needed a affordable, reliable car and I found this on the Sentra. I used to have an European car and I could tell you that these cars are extremely complicated, expensive to repair, and unreliable. I had my nissan for over 2 years now and never I had a check engine light, the brakes are excellent and the gas mileage is very decent. I drive 30 miles daily with constant stop-and-go on the I-95 and a full tank will last me about 2 weeks. I love the back up camera feature and the sound system is good. I gave 4 out of 5 on driving, quality and interior mostly because I'm used to driving American cars (husband's) that use better quality materials and better steering. overall the Sentra is very reliable and a great family sedan."

Awesome car! Only one minor problem so far...

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "affordable, reliable, economical"

Cons: "too compact, no way to adjust steering wheel"

"I have had this vehicle for over a year now. I have only had one minor problem with my car so far. I have the keyless entry and keyless start in my car and I had a few times where it wouldn't work. After a few trys, I changed the key fob battery and it has been fine ever since. The battery obviously drains in the key fob very quickly because you have to use it all the time. Otherwise, the car has been great! It is very reliable and great on gas mileage. Overall, the 2008 Nissan Sentra is a great car!"

The last Nissan I will buy

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "It's a lemon - tires are bad for 08's"

"I have had this car for 4 years and am now faced with buying a 5th set of tires. The dealership cannot tell me what is wrong with this car. They question whether I rotated enough ect ..... I am looking to trade this lemon in and try American again."

basic transportation

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "No trunk release on remote"

"When you purchase a 2012 Nissan Sentra S, without the convenience package be advised that the remote control doesn't open the trunk. You have to use the key to open the trunk. The remote that comes with it will lock and unlock doors. Why couldn't they have added a button for trunk release? It seems like Nissan is going backwards in technology."

BUY A HONDA INSTEAD!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Reason: Junk

Pros: "Better than advertised mpg, good sound on stereo"

Cons: "Everything rattles, bumpy ride, cupholders poor"

"I bought a new '11 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V because it was the only trim level available with any options and a manual transmission. I have driven Nissan's CVT's and they are horrible so I didn't want an automatic. Right off the lot this car's interior squeaked and rattled. It had a misfire at idle that the dealer couldn't detect because there wasn't a check engine light on. The cupholders are worthless. The seats were comfy, but they sacrificed the front legroom so they could claim good rear legroom. The shifter is in an awkward location and the shifts are notchy at best. The windshield was cheap and had several defects in the glass. The EPA rating was 28 on the highway, but I consistently got 31-32 mpg. The brakes leave a lot of dust on the rims. This thing rides like a tank. Every bump reverbs through the cabin. No stereo controls on the steering wheel is a hassle with the nav and sat radio. I wish I would have purchased a Civic SI instead. I traded this car back to the dealer for tbe car I traded in within 3k miles. I had a 2004 Sentra that went 250k miles with very few issues so I don't know what happened to Nissan in the years between, but the quality has declined. Buy a Honda or Toyota and save yourself the heartache."

Fantastic and Reliable, Very Pleased (46000 miles)

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great CVT transmission, Comfortable"

"I purchased this car new in mid 2009. In approximately 30 months I have put 46000 miles on it. The only maintenance I have done on the vehicle has been regular oil changes at every 4500-6000 miles. At this point the tires still have tread, brake pads and rotors are still in great condition. The car still drives very well like it did on day 1. I love the CVT transmission. I usually don't notice the CVT, unless on the rare occasions I'm driving somebody else's car and I definitely notice that they don't have CVT. The sound quality of the entertainment system is great for a base model sedan. I am currently looking to sell the vehicle and I am shocked at the resale value. I purchased it at $15,800, and it's private property value is $11,500. For the number of miles I have put on that car, that is very good. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to other buyers."

Definately a car to get!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Good price, plenty of room, and rides great."

"I love my car. It offers everything I need and was very reasonably priced. The interior is very roomy and offers plenty of storage space from little to big. I can actually fit comfortably in the trunk with extra room. Yes, I tried. The sound system that comes standard with it absolutely ROCKS, as well as the Aux input for your Ipod. I've had others drive my car and everyone has commented on how great it handles and rides, and I have to agree. I have a little bit of a commute to work and it's my favorite time of day. Just me and my Sentra."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "great price, smooth ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no power seats"

"I have two little girls that i constantly am driving around and I love how safe and comfortable I feel driving them in this car. I have never had any problems nor do I see myself having issue with this vehicle in the future. This is hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned!"

very good

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "good mileage and pick up"

Cons: "little small"

"I originally bought it for my mother who was 80 years old. She loves the car because of the no key feature. She could leave keys in purse and was able to unlock and start the car. She like the drivabily of the car. It is fairing quick and get excellent mileage. very dependable"

Love It!

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Reliable, reasonably priced. Have not had any problems with it! Looks great too!"