2007 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 425 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Very good reliability

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"The overall rating is 5 stars, the only bad thing is the MPG. Eventhough it doe's not get what the sticker saids around 33,32 more like 28 to 30. That is driving 70 80 mph."

great car but there may be better

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"this was my new car and i really like it. we traded in an 04 grand prix gtp for it due to gas mileage and my wife can see out of the sentra better. pros: pretty good on gas, comfortable, quiet, good value for what the average everyday driver needs, good reputation for reliability, and lifetime powertrain warranty. cons: the electric steering sucks when on the hwy, it tends to act like it is out of alignment but isnt and when turning in somewhere and letting go of the wheel to straighten back up it like bounces back and forth and you have to learn to hold on the the wheel and let the wheel come back slowly , the armrest is too low and set back to far, the interior is nissan like (cheap silver painted stuff), keyless entry requires you to be like 15 feet from the car for it too work, the stock speakers lack the highs (sounds a lil muddy) and gas cap is on passenger side (i just hate that myself lol) other than those small cons it is an excellent car."

By on Saturday, August 08, 2009

"This is a good compact car.Which is good on gas. This car has lots of room. 4 passengers can sit comfortable. Front seats are good for your back support. The seats ajust. I had this car 3 years. And I still love it. I highly recommend this to all. My car has blue tooth in it,plus antilock brakes,alloy wheels & extra wide tires which is good for more control of the car. Good value for the money. Nissan is a good product. These cars can last along time. SO BUY ONE TODAY! FROM SUNDANCE"

Love the way it drives!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Love how it drives and the smoothness of the transmission!!! Excellent!!! The seats are very comfortable for driving long trips. It has lots of back seat leg room! Love the car overall!"

Great little car

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I am an SUV guy, but was forced to buy a "fuel efficient" car due to my drive to work. It was between a Honda Civic and the Nissan Altima, until I came across the Sentra which I call a shrunken Altima. Great little car with a decent back seat which I need for my little boys. Nice trunk space. Great Air conditioning (I live in AZ). The 4 banger engine has some pep and I like the new transmittion Nissan came out with that you can't feel the gear change. Handles nicely and great on gas!! I feel safe in it as well."

The car that thought it could

By on Saturday, September 20, 2008

"when originally engineering the sentra, The main concern was fuel economy. what they came up with was a concept of a bug shaped car with mediocre fuel economy and slow responsive handling. Toyota's corolla has a much more sleek disign, much better fuel economy, overall more space and a better value. i paid 19,500 for my nissan sentra in october of 2007, today on kelley blue book it is worth only 11,550. i get roughly about 22 miles per gallon in the city and about 26 in the city. now the sentra does have a very nice interior but is a little cluttered. My recommendation is if you are on a budget go with the corolla, but if you can afford the SE-R it is a completely better choice than the base model or s model. I love nissans and despise toyotas but I have to give it to them on this one."

could mine be a lemon?

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I purchased the Sentra R Spec V over the civic due to more horses... should have kept my stance with my husband and made him get a honda. after one month, started having 'hesitation' issues, per dealer, seems to be a misfire somewhere, but when i took it in, they could not replicate issue. drove good for two weeks, then back to square one. I want a Civic!! I hope I have some recourse on this. Never thought Nissan could make lemons."

LOOOOOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I bought this car in Dec 2006 and I have been in love ever since I love all the features inside bluetooth, handsfree audio, aux cable for Ipod, leather interior and so much more like the innovative CVT transmission. It is such a great ride and so much fun to drive and it has great handling, and the gas mileage is wonderful. and I always feel safe. I was rear-ended twice in this car in the same month sustained over $7,500 in damages and never had 1 injury both times and the second time I was hit; the car that hit me had to be going 50 mph or more. I think this car is a great value, has great features, fun to drive and safe too....."

Amazing car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"Purchased the car in September 2007. Rides good. Great gas mileage (31-33 MPG). Very practical car for commuting, groceries, and anyone thinking of future family needs. Only beefs I have with car are the tire light indicator whenever a sudden cold spell hits. You have to get the tires aired up to ensure the lights stay off. Also with fact there are only two key entries (driver's side and trunk). It also can take a pounding, but is real sensitive when it comes to paint and debris messing with it. After being a Dodge driver and fan for 30 years, this car has won me over to Nissans. 13,000 miles so far."

Greatest car!

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "CVT not everything it should have been."

"I LOVE this car - and I hope to always keep it. Top of the line racing model of an economy car - best of both worlds. After 4+ years and 57k+ miles, the only thing that has gone wrong with it was a known CVT defect, which was amended by adding a transmission fluid cooler. Otherwise, flawless record, great performance, beautiful styling, surprisingly peppy."

I don't like this car.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Perfect interior size"

Cons: "The ride"

"This car rides like the shock absorbers don't work. The ride is bumpy and shaky, especially over railroad tracks. The interior is roomy. Otherwise the car was perfect for me. It accelerates very well getting on the expressway. The view out of the windows is large enough to see all the traffic especially for backing up. I don't like the car because of the ride. I feel like a bobble head bouncing around over every crack in the pavement."

Loved my Versa..traded it for Sentra..mistake

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, sporty looking car, with sunroof"

Cons: "small trunk opening, interior material is cheap"

"I traded in my 2007 Versa for a 2012 Sentra. I loved my Versa, got 40 mpg, could fit anything in the hatchback trunk area. My Sentra's trunk opening is so small that I can't fit much in it. Condensation on my sunroof is leaking and water is coming out of my interior light. My AC fan needs to be replaced. I get 32 mpg. It's so upsetting and it's a NEW car. I should have gotten another Versa."

Proud owner of a 2012 Sentra! I love it!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable price, awesome commuter car in everyway"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"This was my first brand new car. I can't think about one bad thing to say about it. I'm getting an average mpg rating of 32 which is better than I expected. The seats are comfortable and the bumps in the road have a "cushiony" feel to them. It has plenty of get up and go. It also looks very modern! The only thing I wish is that the 2.0S model came with fog lights and push button start. Otherwise, I couldn't ask for anything more!! I chose this over a Corolla. Nissan clearly did something right with this vehicle and I'll be buying another Nissan after this."

A good car for the $$$

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, starting price, low cost to maintain"

Cons: "base model is very basic"

"This car will get you where you need to go very economically. Smooth but slow acceleration with the continuous variable transmission. The car rides a little rough and you feel every bump in the road due to its light weight. The car is finished out well and has enough trunk space to take on trips for 2."

Not what nissan used to be. My last nissan.

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Two vehicles in a row that were bad first I bought the 2004 Nissan Sentra after 2 years it developed a random transmission problem that will not accelerate the car in drive after you stand on a light took it to the dealer they were not able to figure the problem out talked with the dealer figured it was a bad piece may be dealer said trade it in for this new sentra 2007 it is just as junk. In 5 years the TPMS and transmission has been replaced. TPMS gets activated by cell phone towers. The break line connectors are rusting. It is junk. This is my last nissan; never again I am buying a nissan. I think since Renault has bought the company it has made nissan just as junky as itself."

Great value

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "fun and efficient to drive"

"Very well designed car. Lots of room and comfort."

Sport, classy, and economical

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking vehicle; great MPG"

Cons: "Wind and road noice a bit loud"

"Owned this car since new in 2008. We love this car. I saw another reviewer hit a deer with her car, and we experienced the same. Although it took a month to get the undercarriage clean, this car only experienced minor damage; even though we hit the deer at 60 mph. Must be the aerodymanics :-) We average 33mpg (probly could do better, but I tend to push it a bit). The only downside is the road noise is a bit loud. We were able to dramatically reduce the noice by putting some good quality Goodyear tires on it, but still the wind noise is a bit loud."

Great quality, performance, and overall features.

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, features, lot of room"

Cons: "none!"

"I've had this car for about a year now and I absolutely love it! For being a small car, it has so many great features in it that I almost feel spoiled! The inside is very roomy compared with how it looks from the outside and there are so many compartments that store even more. The acceleration on it is amazing and for being a 4 cylinder, it goes suprisingly quick. I got into an accident with it a few months ago also. I hit a huge deer going about 65 mph and the impact was not bad AT ALL. Definitely kept me safe and I am blessed to have it! You can definitely tell this car was made very well and its number one priority was safety."

Great car for the price

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Good price, room inside, looks nice, good MPG"

Cons: "Center arm rest is set too far back"

"Pros: I really like the car. It has a lot of room inside and drives nice for a small car. I get around 32 MPG with a combination of in town and highway driving. CVT transmission is smooth in warm weather. Cons: I had the same problem as many others where the rear end was out of allignment and the dealership had to install a shim kit. Another issue is in the cold Iowa weather the CVT transmission takes a long time to warm up and run normal RPMs."

A great value

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "compact, economical, attractive, lg glove compart"

Cons: "cup holders hard to clean, neck rest uncomfortable"

"I really appreciate this car. It may not be a high powered 6-digit valued car but it picks up and goes when I need to get out of sticky situations. It's just the right size for my daily commutes to and from school and work. It is quiet, the standard stereo has great sound and a nice aux in connection so it works with changing technology. My car has in-stereo bluetooth which is very easy to use and the controls are on the steering wheel so that if I have to communicate, I can do so without taking my eyes off the road (because I can also set particular numbers which I verbally tell the bluetooth to dial). My radio/cd controls are also on the steering wheel. For a small compact car, this car really serves my purposes. And, it's so cute!"

Reliable car.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage."

Cons: "no automatic start, no daylight running lights."

"This is my second car and my first brand new car. I was looking for an affordable and reliable car to drive with my new baby. I needed a sedan since my husband owns a muscle two-door car. Nissan never called my attention but I needed a affordable, reliable car and I found this on the Sentra. I used to have an European car and I could tell you that these cars are extremely complicated, expensive to repair, and unreliable. I had my nissan for over 2 years now and never I had a check engine light, the brakes are excellent and the gas mileage is very decent. I drive 30 miles daily with constant stop-and-go on the I-95 and a full tank will last me about 2 weeks. I love the back up camera feature and the sound system is good. I gave 4 out of 5 on driving, quality and interior mostly because I'm used to driving American cars (husband's) that use better quality materials and better steering. overall the Sentra is very reliable and a great family sedan."

Awesome car! Only one minor problem so far...

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "affordable, reliable, economical"

Cons: "too compact, no way to adjust steering wheel"

"I have had this vehicle for over a year now. I have only had one minor problem with my car so far. I have the keyless entry and keyless start in my car and I had a few times where it wouldn't work. After a few trys, I changed the key fob battery and it has been fine ever since. The battery obviously drains in the key fob very quickly because you have to use it all the time. Otherwise, the car has been great! It is very reliable and great on gas mileage. Overall, the 2008 Nissan Sentra is a great car!"

We love this car!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage."

Cons: "No cup holders in back seat."

"This is the first Nissan we've ever owned and we have been extremely pleased with it. It gets great gas mileage, is comfortable to drive and ride in, and we've had no problems with it whatsoever."

great first car!

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "None!"

"This is the first car that I have bought on my own and I am so glad that I did! I drive about 250 miles a week and it really is great for commuting. I get 33 MPG on average with mixed highway/city driving. The interior is SO comfortable! My tall friends can fit in it and not feel cramped. It does okay in the snow, I got new tires this year so I think that will help with the snow. The CVT transmission is really nice. Sometimes engine noise is a little loud because of it, but I don't notice it that much. Overall if you have a long commute, this car will serve you well. :)"

Best in class

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Exceptional ride quality with a comfortable cabin"

Cons: "Only one power outlet"

"This has been an excellent vehicle. I rent cars in the compact size frequently and believe the Sentra to be best overall in its class. The ride quality exceeds all others in its class. Handling could be better. The interior has a clean design with a comfortable cabin. Great on long or short hauls and economical. The interior controls for climate control, radio, and other functions are deisigned well and function flawlessly especially the heating and cooling functions. Overall a great buy."