2007 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 422 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

purchased 2010 CPO for 4G under KBB, w/ 16,500 mi

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "good car for the money, save $ if you go CPO instead of brand new"

Cons: "aux issue with stereo (see review below)"

"I got the SL version with rockford fosgate speakers, backup cam, VDC, traction control, sliding sun roof, and spoiler. On my 3rd sentra (had 07 base, 08 sub S) my 07 had tree land on it - totaled, my 08 got rear ended by pick up truck - totaled. Excellent rear collision safety, truck was going 35mph. Never had any issues, I bought extended wrap warranty with $100 deductible so I never have to worry about anything breaking. The only bad thing I noticed with my SL model is that during the morning until car warms up the stereo likes to keep switching to aux mode on its own."

BEWARE the CVT!! On my 3rd transmission

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "Looks great in black w/ chrome wheels"

Cons: "sun visor has limited adjustments, CVT unreliable,"

"Purchased 2007 Sentra brand new. First transmission failed at 10,000 miles"

Love my Sentra- all around great car

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"I bought my Sentra brand new in 2007, since then I've put around 40k miles on it. I love the new body style, the colors, the interior is laid out great, keyless entry is a lifesaver & the ipod outlet is an awesome feature that even my husband's Mercedes doesn't have! We've been on many road trips in the car, including one with 2 people in the back and about a weeks worth of luggage for 4 in the trunk for 7+ hours and everyone was comfortable. As of today August 16, '10 it cost me $33 to fill up and driving around the city, that will last me up to 12 days. Even though about 2 weeks after I bought the car I was rear ended by someone going 60 mph, the car wasn't totaled & I didn't get whiplash or any pains.. I would say it is a pretty safe car. To this day I've had no problems with the frame of the car. I JUST had to buy a new battery a week ago & will need new tires soon, but I've been driving it for about 3.5 years with no problems! I intend on paying the car off & keeping it as long as I can.. I love it."

Love this car

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"I bought this 2010 Nissan Sentra S for my daughter who has just graduated from college. We love this car! The convenience package is awesome. Features we really love are the Bluetooth, direct IPOD connection and keyless entry. It is so nice not worry about her holding on to a cell phone! She actually drives with two hands again! She loves how quiet and smooth the ride is! Now her Mom is thinking about getting one! No reason to spend additional dollars on an Altima or Maxima. Also I am tall at 5'9" and feel very comfortable in front or back seat. Excellent so far! Can't rate mechanics yet because it is still too new."

Great for commuting

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"I bought this car because I had a 2008 Jeep Wrangler (piece of junk and horrible gas milage) and I needed a reliable car to get to and from work. I purchased it in September 2008 and the only problem I had was with the power window switch, I had to have it replaced. Other than that it's a great car, comfortable, great gas milage, very reliable, lots of options, I would definetly recommend this car."

Sentra SL beats Corolla XLE

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"Check it out for yourself. The Sentra SL is much bigger inside than the Corolla or Civic & has way more features included. While it may not handle quite as well if you're going racing, if you just drive it every day like me, you'll love that it is so quiet & rides way better than the other two cars. The one I just purchased had an MSRP of $19.580. with floor mats & mud guards, but I got it for $17,122. before the $750. rebate from Nissan finance & I was still able to get the 1.9% financing for 60 months. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! All for the price of a base Corolla, which makes it all the sweeter. See for yourself!"

NISSAN DELIVERS

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Yes I looked at american subcompacts,and my goodness there is no comparisons.American subcompacts are well built like garbage...Sorry to say but reality is what it is.....Youll have ford people here beating on nissan and honda,chevy people trying to lift american garbage(subcompact) to a level of superiority...The fact is they cannot compete at this level..so disreguard the fictionial talk...the nissan 2010 sentra and years that preceeded this year,are superb and rule!!reliability is not even close for a discussion...so trust what you want...the NISSAN sentra is the utmost...GEEEZ the good old american car manufactures try real hard and fall real short...for this category NISSAN RULES...drive a sentra and see what Im speaking of"

Good daily driver

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I've had this car now for about 6 months and have almost 15000 miles on it and haven't had one issue. The interior looks and feels expensive and is worlds better than my old Ford Focus interior. It has alot of space inside too. When you get in, you feel like your riding in a bigger car. Standard 6 speaker stereo is clear with enough bass to enjoy most of my music choices. I like the styling over the Honda Civic styling. I really like the CVT tranny. At highway speeds, it runs about 200-400 less RPMs over my old 4 speed auto in the Focus which helps save gas. It also has alot more torque in the low end and at passing speeds. Handling is pretty good too. I wish it had a little less body roll. Steering has a nice weighted feel. I replaced the stock steel wheels and tires when I got my car. I put alloys and General Altimax HP tires on and that helped improve grip and reduced road noise. Breaking is good as well. All in all its a pretty good car. Best I've owned so far. I wish the engine had about 10-15 more horsepower in the mid-top end but if you want more horsepower then go with the SE-R. I almost bought that over the S model but there was about a $3000 price difference and I don't like all black interior. My girlfriend has the same S model as I do but she has about 21000 miles on hers and she hasn't had any issues with her's. Also, I average 29mpg in the city and about 33 mpg on the highway. I drive about 85% city and 15% highway. I switched out the stock air filter with a K&N filter and I run synth. oil. So, I'm pretty happy with my purchase so far."

not that hot

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"i'm a large man and the comfort is excellent, the road noise is very loud when driving , my main gripe is the handling in the snow (chicago)it s very poor my last car a 99 chevy cavilier handled excellent and much better in the snow,this sentra slides all over and in bad weather i really dont feel safe,as far as the sliding and traction i get.the interior does scratch or scuff easily but is laid out very handy..a true 21 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway....if it wasnt for the safety i would have rated it higher"

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I just bought this car in 2008 and so far so good. I shopped around for a car for a while, I previously owned a 2001 Nissan Maxima that proved to be a lemon from day 1. I just switched over to the sentra and have no complaints so far. The only thing I am dissapointed with is the back. I have a toddler and sometimes if another person is in the front seat he is uncomfortable with his feet right on top of the seat. Overall its a great car just for the 2 of us. I would recommend this car to anyone with a small family of no more than 3."

Love my Sentra

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a heavy car...smooth"

Cons: "Gas mileage not as great as was led to believe"

"I have always been a fan of the Sentra and always will be. Great car and very reliable."

Excellent Reliability

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years. It was a 'demo' car, and had 4,000 miles when I purchased. I have had no issues with it at all. It is always a pleasure to drive, and I can usually fit everything I need in the trunk with the back seat folded down. My previous ride was a truck, so this took some getting used to - but I have been pleased with how much it can do and how much it can carry. I also have a tow hitch on it and move a small boat a couple of times a year. Really nice car and great on gas! It only needs to be fed once a month, which I really love."

great overall car, enjoyable to the max

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Cons: "passenger seat can not change sitting height"

"I have really enjoyed the car. It hugs the road at high speeds easy to control, take off power is terrific, if you need that extra boost of speed for any reason this vehicle will increase fast and not with the drag that can be felt with some cars. So easy to maintain at high speeds on the interstate that it is so very fun to drive"

very good

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "good mileage and pick up"

Cons: "little small"

"I originally bought it for my mother who was 80 years old. She loves the car because of the no key feature. She could leave keys in purse and was able to unlock and start the car. She like the drivabily of the car. It is fairing quick and get excellent mileage. very dependable"

Don't buy this Car!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"I can't keep this car out of the shop. It has been in the shop 6 times in less than 1 year due to the airbag system malfunctioning. The ABS system makes loud bumping noises when you start off driving. I was told this was due to where the ABS actuator was located. Insurance is higher on this vehicle than my American made car that costs twice as much. Very dissatified with this vehicle. Will never own another one!"

I will buy my lease.

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Some have mistaken my black Sentra for a Cadillac CTS."

Cons: "Interior lighting is from one over head bulb."

"Good value for the money. I like the smooth transmission. The paint for the trim and wheel rims is wearing off after 36 months. But, driving on the beach can do that."

A Great Car

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Steering well a bit choppy."

"I bought this car with 51,000 miles on it and it drives and handles great. It looks like a new car. I love the bluetooth feature. I previously owned an 2002 Olsmobile Alero but it was horrible. This car was a step up. Great gas mileage and handles very well."

I Love my car!

By on Thursday, June 02, 2011

Pros: "little upkeep, excellent gas saver"

Cons: "the tire pressure reader drives me crazy in winter"

"I purchased my Sentra to drive something other than a Honda. I am glad I chose this car. I can't live without the instruments telling how many miles I have before I have to fill up, average miles, etc. Car runs great. I haven't had any problems-maintenance free since I purchased the car-2008. I have gone on trips over 400 miles and I make it to my destination without having to fill up. When we take my husband's sedan, we have to fill up almost twice! The Sentra allows me the mobility to zip through traffic with a feeling of security and ease."

Love this car

By on Friday, May 27, 2011

Pros: "space"

"This car gets great gas mileage and is always reliable. The only thing I would complain about is the interior. The fabric on the seats is kinda cheap and wears down quickly. Overall a great commuter car for me!"

Great mpg

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"I purchased my '11 Sentra SR new in January. I never planned on buying a Nissan product, but after test driving new Toyota's, Honda's and Mazda's, I thought this was the best deal for the price and the great mpg I was looking for. I already have over 9,000 miles on it and I am very pleased with my purchase. My commute to work everyday is 60+ miles, and I have been on a few long road trips. This Sentra is very comfortable and fun to drive. I average 33 mpg and it has great performance on the highway. The only thing it lacks is take off performance from a dead stop. My last car was a BMW so maybe my expectations are a little too high?"

Not sure yet

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"2011 Sentra with 10 miles on it and it has a big noise coming from THE ABS brake control unit....when you first start out , there is a wump,wump,wump,wump, ...Took it back to the dealer,,they contacted NISSON AND they said that they were aware of some units making this noise in the ABS system,,,BUT THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD NOT REPLACE THE NOISY UNIT, THAT I WOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT...I PRICED A NEW UNIT TO SEE IF I COULD AFFORD TO REPLACE IT MY SELF,,PARTS SAID $ 1500. dollars,,,SO BACK TO NISSON I WENT ,,AS OF4-14-2011 Iam waiting for a answer....THis my 3 rd Nisson and depending on what help comes may be time to move on to some thing else....."

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"I bought this car new in 08 with 26 miles on it.I now have 38000 on it I have no complaints at all .I have expierienced no problems at all and the average mpg is about 28 however i have gotten as high as 40 mpg on the highway.however with 4 peple in it the highway is about 34 mpg . the sentra is aheavier car than the corolla by about 300 pounds and has a lot more cabin space ,soI think it competes very well."

Good overall compact car

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"If the purpose for getting a new vehicle is small, fuel efficient and comfortable, then this new Sentra fits the bill. I got a good price on mine and well equipped. I have the 2.0 SR which came with traction control and bluetooth for about $17k. Took it CA from AZ with 4 yo. and a 10 month old and no complaints from either of them. And as expected, we took a lot of baby stuff including a play pen and a stroller and it all fit. Its not a fast car but it is very nimble. I was able to try it on CA mountain roads and it handled it very well."

2007 sentra

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Bought this brand new in 07. I currently have 104,500 on it. Gas milage is around 29 combination city/hwy. I can get 31 if I lighten up on the gas pedal. I had to replace the enging at 70k. Two cylnders went bad, coincendance it was just after the warrenty expired. Nissan could not give a reason for the breakdown. All maintenance was performed. Still I think it is a good little car. I would highly recommend the package with the bluetooth. It runs quietly and smoothly and I have no problems with doing 80 + (escept for the State police). Wish they would extend their warrenties like several other manufactors are doing."

Great car for the cost.

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I worked at Nissan for 3 years as a mechanic and will say the 2008 Sentra is one of the best cars I have own. It's small and my not have alot of power but is a great little family car while it could still be good for a college student. And Shell gas is awesome in it, I drive all week for more than half the day and the tank needs filled only once at the end of the week."