2007 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Excellent overall car - easy to drive, very comfor

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "East driving - comfortable - good acceleration - g"

Cons: "CVT transmission - just not thrilled with it."

"Bought this car used with about 44,000 miles on it, from a dealer's website. The car had been completely detailed, and looked and felt new. I like everything about this car except... the CVT transmission. I still prefer the old standard 4-speed automatic or best of all, the standard 4-5 speed stick shift.I've driven it twice New York to Texas, and once to California and back - comfortable to ride and drive. Good visibility. good mileage at better than 32mpg on the road. Will drive next week to Texas again, return after January 1 2015. Like the current (2012-2014 style changes better than the 2009 style). Looking to trade for a new one, or a low-mileage used car. Years ago, I had a Honda Accord with a 4-speed - was the best car I ever had. Maybe this one will approach that standard."

I love to drive it..

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"It hurts my back getting out of it. but it is a great car as far as driving, great gas milage.. I am selling it because it is. to small for a older person."

Good vehicle - too many rattles

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration."

Cons: "Rattles, blind spot between front and side windows"

"This is my second Nissan and I will not buy another. It drives well, has good acceleration, but does not heat or cool very fast and has some very annoying rattles. Considering how much I paid for this car, it should not rattle. I bought both brand new. Never another Nissan."

Very average car, nothing special

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "It runs well! Has a good sized trunk."

Cons: "Very poor visibility, too many blind spots."

"I truly dislike this car for many reasons, but the foremost reason is the poor visibility and numerous blind spots. My second item of dislike is the dashboard. The dials are very difficult to read during the day. The orange glow of the nighttime is not very pleasant either. The floor carpets finally had to be removed from the driver's side due to their constant movement under the accelerator. It has been reliable, however, and that is a plus"

Loved driving this car - but felt the bumps! (A-)

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Reason: needed larger vehicle

Pros: "Easy comfortable ride - lots of interior space."

Cons: "Trunk only opened manually. Felt all the bumps."

"I bought this car at the end of 2008 - just before the gov't began offering tax incentives to buy vehicles ... darn! Kept it for about 6 years. Anyway - I always loved this car, except for the fact that when driving in the city or any area where the roads weren't in great shape, you could feel every bump. Didn't bother me as much at first, but now that I'm in my 60's started to bother me. I also didn't like that despite being 2nd tier trim, the trunk only opened manually - not by the key-less entry remote. I always got great fuel mileage of at least 25 mpg and more on the road. I was always amazed by how much I could fit into the car if need be. For Example, my wife and I bought new kitchen cabinets that were boxed. We were able to fit all the cartons (the cabinets were not completely set up) into the car with a bit of room to spare. The guys at the cabinet store thought we were crazy trying to fit it all in, but then apologized after the fact when they saw how easily it all fit in. The car was great on long trips - very comfortable to drive for long hours. And if I wanted to take a snooze, very comfortable to pull off the road and lay the seats back to relax. A cinch to park - Great vehicle for city driving & parking Carried my large dog comfortably in the back seat. The rear seats folded 60/40 - only they didn't lay completely flat. Had no trouble fitting lumber, etc in the car - and if it was really too long, just kept the trunk open with a flag on the stuff sticking out. Soundproofing was pretty good - didn't hear trucks blaring next to us on the road and could easily carry on conversations and on the phone w/o issue. Great visibility - except for a blind spot or 2 on drivers side back window. Only major work needed was that after 45,000 miles (4 1/2 yrs) - I needed to replace the front struts/shocks which were about $700. The bumps really felt awful at that point, so I should've realized there was a problem. Only other major expense I had was replacing all four tires in 2012, all 4 brake drums in 2012 and the battery in 2013. Also the fog lights went a couple of times and were more expensive than I thought they'd be to have done. Other than that never had to bring it in for any service except for the brakes and oil changes - and warranty replacement of air stem sensors. Minor things began to go shortly after warranty ended, example a couple buttons on the radio - which were impossible to locate. The a/c heater fan, didn't kick in as easily after warranty ended, but still worked fine. Also - had to replace (under warranty) the air stems which let you know pressure was low. Brakes were obviously rusted from the get-go (you could see it from outside). The cheap plastic wheel covers - were especially a problem if I bumped the tires against curb - broke easily. With all the larger vehicles on the road (SUVs) I finally decided to sell the car so I could get something bigger so it was easier to see in front of me, otherwise I'd still have it today. I was able to sell it for $8500 w/o a problem - and that was after having 2 accidents, one of which required frame repair in back which impacted resale value."

Saves gasoline money can run 36mpg on highways

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "easy to maintain and more room at parking lots"

Cons: "not too spacious"

"very satisfied"

Really reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "So worth the price"

"I have really enjoyed this car and only need to upgrade because I need a newer model with a back up camera."

adequate vehicle for everyday commute.

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, good interior space"

Cons: "engine lacks horsepower"

"This vehicle is a good everyday commuter. Comfortable, quiet with good interior space. Exterior is nice looking, not flashy, but not old either. Have owned this certified Sentra S for almost 1 year and have no real complaints other than the 140hp engine is somewhat lacking. Overall I would recommend this vehicle for the great gas mileage which I average 35+ mpg."

This is a quality vehicle with power and econemy

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Smooth, economical, dependable and fun."

Cons: "Engine has always been a little rattly."

"This car has not had any problems so far and is powerful, smooth and very economical. I am making my final payment in a few days and am glad in my selection. This car is fun to drive and still gets over 30 mpg combined."

Nissan Rules!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Overall quality. Nissans run til the end of time."

Cons: "The inner design isn't very stylish."

"For the life of me I can't understand why Honda and Toyota have the reputation for being the longest lasting cars on the road. Every Nissan I've ever driven has gone for years and years with no problems at all. My Sentra has 173,000 miles on it and it has never broken down, and still runs perfect. Others I know who drive Nissan have all had similar experiences. These are the cars to drive if you don't want to deal with mechanical problems or costly repairs. If those are your thing, buy an American car."

Great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "SOUND LOOKS BLAHHH"

"i have owned my car for almost 2 years now. let me just say this...its really reliable and amazing on gas (20 mpg around town) but unfortunately that's all its good for. the gutless 2.0 engine is hardly acceptable (all its built for is gas mileage) and the very interesting not shifting CVT will have you scratching your head because it doesn't shift. the car has gear ratios the smaller it is the faster you go the bigger it is better gas mileage. the car does come equipped with a really good sounding stereo system. Oh yeah enough beats that the car next to you might glance over. The interior of the car is so boring it could literally put you to sleep. now lets move to the back seat i have a 2 year old and this car is our family car. On ever seat in the back it has safty hooks for car seats.....Only one problem tho....um...the back seat is very tiny. seriously NO ONE will be sitting in the back if you have a car seat in the back. And now the trunk! Its amazing super big.. whoopdy-do..... In all honesty i hate my car the way it drives, sounds, looks, and sounds....OOPS did i say that already? i wish i would have gotten something completely different"

Awesome compact sedan with excellent reliability

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Super reliable, good gas mileage, interior is soli"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Bought this car used in 2009, when it was about 2 years old with 30k miles on it. Have driven it as a daily driver for the past 5 years, racking up close to 60k miles on the odometer. We have done regular oil changes and replaced the tires once during that time. Other than that normal scheduled maintenance, we have had to do zero repair work to the vehicle. We love the keyless entry and start with the key fob - literally impossible to lock your keys in the car, and super convenient to keep your keys in your pocket at all times and never have to pull them out. The interior of the car is laid out about as well as you can expect, with great controls for the radio and A/C. Overall, everything you could ask for out of a compact sedan, with excellent reliability, good gas mileage and fun to drive to boot."

2011 Nissan Sentra SL (Bought Used)

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability based on price"

Cons: "Leather seats on some SL models"

"I love my 2011 Sentra SL - Nav sys w/back up camera, bluetooth, sunroof, rear spoiler, chrome trim etc... Due to a partial highway closure around here, the recent traffic on the local roads has constantly been just stop then go then stop... This car still hits avg 30 mpg no matter what - I actually calculated this based on a full gas then next-time-fill-up ratio a few times and not based on the Sentra's calculation. The stereo sounds excellent with embedded equalizer w/6 speakers with the automatic volume control based on the speed. I can hook up iPhone, Android, iPod and/or whatever I can via USB that my 6 year old daughter can even control what she wants to listen to and the volume off of her device that is connected to it while sitting in the rear seat. One thing I do not like it? I've never been a big fan of leather seats... I always feel I'm not settled while driving for some reasons but it came with it. So, it wasn't Nissan's fault since I could go for something else if I wanted to. My son and I play ice hockey and the trunk actually easily holds two full hockey bags w/o even folding the rear seat if you know how big each is. VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) on/off is really helpful if you ever get stuck in mud and/or snow."

Not totally happy with the Sentra

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling is nice."

Cons: "Interior "blind" spots; uncomfortable seats"

"I am not totally satisfied with the Sentra. MPG has never gone beyond 23 MPG. I do not do much highway driving, but expected much more out of the Sentra driving locally. There are a couple "blind" spots on the driver's side between door window and windshield, making it very difficult to see if someone is coming on my left (in my parking lot). A/C Heat vents do not allow A/C heat be directed to me. Seats are very uncomfortable."

nice reliable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

I don't own this car

"Nice car,very affordable"

Amazing vehicle

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Stability and looks"

Cons: "Mirrors- the ones you look to see yourself- brake"

Took picture in February 26,2014

"When I decide it to buy a car I choose a Nissan Sentra 4 doors Sedan (CVT) customize the 2008 car and require 8 miles. The color and all specification I told the dealer ship it want was exactly what expect it. Keeping the maintenance of the car and keeping my car is shape and shinny make me proud to own a Nissan. After 6 years own I still love my car. Shine like is brand new. It is a little bit hard to drive in snow but do the job very well. Stability is amazing and ver smooth. Someone hit my car in the rear and the car can take a hit. They fix everything and look like brand new. I have no problem after incident. Have minor scratches because of the years I have the car. But there are not bump or big scratches that you can see when looking at the car. As customize car I want a sunroof,16 wheel rims, 6 DVD music, in the trunk I have a hiding divider. Splash guards and side guards, spoiler."

Took picture in February 26,2014

This car is designed fabulously!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, controls were at my fingertips"

"It seems a real live adult driver designed the interior to this car. Everything I needed was right at my fingertips. Unfortunately and heartbreaking for me, we were involved in an accident. My Sentra kept me safe from harm, collapsing as it should have. I never even hit the air bag. I love this car and am getting another tomorrow. Thirty years accident free, but it can happen, and this car kept me safe and happy as long as I owned and enjoyed it. Highly recommend the Sentra!"

Love my Sentra

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a heavy car...smooth"

Cons: "Gas mileage not as great as was led to believe"

"I have always been a fan of the Sentra and always will be. Great car and very reliable."

Refuses to break down

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

Cons: "Interior is pretty bland. Almost like a shell."

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why Honda and Toyota get the credit for being the most reliable cars on the road. Everyone I know who drives a Nissan has had wonderful results. I got this car used with 17,000 miles on it and 4 1/2 years later with the odometer about to hit 165k it has never broken down, and still runs perfectly. I've had a couple of minor issues, an engine mount needed replacement, driver's side power window motor needed replacement, and heater/ac fan needed replacement, but that's it. It still runs as smooth and flawless as the day I bought it, and even with such high mileage, there aren't even any funny noises or quirks. Just change the oil, keep up with the maintenance, and don't beat on the car, and it will last you for years. Buy one for yourself and see."

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Yes"

Sweet

"Still new ."

Sweet

Good car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "side mirrors & windows too small, poor visibility"

"My husband drives a truck and I drive an Outback. We got this car as a commuter car if one of my husband's jobs was far away and too expensive to drive his truck.The gas mileage is around 30 mpg. A complaint we both have is that it is scary to drive on the Interstate because it is so small. We like the performance and it has enough pep. I do not like the design of the car (my husband thinks I'm nuts-he thinks it's a sharp looking car and comfortable to drive). I don't like the little windows in the back - it's hard to see when I'm backing up and the side mirrors are too small. I REALLY HATE those side mirrors. For such a tiny car I don't trust them when I'm changing lanes, and then the stupid windows in the side doors and back are so stinking small there are blind spots. The crash ratings aren't very good so I really don't like it as a commuter car."

I don't like this car.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Perfect interior size"

Cons: "The ride"

"This car rides like the shock absorbers don't work. The ride is bumpy and shaky, especially over railroad tracks. The interior is roomy. Otherwise the car was perfect for me. It accelerates very well getting on the expressway. The view out of the windows is large enough to see all the traffic especially for backing up. I don't like the car because of the ride. I feel like a bobble head bouncing around over every crack in the pavement."

Great car-rides and drives like much larger car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "comfort-great gas milage, responsive handling"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought new, kept up the service-no problems and comfortable on long trip. steady 29 plus mpg. only down side is road nose. Car still handles and drives like new with no oil useage between 4000 mile changes."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Nimble, Fuel Economy, quiet"

Cons: "Cheaply made, Exhaust issues, CVT issues"

"I purchased this car brand new, and at first it was great. It is a very nimble and agile little car. Road noise is very little, and the power is fine unless there are multiple passengers, then it tends to be a bit sluggish. Fuel economy is not bad at ~30mpg depending on how heavy my foot is. However There have been a multitude of issues with it ranging from the CVT having weird issues that Nissan claims are normal, to my exhaust needing to be replaced from the headers back at just 30k miles because the metal was rotting away (not covered under warranty). The struts were also in need of replacement at just 20k miles (this was at least under warranty). There are also smaller nit-picky issues that are a constant annoyance. Bottom line: its a cheap car, and it shows as its aging. Regarding the number of repairs needed, and my whole exhaust needing replacement before my "warranty" expired, I will never purchase another Nissan vehicle in my life, and will recommend to my friends that they do the same."

Some premature appearance issues

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"My main reason for selling is steering. It doesn't seem to track well. I don't know if its just my car or they are all like this. Wheel covers show premature abrasion. I drive strictly on paved roads at mainly urban speeds rarely exceeding 45 mph. The interior trim on the driver's side around the lower edge of the window has begun to show wear. I would expect such appearance issues to show up at 100000 miles not at 28000 miles. Factory recommends changing the CVT oil at every 60000 mile at a cost of $400 ouch!"