2007 Nissan Sentra

8.3

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Very average car, nothing special

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "It runs well! Has a good sized trunk."

Cons: "Very poor visibility, too many blind spots."

"I truly dislike this car for many reasons, but the foremost reason is the poor visibility and numerous blind spots. My second item of dislike is the dashboard. The dials are very difficult to read during the day. The orange glow of the nighttime is not very pleasant either. The floor carpets finally had to be removed from the driver's side due to their constant movement under the accelerator. It has been reliable, however, and that is a plus"

Loved driving this car - but felt the bumps! (A-)

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Reason: needed larger vehicle

Pros: "Easy comfortable ride - lots of interior space."

Cons: "Trunk only opened manually. Felt all the bumps."

"I bought this car at the end of 2008 - just before the gov't began offering tax incentives to buy vehicles ... darn! Kept it for about 6 years. Anyway - I always loved this car, except for the fact that when driving in the city or any area where the roads weren't in great shape, you could feel every bump. Didn't bother me as much at first, but now that I'm in my 60's started to bother me. I also didn't like that despite being 2nd tier trim, the trunk only opened manually - not by the key-less entry remote. I always got great fuel mileage of at least 25 mpg and more on the road. I was always amazed by how much I could fit into the car if need be. For Example, my wife and I bought new kitchen cabinets that were boxed. We were able to fit all the cartons (the cabinets were not completely set up) into the car with a bit of room to spare. The guys at the cabinet store thought we were crazy trying to fit it all in, but then apologized after the fact when they saw how easily it all fit in. The car was great on long trips - very comfortable to drive for long hours. And if I wanted to take a snooze, very comfortable to pull off the road and lay the seats back to relax. A cinch to park - Great vehicle for city driving & parking Carried my large dog comfortably in the back seat. The rear seats folded 60/40 - only they didn't lay completely flat. Had no trouble fitting lumber, etc in the car - and if it was really too long, just kept the trunk open with a flag on the stuff sticking out. Soundproofing was pretty good - didn't hear trucks blaring next to us on the road and could easily carry on conversations and on the phone w/o issue. Great visibility - except for a blind spot or 2 on drivers side back window. Only major work needed was that after 45,000 miles (4 1/2 yrs) - I needed to replace the front struts/shocks which were about $700. The bumps really felt awful at that point, so I should've realized there was a problem. Only other major expense I had was replacing all four tires in 2012, all 4 brake drums in 2012 and the battery in 2013. Also the fog lights went a couple of times and were more expensive than I thought they'd be to have done. Other than that never had to bring it in for any service except for the brakes and oil changes - and warranty replacement of air stem sensors. Minor things began to go shortly after warranty ended, example a couple buttons on the radio - which were impossible to locate. The a/c heater fan, didn't kick in as easily after warranty ended, but still worked fine. Also - had to replace (under warranty) the air stems which let you know pressure was low. Brakes were obviously rusted from the get-go (you could see it from outside). The cheap plastic wheel covers - were especially a problem if I bumped the tires against curb - broke easily. With all the larger vehicles on the road (SUVs) I finally decided to sell the car so I could get something bigger so it was easier to see in front of me, otherwise I'd still have it today. I was able to sell it for $8500 w/o a problem - and that was after having 2 accidents, one of which required frame repair in back which impacted resale value."

Saves gasoline money can run 36mpg on highways

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "easy to maintain and more room at parking lots"

Cons: "not too spacious"

"very satisfied"

Really reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "So worth the price"

"I have really enjoyed this car and only need to upgrade because I need a newer model with a back up camera."

adequate vehicle for everyday commute.

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, good interior space"

Cons: "engine lacks horsepower"

"This vehicle is a good everyday commuter. Comfortable, quiet with good interior space. Exterior is nice looking, not flashy, but not old either. Have owned this certified Sentra S for almost 1 year and have no real complaints other than the 140hp engine is somewhat lacking. Overall I would recommend this vehicle for the great gas mileage which I average 35+ mpg."