2006 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 816 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Solid Ride

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"There's not much I have to complain about. I got this car 3 years ago, and it still has the giddy up I remember from the beginning. I got a flat tire one time and bent the rim holding the tire...The dealer quoted me almost $700, but I found a local car guy to get it for half that. Other than that, I haven't had any issues. I got wider tires when I needed new ones so I could get a little more friction on the road. Hope I was helpful."

Luv this car!

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"well I am the 2nd owner of the car. Great handling except for the turning radius hate doing the 3 point trn. Anyways...This car is quick i always lose track of how fast im goin. I look down nd im goin 60 in a 40 mph street. Like the black color with grey leather mix well. I kinda dnt like the hard plastics feels very cheap to me nd can easy crack. like the upgraded engine displacement for the 2.5 liter nissan altima engine.. Like how its compact and no trouble parking. For the most part someone who wants a small economical sporty car would like it. Nissan makes reliable 4 cylinder cars. Sadly I am selling mine right now bcuz i need money. I will miss this car. So much fun to drive."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"This is a great car.really good in gas and decent in winter.no complains.My is 06 sentra."

Spec V

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"This has been an excellent vehicle to this point. I purchased it used in late 2006 with only 18,000 miles on it. Since then I've put over 25,000 more on it and it's ran great the entire time. There are a few features to this vehicle that it takes a while to get used to. Torque steer being one of those. However, the power and control this car provides for the price is unmatched. I would highly recommend this vehicle if you are looking for something fun to drive. With snow tires it also handles suprisingly well in the snow."

Less $ & Quality

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Bought 2003 Sentra GXE with 24K miles from school teacher in Feb. 2006. Sold it May 2007 with 33K miles on it. Many parts on the Sentra are low quality & fail. The fuel pump failed @ 10K miles & dealer replaced N/C. The cables or controls for HVAC did not operate correctly & dealer replaced @ N/C. After I bought Sentra the AC could not cool car above 85 degrees outside. Turned out to be defective expansion valve, but mechanic thought issue was AC compressor, as there is no diagnostics for AC. Not covered by engine 5 year/50K waranty. Cost $500. The CD player sometimes won't play & says error. Next time car is started CD player works. Then error happens again. ------------------ Engine & Trans were good. Sentra is a gamble. If you can buy used on the cheap, then maybe worth putting up with probable defective parts. It's not a Honda Civic, but costs less."

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reliable and Nice

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I've had this car since 2005, pre-owned with 10,000 miles. I've had a lot of road trips, and now I have 110,000 miles on it. I like this car. The transmission is slow to shift when you're revving and merging onto a highway. And you need to lighten up on the acceleration for it to shift into the right gear when going up hills. The seats aren't that comfortable for long rides either. But other than that, I think this is a great, reliable car that has served me well."

05 Sentra 1.8S Special automatic

By on Thursday, October 2, 2008

"This is a small economy car, not an expensive luxury car so you get what you pay for with this car...I've had very good luck with my Sentra. Gets good mileage at about 25 to 28 in town. (1.8S/automatic)... I used to have a 1999 Sentra, and the 2005 is vastly improved.....Has enough power to get around easily. Engine is very durable and clean running...Good in the snow with the front wheel drive...Could have more room in back seat, but it's suppose to be a small car!.. All the electrical components have worked with out problems...I like the way it drives, very tight handling, and good brakes..Overall the quality seems to real good.... I have looked at the new generation Sentras, and probably will get one eventually..."

this car was a lemon

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"bought it barnd new in 06, since then have had to replace the engine, which is still having the same problems. and now they tell me the ignition coil is trying to go out. this car has less than 50k miles on it. the reason i bought it was because nissans were supposed to run "forever"...not unheard of to get 200 or 300k miles out of them. NOT THIS ONE!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!"

I have a lemon....

By on Friday, August 15, 2008

"I bought my 05 Sentra new. I have had problems with the rotors, back breaks, fuel pump pressure and now the transmission has gone out--all at 35k. My local Nissan dealership changed the transmission (under warranty) and the same day I picked it up--it went out again. I have had nothing but problems with this car"

Nissan

By on Friday, July 4, 2008

"Reliable vehicle. Fairly good fuel mileage at approx 35 mpg on highway. No major problems in 6 years. Only minor repetitive problems was a squeaky bearing in the fly wheel for the fan belt which was fixed under warranty twice. Also, tendancy to rust at base of front doors where they contact rubber seal. Probably should have made a point of rinsing these spots free of salt during the winter. Otherwise, no complaints. Very comfortable car."

Great car

By on Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I love my Sentra. The only trouble I had is with the cruise control and the a/c. No mechanical problems at all. The gas milage is awesome! 30 mpg in town and 35 to 40 mpg highway."

After this car

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"I have driven many cars and owned a Toyota corola, a Honda Civic, a Pont Grand AM, on the car side. This car by far has been the best most reliable car of them all. I have owned it for 8 years and im sure i will for many many more. I have only had to fix miner things with the car (due to my own falt). Parts may be spendy but they are of the best quality. The ride on this stile by the way is amazing. second to none."

Reliable and fuel efficient

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"This car is fuel efficient and reliable if maintained properly.. The cost of maintenance is reasonable. Here are the cons I found in this car: 1.Automatic transmission is not that responsive while accelerating even though the engine is powerful. 2.I feel the suspension is a bit tough and the car is a bit unstable at speeds 70 - 80 mph if the weather is too windy. But for a regular city commuter, this car is a good choice."

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I bought this car because I knew that I would be driving a lot. 3 years later, I have put 80,000 miles on the car, and I have only had to replace one thing. It was some kind of valve that was not essential to proper function, and was quite cheap. It gets great gas mileage (over 30 mpg as long as it is not loaded down with a lot of stuff) and it has very good low-end acceleration for a 1.8L. The transmission is great. Overall, this car has saved me a great deal of money by being reliable and efficient. I would recommend this car to anybody who needs a car that can get you where you need to go safely and cheaply."

Good car for the money

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have a SE-R SpecV since Memorial Day in '05 and my only regret is it has not retained its value well. Positives + This car performs with acceleration and handling that allows me to zip around town and the highway with comfort and ease. + The interior is okay, not the best. Stereo is ok and easy to use, AUX input allows me to use my iPod! + Visibility! I can see very well and have maybe one or two blind spots. + The feel of the transmission when shifting is just great. + 6 gears! 6! + Only oil changes and fluids as far as maintenance Negatives - Had to replace tires a few times (bad roads in Philly). - Getting Power Steering corrected, under warranty. - Cruise Control got flaky (replaced under warranty) - Center console climate control light went out. - Windows seem to go off track slightly from time to time (not all are auto either :() - Ride is really bad when on bad roads... you feel EVERYTHING. - Anything else is just a small annoyance and isn't worth noting. After all, this was the lowest end-model (highest trim) in Nissan's lineup when I bought it. I bought it with extended warranty and they covered the CC, PS and climate control, which is great. Other than this, all I've done is oil changes! Great car for your money if you are a performance enthusiast. Bought it for 19k and it now has a trade-in for 10.... so.. lost a good bit of money on this fella."

I won't EVER sell this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"it's a good looking car (especially the blue one I own), it gets good gas mileage yet it has plenty of get up. i really like the sway bars that come standard on the SER and makes it corner well. I use this as my work car in outside sales. I put alot of miles on this car every year and it just asks for more. IT IS EXTREMELY RELIABLE!!!! All I have done is change the oil and brakes. The only con is the '03 has a recalled crank/cam shaft sensor, so from time to time it must be adjusted (free @ nissan). If your lookin for a gas efficient yet zippy car, this is the one for you. But u can't have mine cuz I'll never sell it."

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"Having owning one and still do, I have to say it is a good ride. It is deff. one of the best daily drivers, but does not have that much get up and go for me. It has a great sound system, and the steering is nicely weighted. The gas millage is good, esspicaly with the manual trans. The 6th speed is good for saving even more gas on the highway. Handling is amazing in this car, and the limtied slip on this car is great. The brakes have a good bite to them. Quailty is good, looks cheap but it is good. I have never once had a problem with the car, some might but what car doesnt have problems. The styling is by far better than all the previous and current sentras. The olnly problem i have with this car is that it does not hold the value. My 2004 Spec V with 63k is worth 9k. Overall great car for daily driving."

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I bought the car new in 2005 after owning an X-Terra, it had the same lag in the transmission. The head gasket broke and took three weeks to repair, when I got it back I had it a total of three days before it went back to the shop for the second of four consecutive visits. On the last visit I traded it in. I would never recommend buying a Sentra, it was the worst vehicle I've ever owned."

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Five years and 95,000 miles later, I can't say anything bad about this car. Aside from the normal wear and tear, it has never given me a problem. I wouldn't dream of selling it if not for the 130,000 miles on it and the need for a more updated car due to a new baby. Would definitely recommend it!"

No flashes but functional

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I just downsized from a Mountaineer, concerned with the increasing cost of maintaining an older SUV, and the exponential hit on my wallet that gassing up as become. My impression of the vehicle: I thought that the road noise would be quieter, but once you get going, you don't notice it so much. The handling is great. I'd flip over an SUV if I tried some of the stuff you can do in this little bugger. If you're into a flashy car, this wouldn't be my first pick, but being a more conservative person, this was great for me. Although the trim isn't fancy, it's not as plastic-y as I thought it would be. Something I will miss from my SUV is the keyless entry, and having keyed locks on both the front doors...but it's not the end of the world. The trunk is bigger than I thought it would be, but I will want to add a net to it. I'm very glad that there is a light that comes on in the trunk when you open it. I've noticed complaints about rear leg room. I can see where taller people would have a problem---just have the tallest person sit up front. For a person who doesn't have too many passengers it's more than enough room. While I wouldn't want to take a bunch of taller people on a cross-country road trip in it, its more than serviceable for a quick bite to eat around town. The nuts and bolts is that it's not a flashy car, and not one that it would make sense to "trick out" with add-ons. It just gets you from point A to point B, and seems to be pretty good on gas. I went exploring for the first time in months in this thing because I knew that if I went exploring in the Mountaineer I'd be looking at another $50 tank of gas. I drove 40 miles this morning and the needle didn't even budge. I'm satisfied with my 06."

Great buy!!!

By on Friday, November 9, 2007

"I have owned my 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V for the last two and a half years and I love it. It has 50,000 miles and I have only spent money on oil changes every 3,000 to 4,000 miles, tire rotation every two oil changes, and a set of tires at 32,000 miles (a new set of could set you back $600-$800 because they are low-profile, 17", performance tires). The 175HP, 2.5L engine combined with the shortly geared 6-speed manual transmission has enough power to keep you stuck to your seat in full acceleration, while providing 29-33 mpg on highway. The engine is also very reliable and starts as prompt and easy as when it was new even below 20F. Although it could be unconfortable for some people, the sport-tuned suspension makes this car a pleasure to drive fast on windy roads, and the sport seats keep you "hugged" all the way home. Even though I really enjoy driving my car I can aslo see that it is not for everyone. A couple of minor drawbacks include the poor rear seat leg room, a slightly-easy-to-chip paint, an expected decrease in ride comfort, and a particularly large turning radio (parking and U turns could be tricky). Overall, this is a great car that is a lot of fun to drive. For the price, you won't find a better car than this one."

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I thought I would get better gas milage than I did. I only got 28-32 on the Highway. Too small for more than two people. Great comuter car though."

7+ years and still going strong!

By on Sunday, October 7, 2007

"I've owned this car for 7 years and 2 months and have not had a single problem with it. Other than routine maintenance and replacing worn items (tires, wipers, shocks, etc.) I have not had to invest a single dollar in this car. Perfomance is great, its 145 hp are more than enough for highway travel or city traffic. In fact, my main problem with this car is always trying to respect the speed limit! I highly recommend this car, I would buy another in a heart beat."

I Love This CAR!!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I purchased my 2005 special edition when my husband and I had problems with our New Titan. We bought it just to make short vacations in but now it has become my every day driver since I drive 120 miles everyday to and from work. This car has been wonderful. I have had no issues with anything. The gas mileage is great and averaged over 30 mpg when we just went to tennessee and back home. My only issue is that it gets a bit uncomfortable on a long vacation. Anything more than 4 or 5 hours begins to bother you. Other than that I have been 100 percent satisfied with my car and I am sad that I have to part with it due to needing a lot larger of a vehicle. But I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is interested. It has been Great! and I hate to see it go."