2006 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 806 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best Mechanically Reliable Car I've Ever Owned !!

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "Gr8 on gas, affordable, reliable & handles well"

Cons: "Not a very smooth riding car ONLY COMPLAINT"

"Have owned a 2005 Nissan Sentra for 6 years and it has been the most mechanically sound car I've ever owned! Only once has this car been in the shop and that was a simple affordable repair.(In layman terms; a switch had to be replaced - when you push the gas pedal, it signals the computer or whatever for the car to go.) This car has given me a lot of faith in Nissan!"

wow!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "small, reliable, easy to drive and great engine"

Cons: "terrible window motors, micro fiber seats"

"very reliable and dependable and easy to drive the only thing i did not like is the material of the seats (micro-fiber) it was hard to clean, and the motor for the windows they keep going out. the material from the interior it was cheaply made like the panel of the doors the plastic of the the bottom of the door where you step on it.(fell off) But overall very good engine and reliable"

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Pretty decent

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "uncomfortable for long distance"

"I bought my 04' Sentra in 2008 and despite it being a salvage it ran smoothly. Granted all Sentra's have a problem with holding the pressure for the gas and have trouble starting, they are really good cars. It runs great, perfect for city driving. Now for long distance I personally don't recommend it. It can get uncomfortable, especially long drives, for that you definitely want to get something bigger. It's great on gas, just not very comfortable."

Always There For Me

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great on the curves"

Cons: "Upholstery is horrible"

"I am a crazy driver and my car has never failed me. Completely safe. Never broke down, not even new brakes and I'm rough on them. Had this car for 7 years and 110,000 miles."

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "Wish it was faster"

"This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, I love these cars. The 1st one lasted until 238,00miles with a hole in the radiator and still got me around. My current Nissan is at 120,000 and there have been no major problems, drives as smooth as it did when it was new."

Best Value on Any Car We've Owned

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"We bought our Sentra in Nebraska with 3 miles on it in March 2001. We have had it for 8yrs.4mos. and 168,000 miles. Replaced the tires 3 times, brakes twice, plugs twice, battery once. It still has the ORIGINAL serpintine belt. Changed oil on Sched, and only had 1 electrical problem ($900 Eng. Computer). Bought the car for $13,000 and can't bring myself to sell it, I wanna see how far it'll go. It's only worth @ $2,500 now and it is still running smooth. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Engine is still fairly clean / no leaks. This car starts in -20° mornings here and runs fine. If you get one... I hope it runs as well for you!"

Super Reliability!!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"This is my 2nd Nissan. My 1st was a new 1980 Datsun 210, before they changed name to Nissan in the mid 80s. I bought this used - a white 2003 Sentra XE 5 speed with 51,000 miles. I've owned it about 2 years now and it hasn't had any issues at all. I baby my cars, and I'd bet this one holds up as good as any car I've ever owned. It gets 30 MPG around town but have got 40 MPG on the highway. It's every bit as good as a Honda or Toyota as far as reliability is concerned. The factory CD player didn't work when I got it but I wouldn't fault the car for that. I put in a Pioneer CD player and it works great. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a great car. Mine runs like a Swiss watch."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I purchased this car new in Arizona for a 90 mile (round trip) commute. I also used it for frequent business trips to California. Thc car lives its daily life at 65-70 mph. I find it to be an exceptional value. The Sentra now has very high mileage and still runs/looks good. The only negative is that for a long-legged person, the front seast are a little inadequate. I would highly recommend the Nissan Sentra to anybody."

I've had better...

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"My 06 Sentra was the first brand new car I ever purchased. I thought it would be a good, economical gas saver that I would drive a couple of years and trade up for something bigger and nicer. Within the first six months of ownership, it was in the shop 8 TIMES!!! The fuel pump was blamed and changed and within a few days I was back with supposedly the same problem. Thre were also numerous mechanical problems as well as the comsole lid broke before the car even had 1000 miles on it. Since this was the fist new car I had ever purchased, I am very disappointed and I admit I should have waited a year and bought the Altima. I know several owners of those and they LOVE them. Overall. the Sentra is economical as far as gas goes (when you are actully driving it and it is not being worked on) but if you ever hope to get another car-do not pin your hopes on trading one of these babies in. Mine lost half it's value in the first year alone and now I owe several thousand more that its payoff even though I have a great APR with my loan. Buy one used and just use it to drive to work, school, errands, ETC., and save your pennies to get an ALTIMA!!!"

BEST VEHICLE FOR NOW

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"I FIND THIS TO BE A GREAT CAR FOR TRAVEL AROUND TOWN. VERY GOOD ON GAS. VERY LITTLE LEG ROOM IN BACK SEAT BUT OK FOR SMALL KIDS. EASY TO PARK."

Peace of Mind

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 2004 Sentra and its very very good. Buy this car and you will get a prace of mind. No issues, no problems, starts in a second even at Zero degree F (yes I live in North east), no mechanical issues. It doesn't have a timing belt, so you even need not have to change it. It has a timing chain which is for life. It gives lot of miles per gallo, 33 for me on highway. I would definitely recommend this car."

The best little car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The 2001 nissan sentra is not a stunning, beutiful car. You will not be taking any performance trophys home with this car either. However If you want a car that will get you where you want to go and not have to worry about breaking down this is the car to get. It also has fantastic gas mileage with a decent enough acceleration in a small compact car. These cars are work horses they can be driven everyday and still be running six years later."

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new and for the price(18K), it has been a superb fun vehicle to drive. I drive 7 miles/day round trip to work and avg.25-26 mpg. On the road I have gotten from 28-34 mpg, depending on road conditions and elevation. I lose about 3 mpg using the a/c, which here in AZ is about 6 months/yr. For a 2.5L engine, pretty quick accelration with the 6 speed. Handles pretty well for an inexpensive sedan. Only thing I have done is oil changes, using syn oil and the dealers recommended 7500 mile service. Only have 12400 miles in 2yrs I have owned it, as I have 2 other vehicles. Will keep this till it drops. Since I very rarely have back seat passengers, have no idea about the lack of space there that has been mentioned."

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

Very reliable, godd pickup, smooth

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "good price, very reliable, good gas milage"

Cons: "not very attractive looking, 3 crank warm start"

"only problem is 3 cranks to start when engine is warm."

This car was pretty good until after I owed it 5yr

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"The car was pretty good it is really good on gas mileage, but not a real family car. The back set really does not have alot of leg room. We have been having alot of issue where the car will just not start and is no longer reliable we have discuss this with Nissan and some mechanics and no one is able to address the situation, we have change and replace all sensors repeated over and over again. There is a issue and they did not do a recall in time for the fuel pump. Which we did have replaced."

Nissans are the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "very dependable easy to drive SUPER MILEAGE"

"I bought this car new. I get great mileage 30-34 in town apx 40 highway Just the normal maintenance Oil brakes, tires, etc.. this is my 3rd Nissan since 1986 very reliable and dependable."

sporty gxe

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "sporty, durable, looks good"

Cons: "the paint tends to fade on some spots"

"Since I drove this car when it had 60000 miles to now all i have changed is the cat converter, normal wear like brakes, belts ect, and the radiator, outer tie rod, crank n camshaft sensors for it had a recall on this, besides that fun to drive! Was convinced Nissan is heading into the right direction, ever since have been following up with Nissan and they seem to be the leader in new technology, plus their engines are made reinforced for they can even withstand a turbo kit while just being stock which means impressive power, durability, and strength, still driving!)"

fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable"

Cons: "little easy to lose traction in rain or snow."

"overall great car for the money. fun to drive, awesome manual 6sp gearbox. enough power to have fun with but still very economical, high 20s mpg average."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Very pratcial and good on gas."

Cons: "Not a lot of room, pretty small."

"I hav never had a better car, and I have owned many cars."

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Excellent reliability ... other than routine maintenance, have had no problems since initial purchase in 2001. Would definitely purchase another Nissan."

Not a bad car

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "sporty, fun to drive, quick"

Cons: "loud, rough ride, no fold down rear seat"

"I have driven the heck out of this car...it has really hung in there. I have a spec-v and the manual is a little "crunchy" feeling but even the new ones feel that way. It handles great but the ride is a little rough. The car has also gotten louder over the years too, especially road noise. I go through summer tires about ever 20 months but i like the grip. I dont know if its normal for this engine, but i have to put a quart of oil in it every month and there are no leaks. Oh well. Small back seat with no fold down rear, sucks. Plenty of power!! I get 25mpg city and if I go around 70mph i can get 31 on the highway...pretty good."

love the gas mileage

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"love the money i save on gas, and the feel of the sports car"

fast and reliable

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great handling and very reliable"

Cons: "must know how to drive stick well....."

"ive owned this car since pretty much new and bought it stock and it was fast stock and with just a few dollars i have one of the fastest cars in town...plus my family and friends have driven it and love how reliable it is and how great it handles...its a great car even stock if you want a good on gas car that takes no maintainance and handles like a champ and is a cool looking car"