2005 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Overall this car has been good to me

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Was a good economy car and had no problems"

Cons: "Bad Clearccoat on this model.needed a recall"

"The main problem I had with it was the computer went wacky for a bit until it was finally replaced. It was still under warranty... The Big issue I have is the paint...The clear coat across the top started going when it was still fairly new. I asked at the dealer if it was a defect because I only saw my model doing this but they said no. I had another Sentra before this one and didn't have a problem with the paint. Over all I have been happy with this car."

Solid; best braking syst ever

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "SAFE & RELIABLE"

Cons: "USED "MICKY MOUSE" METAL CLIPS @HOLD REAR SECT'S"

"I've only had 1 serious/a couple of disappointments w/this car; the way the rear body sections were joined. It's suspension system - incl., 2 struts Vs. all shocks, wore out early & costly to replace. But it's braking system is both top notch & durable: I'm still working on the original pads, & they have "adequate" wear remaining, per serviceman. For taller drivers, front seats don't slide back enough to offer adequate leg room; a situation correctable w/different steering wheel adjustment system. Fuel efficiency OK, not great (especially as engine wears). No accidents/air bags never deployed: THANKS TO XCLENT BRAKING SYSTEM!"

Nice little compact

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Affordable, Effective"

Cons: "No bells or whistles"

"This was the second car I ever owned, and it was amazingly reliable for such a little thing. Never had any major issues other than the light in the gear shifter burning out and extremely expensive to replace. It has a surprising amount of "OOMF" when you press the accelerator when most other compacts I've been in make a lot of noise but won't accelerate."

A really nice car, worth earning my trust on roads

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, perfect for baby seats in back"

Cons: "Small space inside"

"- Very reliable car - Great on gas mileage - A smooth car without too much noise - No extra maintenance, if you do your regular maintenance like oil change, filter change, tire rotation, etc. - Baby car seat in back seat fits perfect - 3.5 MM audio jack so virtually you can play any music device - Decent size trunk - Cons: - There isn't much leg space for adults sitting in back seat. For driver and passenger it's no problem. - No USB port for iPod. - Rear seats don't fold down, so you can't make cargo space bigger."

Good car. 3rd sentra we have owned,

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, good power fun to drive,"

Cons: "Quality of paint and seats poor"

"Very dependable, great gas mileage, fun to drive, doesn't do well in snow needs snow tires, exterior poor quality paint job and interior seats cheap"

Bang for your buck!

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "great price for fun, pocket rocket, sunroof, etc"

Cons: "A lot of recalls, not so reliable at times."

"I have had this car for over 2 years now. Bought it originally for 8999.99 private dealer. It is not the most reliable, I am on my second motor right now because I did not know there was a recall about the precat failure. I have then, put a lot of aftermarket stuff and one thing you do need is headers, to eliminate the precat problem. Other then that, for a 4-banger it is pretty fast! At 180hp and 175tq stock, not bad. All spec v's come with stock alloy rims 17x7". Great car for your money. I overpaid. You could find these on CL for around 4 grand for an 05 or so."

Awesome on gas, great for driving to work

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "easy on gas would be a great starter car for teen"

Cons: "only con would be it is small and I am a big guy!"

"I have never had any problems with this car. I have had oil changed/maintenance every 3000-4000 miles. I can get that information from my Nissan dealership here in Dyersburg if wanted. It is actually low mileage for a 2006 vehicle. Those are mostly highway miles b/c I drive 50 miles one way to my job. The engine and transmission are in great condition. Please contact me if you are interested. I am looking to buy me a mid-size truck reason for selling my car. Thanks"

wow!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "small, reliable, easy to drive and great engine"

Cons: "terrible window motors, micro fiber seats"

"very reliable and dependable and easy to drive the only thing i did not like is the material of the seats (micro-fiber) it was hard to clean, and the motor for the windows they keep going out. the material from the interior it was cheaply made like the panel of the doors the plastic of the the bottom of the door where you step on it.(fell off) But overall very good engine and reliable"

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Nissans are an outstanding value!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price & value, easy to work on, run forever!"

Cons: "Small, road noise, 2 people OK - 4 cramped."

"Since 1981 I have owned only three cars; a 1981 Datsun 310, a 1992 Sentra SER, and a 2003 Sentra GXE. I sold the '81 and '92 in private sales. Both were still running fine. The 1981 had 188,000 miles. The 1992 had 270,000 miles. My current 2003 has 212,000 miles and shows no signs of stopping or wearing out! These are tremendous vehicles! The engine will outlast the body! With regular maintenance and normal driving these cars last for MANY years. BTW, my 2003 still is running on the original battery, burns NO oil, and gets 35+ mpg! 300K+???"

Love my '02 Sentra!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "great value, reliable, simple and easy to maintain"

Cons: "no cup holders, no sunroof, no "fancy" appearance"

"This is my second Nissan Sentra (my first was a 1992!) I bought it 4 years ago and have put on 50k+ miles. I've done minor repairs and it's needed no serious work. It's reliable and a great car. Good pep and and easily get up to speed and cruise. For an older car, it's stylish and the interior isn't too outdated. It's a perfect "first" car for a 16 year old... My sentra got me through 4 years of college! My only complaint: the front cup holders don't hold drinks and send coffee and drinks flying across the car."

Reliable little Nissan

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "reliable, great on gas"

Cons: "very small"

"I bought this car when it was one year old with 30,000 miles. I found an Enterprise Rent-a-car sticker in the glove box, giving a huge hint at who the last owner was. This car has been very reliable. I even went through a tough time where I did not maintain it perfectly, but it has still been great. It has not had a mechanical problem, other than basic maintenance requirements (shocks, brakes, etc.). I would buy another one in a heart beat."

everything is great!

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

"The cloth in mine is black, yet whenever its 110 degrees outside the cloth is ventilated so it doesn't burn u like leather. no problems, and is fun to drive with great mpg! If u have a chance to buy one, buy it!"

Pretty decent

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "uncomfortable for long distance"

"I bought my 04' Sentra in 2008 and despite it being a salvage it ran smoothly. Granted all Sentra's have a problem with holding the pressure for the gas and have trouble starting, they are really good cars. It runs great, perfect for city driving. Now for long distance I personally don't recommend it. It can get uncomfortable, especially long drives, for that you definitely want to get something bigger. It's great on gas, just not very comfortable."

i will never get another nissan

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "I love the inside! Good visibility for short ppl!"

Cons: "Loud from exhaust but also road noise, and bumpy"

"This was my first car and I loved it because of that but I feel like I have had to get everything replaced. The ecm went out before 100,000 miles and now recently the catalyst converter and a hole in the exhaust. I am looking for a new car and I am really dissapointed because I only have 125,000 miles on it. I thought nissans were supposed to last longer?! Not happy!"

best car ever that I have owned.

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I love this car but could use a little more leg room for the back seater. The only problems I have with this car is the windows and doors, the tracks not durable. All my window tracks except one had to be replaced all pieces should be metal not plastic that little black ball keep breaking on the track.Two doors the locks not working so I had to get it fixed and one still not working right.I brought this car new."

Love it

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, stero"

Cons: "It won't transform into a autobot."

"I've had this vehicle since April of 06, it's been in a head on collision, and is still running like a champ. I have had no major issues wrong with this car."

Nissans are the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "very dependable easy to drive SUPER MILEAGE"

"I bought this car new. I get great mileage 30-34 in town apx 40 highway Just the normal maintenance Oil brakes, tires, etc.. this is my 3rd Nissan since 1986 very reliable and dependable."

Still in great condition til the end

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Reason: car was totalled in accident

Pros: "Very economical, lots of room, enjoyable to drive"

Cons: "Regular looking sedan, not very fancy"

"I bought my 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE brand new in 2002. It had manual transmission, which was my preference. Car was very roomy, drove great, lots of space in the trunk. I had very few mechanical problems with my Sentra. I changed spark plugs for the first time around 110,000 miles. The mechanic inspected it at 128,000 miles and said the car was in great mechanical condition and would still be on the road for a long time. Unfortunately, I was in an accident 2 months later that totaled the car with around 144,000 miles (although I think it might have still been repairable & drivable). I was so sad to lose a great running car."

I have owned Nissan Sentras for about 15 years now

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Great value, reliable,"

"I have found Nissan Sentra's to be very reliable and have continued to upgrade mine through out the years with good resale value."

Love driving my little stick car.

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, power, fun"

Cons: "Cup holder can't hold a normal size drink."

"Great power and maneuverability. Love driving the stick. This is my 3rd Sentra and it is the best one. I like the square-ness of the car. Makes backing, changing lanes, parking very easy. Broke my right hand and had to drive a 2011 Camry, sports version, while I was in my cast. I hated it. No pick up and go like my car. Visibility was bad, parking a nightmare with one hand. I am so happy to be back in my Sentra."

sporty gxe

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "sporty, durable, looks good"

Cons: "the paint tends to fade on some spots"

"Since I drove this car when it had 60000 miles to now all i have changed is the cat converter, normal wear like brakes, belts ect, and the radiator, outer tie rod, crank n camshaft sensors for it had a recall on this, besides that fun to drive! Was convinced Nissan is heading into the right direction, ever since have been following up with Nissan and they seem to be the leader in new technology, plus their engines are made reinforced for they can even withstand a turbo kit while just being stock which means impressive power, durability, and strength, still driving!)"

Always There For Me

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great on the curves"

Cons: "Upholstery is horrible"

"I am a crazy driver and my car has never failed me. Completely safe. Never broke down, not even new brakes and I'm rough on them. Had this car for 7 years and 110,000 miles."

Exelent

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "A lot of power."

Cons: "None."

"Outstanding Vehicle. Just the perfect car. I am actually looking for another one for my wife."

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, gas saver, smooth driving"

Cons: "cup holders are not the best"

"This is my second Nissan Sentra. I had a 94 and now an 02. I purchased this vehicle a second time because they run forever and I save so much money on gas. My 94 was wrecked or I would probably still be driving it. I have drove these cars all over the United States with several miles on them. I plan to buy a new one when I purchase my next vehicle! They run forever."