2005 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 806 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Solid Economy Car

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I purchased this car new needing a reliable economy car. After 205,000 miles it has held up reasonably well. While I don't think it was the best choice in the economy market back in 2003, I bought the car for $12,500 out the door....not too shabby. Mileage has always been high (35+). Interior layout is a bit primitive but it works. Too bad this model has a history of head gasket issues because I believe the quality of the powertrain components are on par with Toyota and Honda. Fortunately I haven't had any head gasket issues. Unless your mechanically inclined to take care of the petty problems that pop up as you put miles on this car, I think I would look into buying a Civic or Corolla (if your interested in the 2003 or so model year). I believe the 2007 and newer Sentras are considerably better than the previous generation. Pros: Quality driving feel even after 200K miles, good mileage, reliable. Cons: Interior a bit primitive, not the most spirited car I ever drove, front suspension a bit noisy Summary: A solid economy car for a little less money than the Civic and Corolla (in 2003)."

great car good reliability good on gas

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive easy to park great on gas"

Cons: "none that i can think of ."

"well i've owned the car for 7 years now when i bought it from my dad it had 98,000 on it in those seven years i've put a lot of miles on her. great comuter, and very reliable never really left me stranded only two problems in the 7 years, one was the cam shaft sensor went out, the other was the altinator other than that no problems i changed the oil religously at 5000 miles running mobile 1 clean 5000 since 150000 miles before was mobile 1 synthetic every 3000 miles religously from day one when it was new now with 213000 miles on her i still use her everyday to comute 75miles a day to and from work. great car would love to pick up another with 100000 or less awesome car"

Excellent car - only one concern

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"I have owned this car for just about a year and love it! It has handles excellent and gets good gas mileage. I own a fully loaded SE 2.0L which I highly recommend. The only problem that I have encountered and seems to be recently surfacing with most models of Nissan in the early 2000's is that there is a defect with the Mass Air Flow Sensor. THe part is relatively easy to replace yourself if you are somewhat savvy with vehicles but is expensive - between $275 and $350. The part is pretty important as it regulates the amount of air that goes to the engine. A good indication of a faulty sensor will be a repetitive bogging down in RPM's while in idle and will usually result in the engine dying while in neutral."

Dependable car

By on Sunday, June 06, 2010

"I got this 2004 in 2007 with 35,000 miles. Now here in 2010 it has about 160,000. All I have replaced on it so far is a battery(still had Nissan Battery in it), brakes, tires, and wiper blades. I had to replace bulbs in one tail light and license plate light. My cd player(not radio) doesnt work anymore and the power outlet in center console stopped working so I have GPS plugged into one behind cup holder which limits me to just the other cup holder. So minor complaints but nothing major. I know its not a major perk but the sunglass holder is awesome since Im always losing mine. Great dependable car. Hoping to upgrade to a newer one at some point."

Awesome on gas, great for driving to work

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "easy on gas would be a great starter car for teen"

Cons: "only con would be it is small and I am a big guy!"

"I have never had any problems with this car. I have had oil changed/maintenance every 3000-4000 miles. I can get that information from my Nissan dealership here in Dyersburg if wanted. It is actually low mileage for a 2006 vehicle. Those are mostly highway miles b/c I drive 50 miles one way to my job. The engine and transmission are in great condition. Please contact me if you are interested. I am looking to buy me a mid-size truck reason for selling my car. Thanks"