2004 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 806 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Solid Economy Car

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I purchased this car new needing a reliable economy car. After 205,000 miles it has held up reasonably well. While I don't think it was the best choice in the economy market back in 2003, I bought the car for $12,500 out the door....not too shabby. Mileage has always been high (35+). Interior layout is a bit primitive but it works. Too bad this model has a history of head gasket issues because I believe the quality of the powertrain components are on par with Toyota and Honda. Fortunately I haven't had any head gasket issues. Unless your mechanically inclined to take care of the petty problems that pop up as you put miles on this car, I think I would look into buying a Civic or Corolla (if your interested in the 2003 or so model year). I believe the 2007 and newer Sentras are considerably better than the previous generation. Pros: Quality driving feel even after 200K miles, good mileage, reliable. Cons: Interior a bit primitive, not the most spirited car I ever drove, front suspension a bit noisy Summary: A solid economy car for a little less money than the Civic and Corolla (in 2003)."

great car good reliability good on gas

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive easy to park great on gas"

Cons: "none that i can think of ."

"well i've owned the car for 7 years now when i bought it from my dad it had 98,000 on it in those seven years i've put a lot of miles on her. great comuter, and very reliable never really left me stranded only two problems in the 7 years, one was the cam shaft sensor went out, the other was the altinator other than that no problems i changed the oil religously at 5000 miles running mobile 1 clean 5000 since 150000 miles before was mobile 1 synthetic every 3000 miles religously from day one when it was new now with 213000 miles on her i still use her everyday to comute 75miles a day to and from work. great car would love to pick up another with 100000 or less awesome car"

Excellent car - only one concern

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"I have owned this car for just about a year and love it! It has handles excellent and gets good gas mileage. I own a fully loaded SE 2.0L which I highly recommend. The only problem that I have encountered and seems to be recently surfacing with most models of Nissan in the early 2000's is that there is a defect with the Mass Air Flow Sensor. THe part is relatively easy to replace yourself if you are somewhat savvy with vehicles but is expensive - between $275 and $350. The part is pretty important as it regulates the amount of air that goes to the engine. A good indication of a faulty sensor will be a repetitive bogging down in RPM's while in idle and will usually result in the engine dying while in neutral."

love this car

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I just got into a car accident, and the way the car buckled saved my life, and we have driven this car for 4 years, never once has it needed work or broken down. I would reccomend this car to everyone."

i love my sentra!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage for the miles on the car"

Cons: "the ac switches going out"

"been having this sentra for 10 years this bad girl has 180,000 no leaks! and still runs like a champ :) Only issue i have is the nobs going out on the ac switches went out and it got stuck on heat. Other then that she runs like a champ im looking forward to a lot more years out of her :)"

Dependable car

By on Sunday, June 06, 2010

"I got this 2004 in 2007 with 35,000 miles. Now here in 2010 it has about 160,000. All I have replaced on it so far is a battery(still had Nissan Battery in it), brakes, tires, and wiper blades. I had to replace bulbs in one tail light and license plate light. My cd player(not radio) doesnt work anymore and the power outlet in center console stopped working so I have GPS plugged into one behind cup holder which limits me to just the other cup holder. So minor complaints but nothing major. I know its not a major perk but the sunglass holder is awesome since Im always losing mine. Great dependable car. Hoping to upgrade to a newer one at some point."

Awesome on gas, great for driving to work

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "easy on gas would be a great starter car for teen"

Cons: "only con would be it is small and I am a big guy!"

"I have never had any problems with this car. I have had oil changed/maintenance every 3000-4000 miles. I can get that information from my Nissan dealership here in Dyersburg if wanted. It is actually low mileage for a 2006 vehicle. Those are mostly highway miles b/c I drive 50 miles one way to my job. The engine and transmission are in great condition. Please contact me if you are interested. I am looking to buy me a mid-size truck reason for selling my car. Thanks"

great fuel economy

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Reason: wanted a truck

Pros: "cheap brand new at 15k out the door. 40 mpg"

Cons: "should have kept it"

"bought my 2006 nissan sentra se new from the dealership. within a month of owning the car i drove across the country car did great got 34 mpg for the first 5000 miles. i used the car to commute to work which was 170 miles each way. car was very comfortable and often saw 40 mpg with keeping my foot out of it and not using cruise control. the best fuel economy i saw was 44.6 mpg. im currently trying to find another 06 because i wish i would have never gotten rid of that car."

Nissans are an outstanding value!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price & value, easy to work on, run forever!"

Cons: "Small, road noise, 2 people OK - 4 cramped."

"Since 1981 I have owned only three cars; a 1981 Datsun 310, a 1992 Sentra SER, and a 2003 Sentra GXE. I sold the '81 and '92 in private sales. Both were still running fine. The 1981 had 188,000 miles. The 1992 had 270,000 miles. My current 2003 has 212,000 miles and shows no signs of stopping or wearing out! These are tremendous vehicles! The engine will outlast the body! With regular maintenance and normal driving these cars last for MANY years. BTW, my 2003 still is running on the original battery, burns NO oil, and gets 35+ mpg! 300K+???"

Reliable little Nissan

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "reliable, great on gas"

Cons: "very small"

"I bought this car when it was one year old with 30,000 miles. I found an Enterprise Rent-a-car sticker in the glove box, giving a huge hint at who the last owner was. This car has been very reliable. I even went through a tough time where I did not maintain it perfectly, but it has still been great. It has not had a mechanical problem, other than basic maintenance requirements (shocks, brakes, etc.). I would buy another one in a heart beat."

Great performance, awesome value

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"What other car can offer a 2.5L, 175 HP, extremely reliable engine, a comfortable interior with plenty of space, and all the features of a modern car for under $20K? If you love performance and value as much as I do, this is the car for you!"

Good car. 3rd sentra we have owned,

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, good power fun to drive,"

Cons: "Quality of paint and seats poor"

"Very dependable, great gas mileage, fun to drive, doesn't do well in snow needs snow tires, exterior poor quality paint job and interior seats cheap"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, handles well."

"I've had this car for 7.5 years and it has been a reliable, comfortable car both for long road trips and driving around town. I keep the surplus junk out of the trunk (only a spare, jack, etc, no "storage" of extra stuff to weigh it down) and I get 32 MPG in the city on super unleaded. Drives great and handles very well, even in snow and on wet roads. Great car! Love it!"

Great vehicle, but a little uncomfortable

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Gas Mileage is great. Low maintenance. Economical."

Cons: "Lacks comfort for driver"

"I have a manual transmission and averaged over 41mpg with the original tires, which lasted almost 70,000 miles. When I replaced them with all-season tires, my mileage dropped to about 39mpg. Other than routine maintenance, the car has not required any maintenance work. My only complaints have been about comfort. There is no room for an adult, or even teen, in the back seat. The driver's seat is tolerable, but not really comfortable. There is inadequate in leg space (width). The clutch and gas pedals do not seem well designed. I have to stretch to push the clutch down or the gas pedal is high enough to crowd my knee. They should have put the gas pedal deeper, like the clutch. As I mentioned earlier it gets gas mileage that rivaled some hybrids of its day. With gas prices being so high, this is really a fantastic economy car."

No Maintenence Vehicle!!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, no mechanicle issues."

Cons: "no perks"

"I have owned my Sentra since 2005, with 10,000 miles. I have driven a lot of highway miles so I have put a ton of miles on it... but I have not had 1 single mechanicle issue this whole time, until this year. I had to replace my rear struts, that's it. Everything else with this car is spot on...except the sun roof squeaks a bit... no big deal. I have maintained my oil changes and my brakes. As far as reliability goes, I would recommend this Model Year of Nissan Sentra to anyone.. very reliable. If it's perks you're after... there arent too many of them. It's a pretty basic car, but it's cute and GREAT on gas."

i love my car, very reliable and fun to drive

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, economical, roomy"

Cons: "lack of stable cup holders"

"great car. 148,000 miles and still running strong, i have no problems. struts are wearing but its normal wear and tear. i receive many complements on the car. this car is very fun to drive and good on gas."

Great all around vehicle

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"This is a great all around car. Decent in the snow and perfect for the dry pavement. It can get great fuel mileage (25-28mpg) if you can keep from driving it too fast. It has gobs of torque down low and it revs quick to get you up to speed. It is not a costly car to maintain either, especially since it has been out on the market for a while. There are many aftermarket parts made for this car that are high quality and cheaper than OEM from the dealership. This car is perfect for daily driving mixed in with the occasional track weekend. Hopefully you found this review to be helpful."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, works"

Cons: "still thinking of one...."

"i have owned this car for almost eleven years and it has never let me down. It had a throttle body issue during the warranty period and was repaired by Nissan. It is a utilitarian vehicle. No frills, but does what alot of people want form a car, it works and gets you from point a to point b. Very low cost to own, i change the oil 3 times a year, do basic maintenance when needed. I am very satisfied with the purchase i made."

Love my Betsy Nissan

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and very sporty!"

Cons: "Can't think of anything!"

"I bought Betsy Nissan on 2/14/01 and she has been a love of a car. Although she did have some problems with stalling out, my mechanic fixed her and she was as good as new! But the poor girl is getting on in years and I am thinking of getting a newer vehicle. Betsy has been with me in all kinds of weather and many a snowstorm. I am grateful that I have had her. She handles well and still has a lot of pep."

good small car great mpg and handling

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "mpg-handling-looks"

Cons: "small"

"I am really surprised by all the bad reviews on this car,my 06 1.8 special edition runs great handles great and gets 33 mpg in city.I have never had any issues with this car other than it is small but I am 6ft 7in tall and still can get resonably comfortable in this car.150k and still runs like new.also awesome sound system"

210,000 Strong Brutal Harsh Miles

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Cheap Price great reliability"

Cons: "revs to high"

"I bought this car at 120,000 miles with everything working and no leaks. Around 200,000 miles the MAF sensor went bad so i replaced it, the CAT was also replaced. And thats pretty much it. Ive kept up with the regular oil changes except for the transmission. So i am driving it with the same transmission fluid since 2004, that was the last time it was changed. Im afraid to change due to risking having transmission problem so i guess ill go ahead and let the tranny die on me. Something that i really like about the car is it is very nimble and easy to drift lol. One thing i dont like is it revs high for example 60mph and im at 2.3k rpm"

Great, dependable car for the money!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage is great."

Cons: "It doesn't do very good in the snow."

"Ten years and 130,000 miles and the only down time was for a factory recall. Excellent gas mileage. Have averged 33 mpg for the life of the car. Even as high as 40 mpg at times. Handles decent and drives great. Only paid $13,500 for it new and after ten years it has more than paid for itself. Even the battery lasted ten years. Just bought a new one because it was starting to get a little weak and I wanted to change it out before winter. Only two complaints about the car. It didn't come equipted with cruise control and it isn't real good in the snow."

5 year review

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"I bought my 2005 Sentra SE 1.8 5 years ago. The rpairs have been very minimal 1. new Brakes at 76,000 2. new tires 82,000 3. new tires at 35,000 4. synthetic oil every 7,500 miles at 29,000 the head started leaking , they replaced the head gasket,"

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I bought this car in 2000 and still have it today as a secondary car. It has 221,000 miles plus. I can honestly say that I have not have any major problems out of this car. I have gone on several roads trips every year since the first year I got the car. I think it has served me well. My only complaint is that it is small on the inside and can get uncomfortable on long trips, otherwise it's a great car."

Sentra 1.8S

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"We bought this car new in 2005 and overall it has been great. We HAVE had a few minor problems, one dealing with the paint on the passenger side mirror and the accessory belt. Both of those problems happened in the first 10000 miles and now we are at 33000 and have had no other problems. The paint on the mirror chipped and started peeling in the carwash! We took it in and they repainted it under warranty but the dealer was less than helpful. They almost didn't let us have a loaner while they took their sweet time getting it repainted. Later it started peeling again but not as bad and since it's just plastic we didn't worry about it much since it was just a small spot. After that our accessory belt started shearing and only half of it was intact. The dealer has problems fixing it so we just stormed out of their door and took our car to another dealer who gladly took our car in, under warranty, and fixed the problem within minutes. Since then there have been no problems and we have been happy with the car. The little 1.8L has a lot of 'go' in it and gets good gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone as it definitely gives you the right bang for your buck."