2003 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 790 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Solid; best braking syst ever

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "SAFE & RELIABLE"

Cons: "USED "MICKY MOUSE" METAL CLIPS @HOLD REAR SECT'S"

"I've only had 1 serious/a couple of disappointments w/this car; the way the rear body sections were joined. It's suspension system - incl., 2 struts Vs. all shocks, wore out early & costly to replace. But it's braking system is both top notch & durable: I'm still working on the original pads, & they have "adequate" wear remaining, per serviceman. For taller drivers, front seats don't slide back enough to offer adequate leg room; a situation correctable w/different steering wheel adjustment system. Fuel efficiency OK, not great (especially as engine wears). No accidents/air bags never deployed: THANKS TO XCLENT BRAKING SYSTEM!"

Nice little compact

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Agile, Affordable, Effective"

Cons: "No bells or whistles"

"This was the second car I ever owned, and it was amazingly reliable for such a little thing. Never had any major issues other than the light in the gear shifter burning out and extremely expensive to replace. It has a surprising amount of "OOMF" when you press the accelerator when most other compacts I've been in make a lot of noise but won't accelerate."

A really nice car, worth earning my trust on roads

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, perfect for baby seats in back"

Cons: "Small space inside"

"- Very reliable car - Great on gas mileage - A smooth car without too much noise - No extra maintenance, if you do your regular maintenance like oil change, filter change, tire rotation, etc. - Baby car seat in back seat fits perfect - 3.5 MM audio jack so virtually you can play any music device - Decent size trunk - Cons: - There isn't much leg space for adults sitting in back seat. For driver and passenger it's no problem. - No USB port for iPod. - Rear seats don't fold down, so you can't make cargo space bigger."

Good car. 3rd sentra we have owned,

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, good power fun to drive,"

Cons: "Quality of paint and seats poor"

"Very dependable, great gas mileage, fun to drive, doesn't do well in snow needs snow tires, exterior poor quality paint job and interior seats cheap"

Bang for your buck!

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "great price for fun, pocket rocket, sunroof, etc"

Cons: "A lot of recalls, not so reliable at times."

"I have had this car for over 2 years now. Bought it originally for 8999.99 private dealer. It is not the most reliable, I am on my second motor right now because I did not know there was a recall about the precat failure. I have then, put a lot of aftermarket stuff and one thing you do need is headers, to eliminate the precat problem. Other then that, for a 4-banger it is pretty fast! At 180hp and 175tq stock, not bad. All spec v's come with stock alloy rims 17x7". Great car for your money. I overpaid. You could find these on CL for around 4 grand for an 05 or so."

Awesome on gas, great for driving to work

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "easy on gas would be a great starter car for teen"

Cons: "only con would be it is small and I am a big guy!"

"I have never had any problems with this car. I have had oil changed/maintenance every 3000-4000 miles. I can get that information from my Nissan dealership here in Dyersburg if wanted. It is actually low mileage for a 2006 vehicle. Those are mostly highway miles b/c I drive 50 miles one way to my job. The engine and transmission are in great condition. Please contact me if you are interested. I am looking to buy me a mid-size truck reason for selling my car. Thanks"

wow!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "small, reliable, easy to drive and great engine"

Cons: "terrible window motors, micro fiber seats"

"very reliable and dependable and easy to drive the only thing i did not like is the material of the seats (micro-fiber) it was hard to clean, and the motor for the windows they keep going out. the material from the interior it was cheaply made like the panel of the doors the plastic of the the bottom of the door where you step on it.(fell off) But overall very good engine and reliable"

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Nissans are an outstanding value!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price & value, easy to work on, run forever!"

Cons: "Small, road noise, 2 people OK - 4 cramped."

"Since 1981 I have owned only three cars; a 1981 Datsun 310, a 1992 Sentra SER, and a 2003 Sentra GXE. I sold the '81 and '92 in private sales. Both were still running fine. The 1981 had 188,000 miles. The 1992 had 270,000 miles. My current 2003 has 212,000 miles and shows no signs of stopping or wearing out! These are tremendous vehicles! The engine will outlast the body! With regular maintenance and normal driving these cars last for MANY years. BTW, my 2003 still is running on the original battery, burns NO oil, and gets 35+ mpg! 300K+???"

Love my '02 Sentra!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "great value, reliable, simple and easy to maintain"

Cons: "no cup holders, no sunroof, no "fancy" appearance"

"This is my second Nissan Sentra (my first was a 1992!) I bought it 4 years ago and have put on 50k+ miles. I've done minor repairs and it's needed no serious work. It's reliable and a great car. Good pep and and easily get up to speed and cruise. For an older car, it's stylish and the interior isn't too outdated. It's a perfect "first" car for a 16 year old... My sentra got me through 4 years of college! My only complaint: the front cup holders don't hold drinks and send coffee and drinks flying across the car."