2002 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Previous | 1 ... 30 31 32 | Next

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"DEPENDABLE/RELIABLE"

Very Reliable

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"This car will keep going until the owner neglects it and even then it will be dependable and reliable"

awsome

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Great little car, I bought mine used one year ago, no issues, great speed, fun 6-speed, no need for a turbo."

Ugh

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I bought the '05 automatic 1.8 S new, and it has not held up while despite doing all recommended scheduled maintenance to the vehicle. It currently has only 33k miles on it yet the tires have been replaced; it has had a recall on the fuel tank, the motors on both windows went out, were replaced, and are beginning to be touchy again; it has consistently had transmission trouble going from first to second, but the dealer claims there is no issue, and no repair has been done under the warranty, which is soon to expire; the vehicle has been shaking and hard to start for several months with, again, "no apparent issue" per the dealer; the vehicle is currently at the dealer (was towed by dealer) due to the fact that it now won't start at all- I suspect the fuel pump is the latest issue. The vehicle is also incredibly uncomfortable on long drives, and is very short on leg room in both the front and back. I am 5' 6" and feel I need at least another inch between my foot and the pedals, but it just isn't there. No one taller than me has been able to drive the vehicle comfortably. Also, the back seat is not adequate for even small children. I have a 5 year old who has to sit in the middle of the back in order to have clearance for her feet. 4 adults cannot ride comfortably in this vehicle at all. I am currently on this site to see how much of a bath I will take to dump this vehicle. I am so dissatisfied that I am willing to lose, or pay money to get rid of it. I would not recommend this vehicle in any way shape or form. I worry what will happen next if I am forced to keep it. AVOID BUYING THIS CAR IF POSSIBLE- PAY MORE IF NECESSARY TO SAVE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!!!"

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2003 Spec-V

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"My wife and I bought this car new in 2003 and have loved it ever since. It had a few bugs in the beginning but since we have been very happy. The only drawback is the lack of leg room in the rear seats. The gas milage is great and having a 6 speed really makes the car get up and go!"

My Favorite Car Ever

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"My boyfriend bought this car less than a year ago. I absolutely love it. It is comfortable, pretty good on gas, and so much fun to drive. I love the 6-speed and it feels really zippy. I have taken plain Sentras out on test-drives, but they just don't compare to this version. I plan to buy this car from my man some day so I don't have to make up excuses to drive it around town!"

Solid Vehicle

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"Fun to drive and good on gas 26-31mph in a super quick vehcile. Has the 4-doors but still is sporty. The sound system is awsome Rockford fostgate, 8 speaker with subwoofer. The fuel pump already had to be replaced (warrenty) and the window seals came off a little (small issue) My only gripe is I bought new and the drop in value married me to the vehcile but I think I will be happy in the long term if I keep it for long time."

Great Compact/Affordable Car

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I got this car as a means to save some money on gas since my commute to work is 45 minutes one way. It does live up to being an economical car on gas. The engine is great. There is a known issue with the transmission going from 1st to 2nd, but it is a sporadic and minor issue. The trunk leaked water everytime it rained, so I took it to the dealer and it was covered by warranty. I have only had to have the oil changed, no major repairs. Insurance is high because it is rated as a high risk vehicle (not built for safety). I am 6'1" and there is plenty of leg room. The seats are decent as far as comfort goes. I do love the car. It has grown on me!"

Great car

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I love my Sentra! There is not much space in the back for how far I have the drivers seat back. It is hard to fit my sons carseat (Rear facing) in there since my husband and I are taller. Other than that this car is great."

Reliable Vehicle!!!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I bought this car in 02' and I love it. It is now 07' and it's still running strong! It is definetly well money spent. I would highly recommend this car to someone that doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a quality car and someone that wants to save some gas!!! :)"

Stay away from this car

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Lots of recalls were done and still things are breaking. The car would stall in traffic (fixed by a recall) Odomoeter had to be replaced ( under warranty) Driver side window regulator and track had to be replaced ($450) Horn stopped working Passenger side window is now having trouble rolling up When you apply the brakes on the expressway the front end vibrates (warped rotors ?)"

Se-R Spec-V

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"this a great car, for the price lets face it there are alot of other cars out there,on the market, that I liked, but I did not like the PRICE or fuel economy, this is a great 2.5 L 6 speed, that rides on rails, reverse is a hard one to find sometimes but I dont go backwards to much, so I think this is a great car, I replaced a Volkswagon Jetta VR-6 , with leather, not as fast but you don't have to use hi grade fuel, and I get way better fuel economy with this and I drive it hard."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My car has been good and reliable. Insurace is not very cheep because it is rated a high risk car. I am always buying tires. The ride is rough with the low profile tires. Gas milage is good. An average of 24/30 miles per gallon. Seats are not very comfortable on a long trip. Cup holder are not tall enough. This car is really fun to drive and has plenty of power. I love the 6 speed!"

Sentra 1.8S

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"We bought this car new in 2005 and overall it has been great. We HAVE had a few minor problems, one dealing with the paint on the passenger side mirror and the accessory belt. Both of those problems happened in the first 10000 miles and now we are at 33000 and have had no other problems. The paint on the mirror chipped and started peeling in the carwash! We took it in and they repainted it under warranty but the dealer was less than helpful. They almost didn't let us have a loaner while they took their sweet time getting it repainted. Later it started peeling again but not as bad and since it's just plastic we didn't worry about it much since it was just a small spot. After that our accessory belt started shearing and only half of it was intact. The dealer has problems fixing it so we just stormed out of their door and took our car to another dealer who gladly took our car in, under warranty, and fixed the problem within minutes. Since then there have been no problems and we have been happy with the car. The little 1.8L has a lot of 'go' in it and gets good gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone as it definitely gives you the right bang for your buck."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Excellent economy car, none better for the price."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"For the cost it's a great little vehicle and in this day and age,mine at least is very fuel efficient with even running the air conditioner I'm getting around 37 mpg On average.Comfort wise it could be better with a little more give in the suspension and not feel every bump in the road.Original tires still look good as new after nearly 30000 miles.I'm in no hurry to trade this baby in!"

Some Problems

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"i got this car brand new i hardy drive it but when i do it is to small the fuel pumps keeps going out on me i took it to the dealer they fixed it but 3 weeks later it went out again i would recommed this car"

2000 sentra

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Car is extremely smooth; no engine sound, really amazing performance for a 1.8 l engine. quite spacious too. in short, very reliable."

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007