2001 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 814 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best Value on Any Car We've Owned

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"We bought our Sentra in Nebraska with 3 miles on it in March 2001. We have had it for 8yrs.4mos. and 168,000 miles. Replaced the tires 3 times, brakes twice, plugs twice, battery once. It still has the ORIGINAL serpintine belt. Changed oil on Sched, and only had 1 electrical problem ($900 Eng. Computer). Bought the car for $13,000 and can't bring myself to sell it, I wanna see how far it'll go. It's only worth @ $2,500 now and it is still running smooth. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Engine is still fairly clean / no leaks. This car starts in -20° mornings here and runs fine. If you get one... I hope it runs as well for you!"

Super Reliability!!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"This is my 2nd Nissan. My 1st was a new 1980 Datsun 210, before they changed name to Nissan in the mid 80s. I bought this used - a white 2003 Sentra XE 5 speed with 51,000 miles. I've owned it about 2 years now and it hasn't had any issues at all. I baby my cars, and I'd bet this one holds up as good as any car I've ever owned. It gets 30 MPG around town but have got 40 MPG on the highway. It's every bit as good as a Honda or Toyota as far as reliability is concerned. The factory CD player didn't work when I got it but I wouldn't fault the car for that. I put in a Pioneer CD player and it works great. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a great car. Mine runs like a Swiss watch."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I purchased this car new in Arizona for a 90 mile (round trip) commute. I also used it for frequent business trips to California. Thc car lives its daily life at 65-70 mph. I find it to be an exceptional value. The Sentra now has very high mileage and still runs/looks good. The only negative is that for a long-legged person, the front seast are a little inadequate. I would highly recommend the Nissan Sentra to anybody."

I've had better...

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"My 06 Sentra was the first brand new car I ever purchased. I thought it would be a good, economical gas saver that I would drive a couple of years and trade up for something bigger and nicer. Within the first six months of ownership, it was in the shop 8 TIMES!!! The fuel pump was blamed and changed and within a few days I was back with supposedly the same problem. Thre were also numerous mechanical problems as well as the comsole lid broke before the car even had 1000 miles on it. Since this was the fist new car I had ever purchased, I am very disappointed and I admit I should have waited a year and bought the Altima. I know several owners of those and they LOVE them. Overall. the Sentra is economical as far as gas goes (when you are actully driving it and it is not being worked on) but if you ever hope to get another car-do not pin your hopes on trading one of these babies in. Mine lost half it's value in the first year alone and now I owe several thousand more that its payoff even though I have a great APR with my loan. Buy one used and just use it to drive to work, school, errands, ETC., and save your pennies to get an ALTIMA!!!"

BEST VEHICLE FOR NOW

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"I FIND THIS TO BE A GREAT CAR FOR TRAVEL AROUND TOWN. VERY GOOD ON GAS. VERY LITTLE LEG ROOM IN BACK SEAT BUT OK FOR SMALL KIDS. EASY TO PARK."

Peace of Mind

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 2004 Sentra and its very very good. Buy this car and you will get a prace of mind. No issues, no problems, starts in a second even at Zero degree F (yes I live in North east), no mechanical issues. It doesn't have a timing belt, so you even need not have to change it. It has a timing chain which is for life. It gives lot of miles per gallo, 33 for me on highway. I would definitely recommend this car."

The best little car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The 2001 nissan sentra is not a stunning, beutiful car. You will not be taking any performance trophys home with this car either. However If you want a car that will get you where you want to go and not have to worry about breaking down this is the car to get. It also has fantastic gas mileage with a decent enough acceleration in a small compact car. These cars are work horses they can be driven everyday and still be running six years later."

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new and for the price(18K), it has been a superb fun vehicle to drive. I drive 7 miles/day round trip to work and avg.25-26 mpg. On the road I have gotten from 28-34 mpg, depending on road conditions and elevation. I lose about 3 mpg using the a/c, which here in AZ is about 6 months/yr. For a 2.5L engine, pretty quick accelration with the 6 speed. Handles pretty well for an inexpensive sedan. Only thing I have done is oil changes, using syn oil and the dealers recommended 7500 mile service. Only have 12400 miles in 2yrs I have owned it, as I have 2 other vehicles. Will keep this till it drops. Since I very rarely have back seat passengers, have no idea about the lack of space there that has been mentioned."

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

Great car. Lots of rust problems, though.

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Pros: "Great on gas. Great heat and AC"

Cons: "Very Rusty."

"I bought this car from a good family friend so I know the car well. We drove this car till we wrecked it and bent the strut towers. Never once broke down. Ice cold AC. Lots of rust on the rockers but subframe was solid."