2001 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 807 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Awesome on gas, great for driving to work

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "easy on gas would be a great starter car for teen"

Cons: "only con would be it is small and I am a big guy!"

"I have never had any problems with this car. I have had oil changed/maintenance every 3000-4000 miles. I can get that information from my Nissan dealership here in Dyersburg if wanted. It is actually low mileage for a 2006 vehicle. Those are mostly highway miles b/c I drive 50 miles one way to my job. The engine and transmission are in great condition. Please contact me if you are interested. I am looking to buy me a mid-size truck reason for selling my car. Thanks"

great fuel economy

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Reason: wanted a truck

Pros: "cheap brand new at 15k out the door. 40 mpg"

Cons: "should have kept it"

"bought my 2006 nissan sentra se new from the dealership. within a month of owning the car i drove across the country car did great got 34 mpg for the first 5000 miles. i used the car to commute to work which was 170 miles each way. car was very comfortable and often saw 40 mpg with keeping my foot out of it and not using cruise control. the best fuel economy i saw was 44.6 mpg. im currently trying to find another 06 because i wish i would have never gotten rid of that car."

Nissans are an outstanding value!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price & value, easy to work on, run forever!"

Cons: "Small, road noise, 2 people OK - 4 cramped."

"Since 1981 I have owned only three cars; a 1981 Datsun 310, a 1992 Sentra SER, and a 2003 Sentra GXE. I sold the '81 and '92 in private sales. Both were still running fine. The 1981 had 188,000 miles. The 1992 had 270,000 miles. My current 2003 has 212,000 miles and shows no signs of stopping or wearing out! These are tremendous vehicles! The engine will outlast the body! With regular maintenance and normal driving these cars last for MANY years. BTW, my 2003 still is running on the original battery, burns NO oil, and gets 35+ mpg! 300K+???"

Reliable little Nissan

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "reliable, great on gas"

Cons: "very small"

"I bought this car when it was one year old with 30,000 miles. I found an Enterprise Rent-a-car sticker in the glove box, giving a huge hint at who the last owner was. This car has been very reliable. I even went through a tough time where I did not maintain it perfectly, but it has still been great. It has not had a mechanical problem, other than basic maintenance requirements (shocks, brakes, etc.). I would buy another one in a heart beat."

Great performance, awesome value

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"What other car can offer a 2.5L, 175 HP, extremely reliable engine, a comfortable interior with plenty of space, and all the features of a modern car for under $20K? If you love performance and value as much as I do, this is the car for you!"

Good car. 3rd sentra we have owned,

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, gas mileage, good power fun to drive,"

Cons: "Quality of paint and seats poor"

"Very dependable, great gas mileage, fun to drive, doesn't do well in snow needs snow tires, exterior poor quality paint job and interior seats cheap"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, handles well."

"I've had this car for 7.5 years and it has been a reliable, comfortable car both for long road trips and driving around town. I keep the surplus junk out of the trunk (only a spare, jack, etc, no "storage" of extra stuff to weigh it down) and I get 32 MPG in the city on super unleaded. Drives great and handles very well, even in snow and on wet roads. Great car! Love it!"

Great vehicle, but a little uncomfortable

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Gas Mileage is great. Low maintenance. Economical."

Cons: "Lacks comfort for driver"

"I have a manual transmission and averaged over 41mpg with the original tires, which lasted almost 70,000 miles. When I replaced them with all-season tires, my mileage dropped to about 39mpg. Other than routine maintenance, the car has not required any maintenance work. My only complaints have been about comfort. There is no room for an adult, or even teen, in the back seat. The driver's seat is tolerable, but not really comfortable. There is inadequate in leg space (width). The clutch and gas pedals do not seem well designed. I have to stretch to push the clutch down or the gas pedal is high enough to crowd my knee. They should have put the gas pedal deeper, like the clutch. As I mentioned earlier it gets gas mileage that rivaled some hybrids of its day. With gas prices being so high, this is really a fantastic economy car."

No Maintenence Vehicle!!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, no mechanicle issues."

Cons: "no perks"

"I have owned my Sentra since 2005, with 10,000 miles. I have driven a lot of highway miles so I have put a ton of miles on it... but I have not had 1 single mechanicle issue this whole time, until this year. I had to replace my rear struts, that's it. Everything else with this car is spot on...except the sun roof squeaks a bit... no big deal. I have maintained my oil changes and my brakes. As far as reliability goes, I would recommend this Model Year of Nissan Sentra to anyone.. very reliable. If it's perks you're after... there arent too many of them. It's a pretty basic car, but it's cute and GREAT on gas."

i love my car, very reliable and fun to drive

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, economical, roomy"

Cons: "lack of stable cup holders"

"great car. 148,000 miles and still running strong, i have no problems. struts are wearing but its normal wear and tear. i receive many complements on the car. this car is very fun to drive and good on gas."