2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new and for the price(18K), it has been a superb fun vehicle to drive. I drive 7 miles/day round trip to work and avg.25-26 mpg. On the road I have gotten from 28-34 mpg, depending on road conditions and elevation. I lose about 3 mpg using the a/c, which here in AZ is about 6 months/yr. For a 2.5L engine, pretty quick accelration with the 6 speed. Handles pretty well for an inexpensive sedan. Only thing I have done is oil changes, using syn oil and the dealers recommended 7500 mile service. Only have 12400 miles in 2yrs I have owned it, as I have 2 other vehicles. Will keep this till it drops. Since I very rarely have back seat passengers, have no idea about the lack of space there that has been mentioned."

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

Very reliable, godd pickup, smooth

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "good price, very reliable, good gas milage"

Cons: "not very attractive looking, 3 crank warm start"

"only problem is 3 cranks to start when engine is warm."

This car was pretty good until after I owed it 5yr

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

"The car was pretty good it is really good on gas mileage, but not a real family car. The back set really does not have alot of leg room. We have been having alot of issue where the car will just not start and is no longer reliable we have discuss this with Nissan and some mechanics and no one is able to address the situation, we have change and replace all sensors repeated over and over again. There is a issue and they did not do a recall in time for the fuel pump. Which we did have replaced."

Nissans are the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "very dependable easy to drive SUPER MILEAGE"

"I bought this car new. I get great mileage 30-34 in town apx 40 highway Just the normal maintenance Oil brakes, tires, etc.. this is my 3rd Nissan since 1986 very reliable and dependable."

sporty gxe

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "sporty, durable, looks good"

Cons: "the paint tends to fade on some spots"

"Since I drove this car when it had 60000 miles to now all i have changed is the cat converter, normal wear like brakes, belts ect, and the radiator, outer tie rod, crank n camshaft sensors for it had a recall on this, besides that fun to drive! Was convinced Nissan is heading into the right direction, ever since have been following up with Nissan and they seem to be the leader in new technology, plus their engines are made reinforced for they can even withstand a turbo kit while just being stock which means impressive power, durability, and strength, still driving!)"

fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pros: "fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable"

Cons: "little easy to lose traction in rain or snow."

"overall great car for the money. fun to drive, awesome manual 6sp gearbox. enough power to have fun with but still very economical, high 20s mpg average."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Very pratcial and good on gas."

Cons: "Not a lot of room, pretty small."

"I hav never had a better car, and I have owned many cars."

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Excellent reliability ... other than routine maintenance, have had no problems since initial purchase in 2001. Would definitely purchase another Nissan."

Not a bad car

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "sporty, fun to drive, quick"

Cons: "loud, rough ride, no fold down rear seat"

"I have driven the heck out of this car...it has really hung in there. I have a spec-v and the manual is a little "crunchy" feeling but even the new ones feel that way. It handles great but the ride is a little rough. The car has also gotten louder over the years too, especially road noise. I go through summer tires about ever 20 months but i like the grip. I dont know if its normal for this engine, but i have to put a quart of oil in it every month and there are no leaks. Oh well. Small back seat with no fold down rear, sucks. Plenty of power!! I get 25mpg city and if I go around 70mph i can get 31 on the highway...pretty good."