2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 814 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

BEST VEHICLE FOR NOW

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"I FIND THIS TO BE A GREAT CAR FOR TRAVEL AROUND TOWN. VERY GOOD ON GAS. VERY LITTLE LEG ROOM IN BACK SEAT BUT OK FOR SMALL KIDS. EASY TO PARK."

Peace of Mind

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 2004 Sentra and its very very good. Buy this car and you will get a prace of mind. No issues, no problems, starts in a second even at Zero degree F (yes I live in North east), no mechanical issues. It doesn't have a timing belt, so you even need not have to change it. It has a timing chain which is for life. It gives lot of miles per gallo, 33 for me on highway. I would definitely recommend this car."

The best little car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The 2001 nissan sentra is not a stunning, beutiful car. You will not be taking any performance trophys home with this car either. However If you want a car that will get you where you want to go and not have to worry about breaking down this is the car to get. It also has fantastic gas mileage with a decent enough acceleration in a small compact car. These cars are work horses they can be driven everyday and still be running six years later."

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new and for the price(18K), it has been a superb fun vehicle to drive. I drive 7 miles/day round trip to work and avg.25-26 mpg. On the road I have gotten from 28-34 mpg, depending on road conditions and elevation. I lose about 3 mpg using the a/c, which here in AZ is about 6 months/yr. For a 2.5L engine, pretty quick accelration with the 6 speed. Handles pretty well for an inexpensive sedan. Only thing I have done is oil changes, using syn oil and the dealers recommended 7500 mile service. Only have 12400 miles in 2yrs I have owned it, as I have 2 other vehicles. Will keep this till it drops. Since I very rarely have back seat passengers, have no idea about the lack of space there that has been mentioned."

very reliable, but not well built or comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I have a 2001 SE (2-liter engine). I bought it used with only about 12,000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive with all its pep, and looked really nice for a small car. The engine is VERY good, strong, fuel-efficient, and I am convinced it will go and go for well over 200,000 miles with only basic maintenance. (I have 144,000 on it). HOWEVER, the body and interior are not well built, and -- most disappointing -- the suspension really gave up many miles ago. Replacing the front struts didn't seem to improve the declining quality of its feel on the road. There are a few persistent and annoying interior squeaks from the poor build. Some body parts, including bumper, mud flaps and such were not well attached and incorporated into the body. I can recommend this car only on the basis of the engine's reliability and the very good gas mileage, about 31 or 32 on the highway, which is quite good for a 2-liter engine. The private-sale value of the car is put at more than $5,000. In good conscience, I will ask for $4,000 and settle for $3,500."

Very reliable, godd pickup, smooth

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "good price, very reliable, good gas milage"

Cons: "not very attractive looking, 3 crank warm start"

"only problem is 3 cranks to start when engine is warm."

This car was pretty good until after I owed it 5yr

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"The car was pretty good it is really good on gas mileage, but not a real family car. The back set really does not have alot of leg room. We have been having alot of issue where the car will just not start and is no longer reliable we have discuss this with Nissan and some mechanics and no one is able to address the situation, we have change and replace all sensors repeated over and over again. There is a issue and they did not do a recall in time for the fuel pump. Which we did have replaced."

Nissans are the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "very dependable easy to drive SUPER MILEAGE"

"I bought this car new. I get great mileage 30-34 in town apx 40 highway Just the normal maintenance Oil brakes, tires, etc.. this is my 3rd Nissan since 1986 very reliable and dependable."

sporty gxe

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "sporty, durable, looks good"

Cons: "the paint tends to fade on some spots"

"Since I drove this car when it had 60000 miles to now all i have changed is the cat converter, normal wear like brakes, belts ect, and the radiator, outer tie rod, crank n camshaft sensors for it had a recall on this, besides that fun to drive! Was convinced Nissan is heading into the right direction, ever since have been following up with Nissan and they seem to be the leader in new technology, plus their engines are made reinforced for they can even withstand a turbo kit while just being stock which means impressive power, durability, and strength, still driving!)"

fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "fun ride, smart looks, decent speed, very reliable"

Cons: "little easy to lose traction in rain or snow."

"overall great car for the money. fun to drive, awesome manual 6sp gearbox. enough power to have fun with but still very economical, high 20s mpg average."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Very pratcial and good on gas."

Cons: "Not a lot of room, pretty small."

"I hav never had a better car, and I have owned many cars."

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Excellent reliability ... other than routine maintenance, have had no problems since initial purchase in 2001. Would definitely purchase another Nissan."

Not a bad car

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "sporty, fun to drive, quick"

Cons: "loud, rough ride, no fold down rear seat"

"I have driven the heck out of this car...it has really hung in there. I have a spec-v and the manual is a little "crunchy" feeling but even the new ones feel that way. It handles great but the ride is a little rough. The car has also gotten louder over the years too, especially road noise. I go through summer tires about ever 20 months but i like the grip. I dont know if its normal for this engine, but i have to put a quart of oil in it every month and there are no leaks. Oh well. Small back seat with no fold down rear, sucks. Plenty of power!! I get 25mpg city and if I go around 70mph i can get 31 on the highway...pretty good."

love the gas mileage

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"love the money i save on gas, and the feel of the sports car"

fast and reliable

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great handling and very reliable"

Cons: "must know how to drive stick well....."

"ive owned this car since pretty much new and bought it stock and it was fast stock and with just a few dollars i have one of the fastest cars in town...plus my family and friends have driven it and love how reliable it is and how great it handles...its a great car even stock if you want a good on gas car that takes no maintainance and handles like a champ and is a cool looking car"

Best vehicle: reliable, safe, 30 mpg city

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great price, safe"

"This car looks great, has a strong and reliable 4cyl engine which has been well-maintained. Drives well and safe with new brakes. Is clean and gets 30mpg with city driving. This car is my best friend."

reliable and great on gas!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "great on gas, fantastic sound system"

Cons: "bad place for cup holders, small car"

"Its a small car but it fits me because I'm a small person. First car I ever bought and paid for and still runs great! Its awesome on gas and easy to get around in. The sound system is excellent and it has a sub-wuffer (sp?) in the trunk so you can really hear the bass! That was one of my top reasons for choosing this car."

sentra special edition aut.transmission

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "little fun to drive"

Cons: "transmission/performance"

"transmission struggles, need performance, rough on the road, delicate throttle body, engine hessitation, acceleration/transmission combined needed better design/performance, ride is comfortable, good looks exterior and interior, good sound system, rough suspension, starting engine problem, need constant service/maintenance attention in order to keep the car running."

Great car for its size

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "lots of fun to drive very good on trunk space"

Cons: "not turbo charged"

my wife in my car

"My 2001 sentra se reliability so great I use amsoil in the engine and trans and in the power steering and the only thing I have had to replace have been front and rear brakes AC compresser not bad for a 10 year old car and oh yeah it has had many top speed runs. It can hold a $1,000 dollars worth of food for the family in the trunk and fits our family.My Sentrs SE has just over 107,000 miles on it."

my wife in my car

Great Car- Great value for money

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel economy, handling, pickup, cost"

Cons: "very basic, a bit cramped in the rear"

"Owned this car for 5 yrs now. Minimal maintenance needed. Have a manual transmission so the 1.8 engine pulls good and gas mileage is great 30 (city/highway). Low center of gravity makes cornering fun and safe. Only things needed in 5 yrs were: 1. tires 2. Cat 3. O2 sensors 4. Spark plugs. This car has everything you really need (cruise, power mirrors, power windows etc)but not a whole lot of other bells and whistles. Great basic car to own."

Awful Vehicle!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful vehicle"

Cons: "Check Engine Light, Bad Fuel Pump, Rough Start"

"Fuel pump went bad with only 30,000 miles. Horn stopped honking. Check engine light came on. Car would not immediately start every time. Took it into dealer they said nothing was wrong. Would not start at all twice. Weatherstriping on all doors was terrible. On a windy day you can't even hold a conversation in your car. Sounds like a hurricane when on the Interstate. Cruise control buttons became very difficult to press upon selling. Beautiful vehicle, hideous performance. Will not be buying another Nissan anytime soon!"

Good little car for college students

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Good gas milage. Easy to handle."

Cons: "Cheap materials used for interior."

"I use this little car a lot. I'm in college, and this little car drives me about 60 miles a day almost 7 days a week. The interior could be better. The material the seats have on them is made of a mesh type of material. Traps alot of sand, and crumbs. The sunnglasses holder, as well as the "change" holder to the bottom left of the steering wheel broke off, and the center console will not close properly,and the plastic piece that holds the metal "scissors" together to roll up/down the back left window randomly broke, but other than that, it's been running/working great. No major mechanical issues. Decent gas milage."

Bst car i ever bought

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "storage and front seat room"

Cons: "power lacks in the basic 1.8 model"

"I bought this 05 Sentra 1.8 ( no "s" yes its a bottom feeder.) in 07 with only eight thousand miles on it. since buying it it has been very reliable and dependable. only mechanical work done to it is oil changes, ( don't burn a drop ) battery, brake pads, wheels and tires, and a changing of the spark plugs. The car is a little under powered, but it is what it is. I find it has lots of storage places for everything from cd's to flash drives for my stereo. Interior is very good. but the fabric for the seats holds a lot of sand. its a great little car for a family with kids old enough to get in and out bu themselves."

Only 90K - and my transmission is fried

By on Monday, August 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage"

Cons: "starting, transmission issues"

"I loved this car - it was practically brand new when I bought it at 16K; I've had it for just about 5 years. I think I've taken really good care of it - oil, grease and filter every 3-4,000 miles and it's periodic services every 30,000 miles. I don't understand how a car with only 90,500 miles has transmission issues. I've flushed the transmission, new fluid and an additive, and it didn't work. Other than the transmission, starter, battery and a wheel barring, I haven't had any other issues. I am so not ready to pump $3,000 into this car, but I really don't have a choice since I still have about 18 months left on the loan. My warranty ran 15K miles ago, so I am screwed. I reached out to Nissan, but they told me I had to take it to a Nissan dealership to have it officially diagnosed before they'd review my case for financial assistance. I am not taking it to a dealer, because their expenses are far more than a private mechanic."

best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Bought my 2004 Sentra 2.5l new in 2004 and I can't say anything bad about it. It just keeps chugging along. I've got 140k miles on it so far and, aside from the things that we all know need to be replaced after time (belts, hoses, breaks, tires etc..) I've only had to replace 2 sensors. I don't drive the car hard and it's been nothing but a champ for me. I'd certainly buy another one and recommend them to friends."