2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 815 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Pretty decent

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "uncomfortable for long distance"

"I bought my 04' Sentra in 2008 and despite it being a salvage it ran smoothly. Granted all Sentra's have a problem with holding the pressure for the gas and have trouble starting, they are really good cars. It runs great, perfect for city driving. Now for long distance I personally don't recommend it. It can get uncomfortable, especially long drives, for that you definitely want to get something bigger. It's great on gas, just not very comfortable."

This is a great car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "Wish it was faster"

"This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, I love these cars. The 1st one lasted until 238,00miles with a hole in the radiator and still got me around. My current Nissan is at 120,000 and there have been no major problems, drives as smooth as it did when it was new."

Best Value on Any Car We've Owned

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"We bought our Sentra in Nebraska with 3 miles on it in March 2001. We have had it for 8yrs.4mos. and 168,000 miles. Replaced the tires 3 times, brakes twice, plugs twice, battery once. It still has the ORIGINAL serpintine belt. Changed oil on Sched, and only had 1 electrical problem ($900 Eng. Computer). Bought the car for $13,000 and can't bring myself to sell it, I wanna see how far it'll go. It's only worth @ $2,500 now and it is still running smooth. I'm averaging 27 mpg. Engine is still fairly clean / no leaks. This car starts in -20° mornings here and runs fine. If you get one... I hope it runs as well for you!"

Super Reliability!!

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"This is my 2nd Nissan. My 1st was a new 1980 Datsun 210, before they changed name to Nissan in the mid 80s. I bought this used - a white 2003 Sentra XE 5 speed with 51,000 miles. I've owned it about 2 years now and it hasn't had any issues at all. I baby my cars, and I'd bet this one holds up as good as any car I've ever owned. It gets 30 MPG around town but have got 40 MPG on the highway. It's every bit as good as a Honda or Toyota as far as reliability is concerned. The factory CD player didn't work when I got it but I wouldn't fault the car for that. I put in a Pioneer CD player and it works great. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a great car. Mine runs like a Swiss watch."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I purchased this car new in Arizona for a 90 mile (round trip) commute. I also used it for frequent business trips to California. Thc car lives its daily life at 65-70 mph. I find it to be an exceptional value. The Sentra now has very high mileage and still runs/looks good. The only negative is that for a long-legged person, the front seast are a little inadequate. I would highly recommend the Nissan Sentra to anybody."

I've had better...

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"My 06 Sentra was the first brand new car I ever purchased. I thought it would be a good, economical gas saver that I would drive a couple of years and trade up for something bigger and nicer. Within the first six months of ownership, it was in the shop 8 TIMES!!! The fuel pump was blamed and changed and within a few days I was back with supposedly the same problem. Thre were also numerous mechanical problems as well as the comsole lid broke before the car even had 1000 miles on it. Since this was the fist new car I had ever purchased, I am very disappointed and I admit I should have waited a year and bought the Altima. I know several owners of those and they LOVE them. Overall. the Sentra is economical as far as gas goes (when you are actully driving it and it is not being worked on) but if you ever hope to get another car-do not pin your hopes on trading one of these babies in. Mine lost half it's value in the first year alone and now I owe several thousand more that its payoff even though I have a great APR with my loan. Buy one used and just use it to drive to work, school, errands, ETC., and save your pennies to get an ALTIMA!!!"

BEST VEHICLE FOR NOW

By on Sunday, June 1, 2008

"I FIND THIS TO BE A GREAT CAR FOR TRAVEL AROUND TOWN. VERY GOOD ON GAS. VERY LITTLE LEG ROOM IN BACK SEAT BUT OK FOR SMALL KIDS. EASY TO PARK."

Peace of Mind

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 2004 Sentra and its very very good. Buy this car and you will get a prace of mind. No issues, no problems, starts in a second even at Zero degree F (yes I live in North east), no mechanical issues. It doesn't have a timing belt, so you even need not have to change it. It has a timing chain which is for life. It gives lot of miles per gallo, 33 for me on highway. I would definitely recommend this car."

The best little car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The 2001 nissan sentra is not a stunning, beutiful car. You will not be taking any performance trophys home with this car either. However If you want a car that will get you where you want to go and not have to worry about breaking down this is the car to get. It also has fantastic gas mileage with a decent enough acceleration in a small compact car. These cars are work horses they can be driven everyday and still be running six years later."