2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 814 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

MPG!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"With 34 MPG, you can't go wrong with this vehicle. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are the best car manufacturers and the Sentra is the cheapest of the models (with the highest mpg too!) Great deal"

Nice car, but mechanical problems

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive in the city, reliable"

Cons: "Major mechanical issues"

"I bought the vehicle at 43K miles, and have owned it for 6 years. Car now has 135K on it. While overall, it has been very reliable and has served it's purpose more than adequately (I use it for work, driving around the city to check on jobs), it has had several mechanical problems which have been expensive and ultimately caused me to have to replace it. First problem it has was cylinders misfiring. I had coils changed (which cost around 1K), and problem came back shortly thereafter. Several coils were changed again. Problem still returned. A tuneup at least got the check engine light not to go on again, but was advised it was probably just a matter of time before it happened again by my mechanic. The final straw was that apparently it has developed a crack in the engine somewhere which is causing it to lose coolant. Was advised by mechanic to start thinking about a new vehicle, as I would most likely need major engine work fairly soon."

Best Mechanically Reliable Car I've Ever Owned !!

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "Gr8 on gas, affordable, reliable & handles well"

Cons: "Not a very smooth riding car ONLY COMPLAINT"

"Have owned a 2005 Nissan Sentra for 6 years and it has been the most mechanically sound car I've ever owned! Only once has this car been in the shop and that was a simple affordable repair.(In layman terms; a switch had to be replaced - when you push the gas pedal, it signals the computer or whatever for the car to go.) This car has given me a lot of faith in Nissan!"

great little car, and so far my daughter cant hurt

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "great car for the money"

"great little car, and so far my daughter cant hurt, gas has been great, started everyday even in the extreme cold."

Bang for your buck!

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "great price for fun, pocket rocket, sunroof, etc"

Cons: "A lot of recalls, not so reliable at times."

"I have had this car for over 2 years now. Bought it originally for 8999.99 private dealer. It is not the most reliable, I am on my second motor right now because I did not know there was a recall about the precat failure. I have then, put a lot of aftermarket stuff and one thing you do need is headers, to eliminate the precat problem. Other then that, for a 4-banger it is pretty fast! At 180hp and 175tq stock, not bad. All spec v's come with stock alloy rims 17x7". Great car for your money. I overpaid. You could find these on CL for around 4 grand for an 05 or so."